• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.119

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.119.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Hekata

Artisan
Is it correct that Humans get 3 more new avatars than Elves?
I was just about to ask the same thing. As an Elf I'm staring to feel a bit discriminated; first we get worse troops than humans, now this... Kind of ironic when you consider the game is named Elvenar and not Humanar :confused:

DeletedUser6472

I wish there was a warning at the beginning: "Choose elves at your peril!" I have 2 cities that I keep at exactly the same progress level, it's really disheartening how inferior elven city is compared to human, including goods production, weak troops, harder spire and not just fights, but also diplomacy is more tricky, I'm not even going to start talking about tournaments! BTW are there any news from devs about that major screw up, we are still waiting you know... If the thread gone cold, it doesn't mean that we are happy with them now.

Pauly7

Magus
BTW are there any news from devs about that major screw up, we are still waiting you know... If the thread gone cold, it doesn't mean that we are happy with them now.
The thread over on Beta rages on, but they aren't responding at all now. I think the devs are happy with how it is.

DeletedUser6472

The thread over on Beta rages on, but they aren't responding at all now. I think the devs are happy with how it is.
Well, every week top players are leaving this game, so I'm not sure what's there for devs to be happy about... The knock-on effect will be felt soon enough, because when top players are leaving, the remaining members of their FSs are getting upset and demotivated to play, making it very easy for them to quit too. A few FSs have collapsed already on EN2 and EN3 servers since the introduction of new style tournaments. EN3 server was already small, but now it's getting harder and harder to find members there for the FS...

Timneh

Artisan
The devs don't seem to care about anything other than making the numbers match what they want to see so players leaving the game will not bother them (at least in the short term).

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Well, every week top players are leaving this game, so I'm not sure what's there for devs to be happy about...

This.

My Arendyll FS has just lost another top player - think she was ranked 5th on the server and has quit solely based on how Inno have screwed tournament play. Anyone could be forgiven for thinking the tourney changes were actually intended to force out the more seasoned players. The deafening silence from the Inno devs on the whole issue would appear to suggest they hold the players, who ultimately pay their salaries, in the greatest of contempt.

DeletedUser6472

The deafening silence from the Inno devs on the whole issue would appear to suggest they hold the players, who ultimately pay their salaries, in the greatest of contempt.
Indeed, it feels this way sometimes. Also, what's up with that God complex that Inno has with those almost sadistic tendencies towards its players, so very often I read comments from other players: "let's not ask for this or that, because it's going to be nerfed". There is a limit of how much arrogance and disrespect we can take from this company, as I said before, there are plenty of other, even better games out there, where players are valued and respected...

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
You can hardly blame us for Adobe's Flash player. Lets face it Facebook removed any games using this a few months ago to try and prevent some of the mayhem that is bound to ensue when people realise what this has been powering.
Worth checking all of the information we have been putting out on our Knowledge Base (the articles when you click for the Support page) or checking out Adobe's own site as they are asking eveyone to delete this from their systems prior to 12.02.2021 as a security measure: https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html?cq_ck=1591175470736

DeletedUser6472

thank you Silmaril, I am aware, it's just one more upsetting thing to deal with, since HTML5 version is really bad for chat and messaging and nothing has been improved since I tried it last, about a year ago...

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
I thought this thread was for discussing the latest patch? Flash Player or lack of and the awful Tourney changes are a separate issue and should have their own threads. Was the reversion of style in the research screen intended, or a glitch. I prefer the newer style.

Killiak

Artisan
You can hardly blame us for Adobe's Flash player.

It's been a long time coming.
That said; your patch notes should be complete and note every change.

It's not the first time something hasn't been in there, and it's another one of those 'communication issues' I have repeatedly spoken about. Would be grand if it was listened to, actually.

Lelanya

Mentor
Is it correct that Humans get 3 more new avatars than Elves?
Well. Whether human or elf, whether more or less, the fact remains:
Nearly all of the new avatars are a terrible mismatch with existing ones.
Precisely no one uses them, that should be revealing what a terrible mistake the decision to release them at all, has proved to be. I have seen a handful of players wearing the drag queen Halloween mask, and the odd lady wears the one pretty girl.
Secondly I was disappointed to read that you disabled the split screen for Android. It's hard enough to play on mobile and now we can't load Gems or Discord alongside the game. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well. Whether human or elf, whether more or less, the fact remains:
Nearly all of the new avatars are a terrible mismatch with existing ones.
Precisely no one uses them, that should be revealing what a terrible mistake the decision to release them at all, has proved to be. I have seen a handful of players wearing the drag queen Halloween mask, and the odd lady wears the one pretty girl.
Secondly I was disappointed to read that you disabled the split screen for Android. It's hard enough to play on mobile and now we can't load Gems or Discord alongside the game. I hope this will be fixed soon.

I agree all of the new avatars are horrible, they all look like some grumpy creeps, btw are they the same as the last ones this thing with peoples facebook photos painted blue? They look the same style anyway.
But so what, I can only have 1 avatar and this just means there is 5 more unused avatars where the other 50 already are. At least for a little while some people will use the new ones for the novelty factor of it. Maybe the game should just cycle through avatars like that, add new ones every month and delete the old ones at the same time. That way there is a bit of novelty all the time...

Gargon667

Mentor
I wish there was a warning at the beginning: "Choose elves at your peril!" I have 2 cities that I keep at exactly the same progress level, it's really disheartening how inferior elven city is compared to human, including goods production, weak troops, harder spire and not just fights, but also diplomacy is more tricky, I'm not even going to start talking about tournaments! BTW are there any news from devs about that major screw up, we are still waiting you know... If the thread gone cold, it doesn't mean that we are happy with them now.
so this is you joking again like on the other thread?