• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.114

DeletedUser6472

HTML5 in this game is a far cry from Flash, especially where messaging is concerned. This is not the way to push us to use HTML5, we have already plenty of unpleasant features to deal with (tournaments), this can just push me over the edge (quit this game)...

OldHag

Necromancer
We recommend Chrome and HTML5 currently and recommend players start to make the switch over in all their applications before the end date as everything will then cease to function. Flash has had a warning pop up for months now to move people away from it.

Easier said then done, for some of us....

This computer will no longer receive Google Chrome updates because Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported.

Can you recommend a browser that supports Vista or is it goodbye Inno?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I am unaware of any browers supporting unsupported operating systems @OldHag but I am aware that Microsoft have been allowing very old systems like XP and Vista to be upgraded to Windows 10 without cost.

OldHag

Necromancer
I am unaware of any browers supporting unsupported operating systems @OldHag but I am aware that Microsoft have been allowing very old systems like XP and Vista to be upgraded to Windows 10 without cost.
hmmm, I will look into that. Sounds like a bit of work though, but thanks

Pauly7

Magus
We recommend Chrome and HTML5 currently and recommend players start to make the switch over in all their applications before the end date as everything will then cease to function.
Will it cease to function, or just cease to be supported?
A bit curious, but what's better with flash? In my opinion flash is a memory hog that makes the computer slow after some time. Also nice to not having to upgrade it every now and then.
So many things are better on the Flash version. They aren't all game-changers, but it's an all round better experience. Many of the bugs appearing in HTML5 don't appear in Flash (i.e. loading errors, buildings doing strange things, parts of cities disappearing), although the tables have been turned with this bug. There are also more cosmetic things which are just frustrating on HTML5, such as blank lines being inserted when copy pasting text.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Pauly7 Adobe are ceasing Flash 31.12.2020. I know I have been getting warnings for months when I have used Flash and there are several articles about it ending and how browsers have the same mechanics inbuilt (why we recommend Chrome and Firefox as they both do).
I can still locate free windows 10 upgrades for both of these although full of warnings in case the device is also as old as these.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
One has to wonder how much, if any, testing Inno actually do before releasing an update. The current situation suggests not very much. :(

OldHag

Necromancer

I checked with my Oracle and it's not available anymore and you are right that in there are no browsers that support Vista anymore. I have switched to HTML5 and using my firefox browser, but I have to say, I really don't like it, flash is so much smoother for me.

DeletedUser6357

I am a supporter of new technologies. I've been trying to play HTML5 since it was introduced.
It is extremely strange to me that this version is HEAVIER than flash.
I try to play with the new version several times and I'm always forced to go back to flash - loading my computer with HTML5 makes the game impossible.
Reading this topic, I understand that this problem is not only for me.
Inno games marketing has long been clear that it is not in tune with the players. At least for the players from the beta and en servers whose forums I follow.
It seems that around the New Year I will have to stop playing this game. Like many other players. If HTML5 does not become lighter.
windows 10
Extremely frivolous advice - no player is required to spend at least $ 800 to have a computer that can work with Win10!

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I checked with my Oracle and it's not available anymore and you are right that in there are no browsers that support Vista anymore. I have switched to HTML5 and using my firefox browser, but I have to say, I really don't like it, flash is so much smoother for me.
Same for me using a Linux operating system. Will hopefully be reverting back to Flash as soon as Inno get round to fixing the screw up.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Viskyar Windows 10 updates have been given free to customers who already have an older version on their pc. Hence I mentioned this if you read back on the thread. It has nothing whatsoever to do with spending money it is about the possibility of this free upgrade.

On the plus side we have had many players come to us who had no clue that Flash was ceasing this year, hopefully forwarned now.

Deleted User - 1759805

there are no browsers that support Vista anymore
Officially do not support is not the same as do not work. Regular browsers may still work just as well. And some projects do provide current browser builds that work even on XP - e.g. Mypal, New Moon/Basilisk/Serpent (all PaleMoon/Firefox forks). Recently I managed to run one of these browsers on Pentium2 laptop from 20+ years ago (with WinXP). Excruciatingly slow, but it worked.

DeletedUser6357

@@Viskyar Windows 10 updates
You don't understand things at all - it's about hardware costs. Not for free Unidows upgrade.
I can install Win10 on my hardware. But this will not help the game to go easier.
On the contrary, I probably won't be able to enter the game at all.
It's simple - each subsequent version of Win requires more powerful, respectively - MORE EXPENSIVE hardware.

malph

Spellcaster
I have found the solution for me anyway and that was to download a browser that uses less cpu and memory
i tried a few but found the one that works best for me its called slimbrowser https://www.slimbrowser.net/

hope this helps other
am running windows 7 and this browser is working great