• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.114

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Viskyar Please refrain from making assumptions.

OldHag

Necromancer
Officially do not support is not the same as do not work. Regular browsers may still work just as well. And some projects do provide current browser builds that work even on XP - e.g. Mypal, New Moon/Basilisk/Serpent (all PaleMoon/Firefox forks). Recently I managed to run one of these browsers on Pentium2 laptop from 20+ years ago (with WinXP). Excruciatingly slow, but it worked.

True enough and I'm on firefox, it works, the screen 'flash'es (which is a tad ironic), how much of that I can stand, I don't know, but it feels like I've taken a huge step backwards in my gaming. The flashing screens are migriane material.

OldHag

Necromancer
Really? I got switched to HTML yesterday and can't log in now....lol

malph

Spellcaster
its working but come the 20th december Flash wont work anymore and then alot of us are gonna have problems

Timneh

Artisan
I read somewhere that if you disable browser updates flash should continue to work after December. I have no idea if that is true or not.

Pauly7

Magus
I read somewhere that if you disable browser updates flash should continue to work after December. I have no idea if that is true or not.
Well I'm no scientist, but it seems to me that all Adobe can really say is that they no longer support Flash, i.e. they won't provide further updates or versions. To prevent people from using it would be a case of getting the browser providers on board (so, like you say, subsequent browser updates could see Google or Microsoft disable it on their software). Then it comes down to a matter of whether companies like Inno wish to leave their browser games running. Inno could disable it themselves on 31st December, if that's what they want to do.

Deleted User - 1759805

Well I'm no scientist, but it seems to me that all Adobe can really say is that they no longer support Flash, i.e. they won't provide further updates or versions. To prevent people from using it would be a case of getting the browser providers on board (so, like you say, subsequent browser updates could see Google or Microsoft disable it on their software). Then it comes down to a matter of whether companies like Inno wish to leave their browser games running. Inno could disable it themselves on 31st December, if that's what they want to do.
The browser developers have been on board for a long time. Flash will be gone by the end of 2020, and there is nothing that Adobe, and certainly Inno, can do about that. You can stop updating your browsers, but you may have other problems with that (anyone who has an old computer with a really old browser can find out that they simply cannot access most of the sites out there).

• By the end of 2020, we will remove the ability to run Adobe Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer across all supported versions of Microsoft Windows. Users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash.
  • We will remove Flash completely from Chrome toward the end of 2020.
  • In January 2021, Firefox 85 will completely remove Flash support. Adobe will stop shipping security updates for Flash at the end of 2020.

Timneh

Artisan
Well when i tried HTML5 i hated it. I think i would rather stop playing than have to use HTML5.

m4rt1n

Adept
Well when i tried HTML5 i hated it. I think i would rather stop playing than have to use HTML5.

I switched over recently and am slowly getting used to the more jumpy less smooth game, and I'm using a gaming PC so it must be bad for players on a normal PC