• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.11

DeletedUser1925

I just wish they would go back and fix the older bugs ( Disappearing Armies, Building Upgrades not crediting for quests, All buildings being in the corner on neighbor visits, etc. )

this is a feature not a bug.... is where the magic come from! Plus from MA.

DeletedUser363

As part of the upgrade it said that when you can't meet the requirements for an upgrade it gives you pointers on how to meet them....why was I not surprised that for a lack of culture to carry out the upgrade it says Get Culture, click on that and it takes you to a culture boost...that needs diamonds. So the advice we now get is...if you want to upgrade buy diamonds.

Also, I am another unhappy with the Orcs and Goblins. Three members of my fs are in them, one has left, one leaving if things don't change and myself.......wondering why I'm still here. We have spent weeks and weeks at the end of the fairies waiting for something new, and our patience is rewarded with what I can only call static chaos.

DeletedUser1925

Basically soon it won't matter what you do/build. Everybody will be forced to build the same orcs dung. Every city will look the same.

Killiak

Artisan
Really? You have some sort of data to back this inane assertion up? How many people actually use the forum? How many play the game?

I would like to challenge that statement as well.

Granted I am being melodramatic, but Z's response has officially gotten my nose out of joint.

Let's be realistic. Z is a lightning rod to divert the bad reactions and trying to quiet down the upheaval.
Not doing a great job there though (imo), since pretty much every leader that didn't know was just called a BAD LEADER by an Innogames representative. Would you like to go on and call us all bad players too?

On point 2: I'm only a volunteer and have no insight into the business plan with regard to Elvenar, so any reply on this coming from me would be guess-work based on my 30+ year experience as an entrepeneur.

So realistically you are saying you are like Jon Snow. No insight into the business plans and I assume you have no insight into the actual amount of players coming and going, nor the actual forum use. That makes your statements on those matters irrelevant.

DeletedUser1925

Forum mods are volunteers and have no real connections with INNO! they just follow the forum rules and apply them... Relay messages to INNO and that is all! What inno does with the messages... Pretty much ignore them! And if they are not ignored they will just fix those that directly benefit INNO to sell more diamonds.

DeletedUser823

Hmm - I'm a fellowship leader, and someone who has paid a lot of real world money to Inno over the years (in this game and others); and I read these forums once in a blue moon. Inno need to get their act together - and make game announcements a proper feature in the game itself. Very disappointed in this latest development; and very unimpressed that mods (who I accept are volunteers) are saying that it is somehow all the fault of we leaders that players didn't know about this change to the compulsory nature of the tech tree. not a happy bunny

Deleted User - 13667

No idea how it was concluded that being the lead in a fellowship means you must be reading the forums. Certainly it was not a requirement in setting up a fellowship. Perhaps the group who claims as such wants to bring this to the attention of the programmers to make it mandatorial as per every bit of newly added AW nowadays?

DeletedUser1775

We just lost our 2nd highest player to this update. She has over 120k points and as she eloquently put ,this is the last drop that finally made her stop. In case you are wondering, she has 3 temple of seeds and 5 snails so spending $$ is not a problem for her.

Well done Inno, you are well on your way to loose a lot of good PAYING customers. Keep it up.

DeletedUser1295

Hi all, seems I unintentionally ruffled a few feathers :p

What I really meant to say is that imho any leader should share useful information with fellows .
Also: any fellow should share useful information with his/her fellows.

I realize my opinion on the above might not be shared by all players, still it is and will remain my personal opinion.

As a forum moderator I regularly need to withold myself from expressing a personal opinion, thus not influencing the main stream.
Every now and then I may show some personal preference, or make a mistake.
I am a real person behind my keyboard and modding screen ;) -
Whenever you feel I did not treat you fair, please let it be known to either myself or to our Community Manager.

Useful information is often available here on forum, thanks to all your comments here I now realize that something needs to be done on making the forum more accessible and I will forward this !

firerock

Enchanter
What would be helpful (and it seems to everyone but the developers!) is that INNO provided something IN GAME, not in the forums about changes when they happen.

Have an internal mail, saying new changes on the way read about them on the wiki (give link), then say if you want to discuss them or leave your feedback please join the forum.

COME ON!!! Is it that hard to do?????

DeletedUser1161

Ok going to say what I think here, I for one am not happy about having to deal with orcs in provinces (in fights when i cannot produce them) because I haven't got to that part of the research map, but in saying that i'm doing fights now that I would never of attempted before and getting them. I'm also not happy about what the game producers have done bringing the orcs into the game ie fights in provinces that you have no control over..... but they have and we have to deal with it. As a leader of two fellowships I can only give my members information from what I find in the forums ie this one or the beta forum and prepare them as best I can for the upcoming changes, ok we may not like it... and believe me I do not like some of the changes, but what do we do quit or carry on... we carry on

DeletedUser1458

Just putting it out there to the programmers/moderators: Instead of changing the game (in retrospect) making players go back who are already way past the 3 AW research blocks on the tree because they chose NOT to bother with AW for various reasons, why don't you just DONATE the KP's needed to unlock the tree and the building materials so that we can all get on with playing (an up till now) reasonably good game??

Vroot TwoFoot

Adventurer
“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

If you can't be bothered getting information to us then we can't be bothered getting money to you. Anyone know any good replacements for this?

DeletedUser2103

I'm not to happy with this update either.

But to the players that said that I didn't see the the information because it was only in the forum, my only guess is that you don't have any interest in this game at all. Especially older players. You should have learned by now that news from Inno comes primary from the forum and if you liked this game at all, of course you would want to read about what comes next and since you know that information is in the forum you would looked there.

If you are interested in this game. Check the forum sometimes and check the link below once every week and you will know about all changes at least 1-2 weeks before it happens.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/release-notes.8/

DeletedUser1161

But to the players that said that I didn't see the the information because it was only in the forum, my only guess is that you don't have any interest in this game at all. Especially older players. You should have learned by now that news from Inno comes primary from the forum and if you liked this game at all, of course you would want to read about what comes next and since you know that information is in the forum you would looked there.

If you are interested in this game. Check the forum sometimes and check the link below once every week and you will know about all changes at least 1-2 weeks before it happens.

Well said I have warned my members of what is coming.... can we control it no..... all we can do is go with the flow

DeletedUser2148

You know what I did. I was planning ahead. That is the point - I have to tear up all my planning and waste time on a pointless excercise that eats resources before I can get back to doing what I was in the middle of doing. That is why I'm annoyed.

Thank you, for saying the exact words that ran through my head as soon as I logged on this morning.

I was 8KPs from a city expansion that I desperately need to be able to build more armouries so that I can increase my army at a rate that means I will actually be able to complete the number of provinces required to open the chest BEFORE I CAN EVEN RESEARCH DWARVEN PORTAL. . .

. . . .only to find that I now I have to waste over 100KP/hours not to mention countless EXPENSIVE goods just to research two technologies that I have decided at this stage give me ZERO benefit. Especially when to use them would take up that space that I am so desperately trying to gain!!!!!!!

If there is something that has an NEGATIVE impact on my ability to play the game at the level I am now at, it should NOT be my responsibility to source that information. I am the customer, Inno is the service provider, it should have been communicated in-game.

A quick message - Updates are scheduled to occur in (insert number here) days. This will have effect on players who have reached a certain level. Please click here to go to the forum and keep up to date on what these changes might mean for you.

Done, accountability placed upon the player.

Valnad

Spellcaster
What I really meant to say is that imho any leader should share useful information with fellows .
Also: any fellow should share useful information with his/her fellows.

What we really meant to say is that in our humble opinion any game developer should share useful information with players.

Why have they stopped using the in-game mass pm option for sharing important information with the community? We got word of the new year's forum game, we got word of the armory bug (albeit quite late) and we even had a pm about the launch of the AW's. In that video, there was no mention of them being mandatory... and since they weren't up until today, I never expected them to suddenly become mandatory.

It would have been so easy to mention that the tech tree would be locked down either in the pm about the AW's when it was sent out to every player in-game, or at least make some sort of mention about it in the video where the AW's were explained in more detail.

To be honest, I can't help but feel that this is either the result of lazy management (with the blame then being redirected in retrospect to the players for not reading the particular forum thread on a completely different forum concerning another server) or it was a deliberate plan not to share this information beforehand.

Why should we be forced to read a forum in order to find important information when there are excellent in-game functions available for sharing such info with the community? Why should we even have to bother with what happens in the beta server?

I can understand your intentions are probably good, maybe even trying to be helpful, but people - and especially InnoGames - need to understand that not everyone likes forums, not to mention those who for various reasons have difficulties reading or finding the right posts or section in a forum. Not everyone will be competing for top rank either, but they might still be paying for the game and quit when they are surprised by something that they feel is taking away all the fun in the game. I know several people that have quit for this very reason, not only from this update but previous ones as well.

Seeing as how we have actually gotten updates _in game_ on a few occations before, I don't see why this is not being put to use prior to rolling out every planned update? Correcting or adjusting bugs is something that could probably be mentioned in the forum only, as most players are not as concerned about small fixes. But when they actually decide to change the rules of the game or alter how the game is supposed to be played, then I would consider it proper manners to use the same mass-pm function as they used before (and for information with less priority).

DeletedUser330

What a surprise... a whole thread, ahem, another whole thread filled with negativity toward the cock-ups Inno are making.
They won't do anything though. They're too arrogant to admit they're wrong.

As many have said already, in a couple months, they'll be sitting wondering why nobody plays Elvenar any more. It might dawn on them after a bit, but probably not... they'll be thinking "But we did everything perfectly because we're perfect. The 3 positive comments we cherry picked from the thousands of negative ones prove that we were right. So why did everyone leave?"

Killiak

Artisan

Another guy blaming the players, after a FULL THREAD on the matter. Are you for real?
It has nothing to do with interest or AGE for that matter. It has everything to do with Inno being bad at communicating actual changes to their players. No more, and certainly no less.