• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.11

Deleted User - 13667

Noticed that there is a new tab in the inventory tab. Receive buildings from events? What kind of events?

Deleted User - 13667

:rolleyes: Not Beta here, boss.

The last event involving stuff most cannot complete are also not encouraging at all. Besides, what buildings do you get to place? Another level 1 building? Does it instant built maybe?

DeletedUser

I don't paly on Beta, but I do read the forum. Here's the thread about the event.

We don't care about beta, because beta is to allow bugs and features to be tested and fixed... oh, my bad. I mean bugs discovered and feedback given, that is ignored... so yeah, why have a beta again?

+1 stupid AW that are impossible* to get, especially now orcs have borked the game. Yet another SIGH.

Eh, keep playing without paying until the server drag makes them wonder why people have stopped paying..

DeletedUser315

Well done Inno.
You really have done it this time.
If we built all these ancient wonders we couldn't build much else for the lack of space so we have to chose. I chose not to do any. Now however, I have to research them before I can carry on.
Now I find the cash I have spent has been a waste. Will not be spending any more so you can keep coming up with penalty's for long standing paying players.
Annoyed right now really doesn't do justice. I will be surprised if this doesn't lose you another bunch of players :mad::confused::(

Killiak

Artisan
I am livid! Thanks a bunch. I now have to stop everything I was doing and research all the Ancient Wonders that have been added to the game? A bunch of things I'm NOT going to build? This could be the last straw.

Exacly this. I have never posted on the forums before, didn't even have a password.

I am now specifically coming onto the forum to speak up. Inno, well done at once again managing to annoy everybody with a completely and utterly bad design decision.
I was completely happy ignoring the ancient wonders you have been adding in droves, bonusses I can't even be bothered about. And now you are FORCING everybody to research them and get crappy runes they DO NOT WANT.

Let me reiterate so you can get it through your heads; DO NOT WANT DAMMIT. DO NOT WANT.

ffs.

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
Shadowblack gave all of us an advance warning about the AW's research becoming mandatory on july 18... :

ONE post does not suddenly and magically make it all right. How many people do not read the forum or every post?
The answer is; the majority.

From my map I can tell this game already has a high player turnover. Things like this will just increase that, as annoyance increases.
The replies to the notice weren't very positive either.

DeletedUser1295

ONE post does not suddenly and magically make it all right. How many people do not read the forum or every post?
The answer is; the majority.

From my map I can tell this game already has a high player turnover. Things like this will just increase that, as annoyance increases.
The replies to the notice weren't very positive either.

Most leaders of a fellowship read the forum and will pass on relevant information to their fellows - at least that is my in-game experience and also what I expect a good leader would and should do.

Reading the forum, even occasionally e.g. once a week, really gives any player a better overview of current and possible future issues ;)

P.S. Found this post and several other posts on the subject of AW technologies becoming mandatory, but this one really hits the core on AW-research becoming mandatory:
Dear all,

The Ancient Wonders technologies (and indeed the Tournament technology) were always intended to be a core part of the research tree. There are technological reasons why they are introduced as 'dead end' researches, with no researches following directly on from them. This is so that should there be a major problem, such that the research needs to be temporarily removed from the research tree, this is a far simpler procedure if the research is a 'dead end' one that does not have any subsequent researches depending upon it, as opposed to one that does have other researches following directly from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valnad

Spellcaster
Shadowblack gave all of us an advance warning about the AW's research becoming mandatory on july 18... :

I would consider myself to be a fairly active member of the Elvenar community. I read the forums sporadically, because let's face it, there's not a lot here to read. I login in on a daily basis, probably at least 10 times a day. I participate in tournaments and events.

I even check facebook videos sometimes and other stuff being promoted... IN GAME.

This change took be by complete surprise. I'm a member of a top 10 ranked fellowship, yet no one seem to have heard of it until we got it slammed in our faces today. If the devs are going to enforce recently added tech that some of us are several chapters ahead of, then by all means, but at least have the curtousy of putting it in an in-game PM notice, event pop-up or whatever. Almost no one uses the forum, even fewer are checking the facebook page or YouTube material. The total amount of players are thinned out across a multitude of regional as well as international servers.

How on earth do they think we will respond to a change like this? We have spent more than a year trying to progress our cities and with the Orcs chapter being such a big failure and massive dissapointment, IG decides to do one thing and one thing only: enforce players to pay an excessive amount of KP to unlock tech that a) wasn't there from the beginning and b) is generally not wanted by most players due to the difficulty of getting shards for the quadrillion different AW we already have been forced to unlock and finally c) we have no space to build the tech on.

I have but one question:

Who is responsible for planning these updates and why is (s)he devoted to making as many players as possible leave the game? It is a flawed game to begin with. Annoying the few players who have decided to keep playing anyway is a rather foolish idea.

I expect to see even more people dropping this game now. Not because these stupid AW requirements were the end of the world for anyone, but because it was the final push. Players have been annoyed for some time now, with poor decisions being made about the development and progress of the game mechanics.

Killiak

Artisan
Most leaders of a fellowship read the forum and will pass on relevant information to their fellows - at least that is my in-game experience and also what I expect a good leader would and should do.

Reading the forum, even occasionally e.g. once a week, really gives any player a better overview of current and possible future issues ;)

So technically you just called my fellowship leader a bad leader for not passing on this info?
I would ask if you brought a shovel, since it seems you are intent on digging that hole deeper and deeper. I can assure you that my mood is far from a joking one at this point.

And your reply is STILL not adressing the actual issue at hand, namely that this change is incredibly bothersome, annoying and is likely to push more people out of the game. I can only assume Inno is thinking that the loss of players will be offset enough by people actually buying Runes with their diamonds.
Is it just that; a business decision? Because at some point these decisions will cause enough upheaval for a massive exodus and then it is all over and done with.