• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

version 1.105

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.105.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
I'm excited for the new AW levels!

Also, adding a back button on the mobile app is a nice addition. Thanks for that.

Paladestar

Enchanter
265K Orcs for each level 31 upgrade...

Inno are really taking the mickey with Orcs these last few chapters too. Orc requirements are getting crazy high for just about everything, yet with each new chapter Orc production per 12 hours only goes up by 100 Orcs per armoury upgrade (1,600 per 12 hours is the limit in the final chapter now).

I have 8 armouries, so can make 25,600 Orcs per day from them.

Some examples of the hyper inflation (or 'Orcflation'):
  • It requires 312K Orcs combined to upgrade the Training Grounds from level 24 to 28.
  • It requires 275K Orcs combined to upgrade the last four levels of the Barracks and the same again for the Merc. camp.
  • Ch16 Beer Festival level 4 needs 580 Orcs every 3 hours to keep them going (and you're recommended to have at least 5 of them). My second city with only 4 Armories can't keep up with these demands, it currently sits on 57 Orcs in stock (not 57K, 57).
This is getting out of hand. Glad I auto-fight tournaments, catering with Orcs gotta has really suck right now!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Do you happen to have a list? I've heard that the new levels only improve one out of the two powers.

The app shows all the changes if you login to beta, and have unlocked at least 1 wonder research. just click on "levels" in the wonder menu of the appropriate wonder.
I assume the same wil happen when the update hits this world.

I absolutely love the change tot the world map with the aditional buttons, I am always struggling when swapping between tournaments and the reseach tree. so this is a welcome change.

Pauly7

Magus
265K Orcs for each level 31 upgrade...

Inno are really taking the mickey with Orcs these last few chapters too. Orc requirements are getting crazy high for just about everything, yet with each new chapter Orc production per 12 hours only goes up by 100 Orcs per armoury upgrade (1,600 per 12 hours is the limit in the final chapter now).
I have to agree that asking for 265k Orcs to upgrade an Ancient Wonder is quite an obscene amount. In the days before the Spire I could happily be producing way more Orcs than I was using, but I have already been taking several measures to try to steady the ship, having been haemorrhaging Orcs to the Spire. I may have just about achieved balance upgrading some armouries and building several Orc Nests (which I'm not fond of doing.) To now come up with a spare 265k just to upgrade one Wonder seems fantastical.

If I'm lucky, and I continue to manage my Orc use well, I can perhaps see myself saving 10-15k of them a week. It still means that it would take me 5 or 6 months to be in the position to upgrade a Wonder.

Is this another case of designing a feature aimed at the diamond spenders?

Killiak

Artisan
Unfortunately, adding AW levels will increase the difficulty of the Spire, although nobody is sure by which amount.
Since AW's now give less benefits above level, how good is this change really?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
we are pretty sure by how much.
@MinMax Gamer has what it looks like figured out the formula except for 1 part on which he is working now.

how much depends mainly on 2 things
  • how many extra levels (the problem is not 1 level but the amount of levels you can have)
  • The lever effect (aka how big are the other 2 factors.
we ignore the 4th variable as it is only usefull for beginner city's

There are 3 variables involved (i ignore the exact formula for simplification)

mandatory research * wonderlevels * premium and regular expansions

As you can see these 3 variable are multiplied, change 1 variable and that change is multiplied by the other 2 variables
I think this formula is inherently flawed as it is easy to create a runaway scenario.

In fact on 1 of my accounts I am already in this situation, it's a chapter 4 account with many premium expansions and it's unable to manufacture enough T1 goods for the spire, even when I am running 14 maxed out manufactories.

By now I am kinda convinced that from a spire point of vieuw buying premium expansions is a stupid move in the late game.
I am still going to do it when I aquire the diamonds because I finally found a solution to my issue, and I can handle the downside (i think)

But it requires some extreme measures, the crazy part is I need a lot of tournament + another level 30(31) wonder to fix the spire lol.

Killiak

Artisan
Somehow, I am not surprised the formula to be flawed for those with considerable cities.
The tournament system for those with a lot of Squad Size upgrades is still broken, after all these years. I wonder when Inno will get around to fixing that. After all, 'our feedback is heard'

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Somehow, I am not surprised the formula to be flawed for those with considerable cities.
The tournament system for those with a lot of Squad Size upgrades is still broken, after all these years. I wonder when Inno will get around to fixing that. After all, 'our feedback is heard'

I hope they never ever fix it, the second they "fix" that I loose 800kp a week.
This was the main fear of many that when the spire came out the spire formula was next on the tournament list.

Julian

Sorcerer
I'm pleased they've fixed the bug that the FA quest showed a green arrow after you'd collected a badge. That was annoying in the last FA.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I hope they fix it in a way so that all those with too many Squad Size upgrades, like me, will be able to join you in enjoying 800kp / week.

What is too many squadsize research?
It's not that I was able to skip them all since halfway the game the rules changed and up to that time I too researched all SS researches, in fact when it was announced I got quite mad, I had just finished a skipped SS reseach hours before,

But it's never to late to start skipping them, and with each chapter skipped research from earlier chapters becomes less and less influential.
Let me explain in an extreme to get the concept.
How influential is the SS 3 research on your total SS?, for me is 0.26%, at that moment in game the influence was 50%.
The way SS are set up there size grows faster and faster and faster each and every time.
This means that the influence of recent SS upgrades are more influential than those in the past, so time and progression will fix the issue, unless you live under a rock, the message never arrived and you did them literally all in every single chapter, the your quite screwed, but then again time will fix

Just some examples for an account that reached the end of the embassies chapter.:
  • Skipped all : 3216
  • Skipped since Dragons and Wizard: 3711 (moment that the rules changed)
  • Skipped since Halflings: 3801
  • Skipped since elementals: 3924
  • Skipped since Amuni: 4050
  • Skipped since Construction: 4191
  • Skipped since: Elvenar: 4335

Players who skipped all are in general new player / veterans started over, they lack history / time in wonders and powerfull event buildings, so you SS is higher but in return you are more powerfull in other ways
also they barely exist as most beginners learn to skip in genaral somewhere around the dwarves or later.

Now lets see the influence of the last 2 SS upgrades form the embassies chapter on each of the above mentioned

• Skipped all : 2865->3216 = +11%
  • Skipped since Dragons and Wizard: 3360->3711 = +9.5%
  • Skipped since Halflings: 3450->3801 = +9.3%
  • Skipped since elementals: 3573 ->3924 = +9.1%
  • Skipped since Amuni: 3699->4050 = +8.7%
  • Skipped since Construction: 3840->4191 = +8.4%
  • Skipped since: Elvenar: 3984-> 4335 = +8.1%
So with each chapter the relative increase compared to people who skipped earlier is lower, this also lowers the relative gap between the players.

When the rules changed the relative gap between no SS and myself was 33%, currently it's 14.7% and at the end of the current chapter 13.3%

So it's never to late to start skipping SS research, since time seems to heal all wounds.

DeletedUser7529

I hope they fix it in a way so that all those with too many Squad Size upgrades, like me, will be able to join you in enjoying 800kp / week.

I'm also the one with all Squad Size upgrades, didn't know the effect they have till recently (I skipped 1 in total).
Tournaments, provinces and Spire are that much harder (and expensive to Negotiate) with every SS research and I kinda feel cheated for doing those thinking they would actually help.

Deleted User - 1759805

Tournaments, provinces and Spire are that much harder (and expensive to Negotiate) with every SS research and I kinda feel cheated for doing those thinking they would actually help.
Optional SS research has no impact on the Spire.

Deleted User - 1759805