• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.10

DeletedUser330

Lovely... I've heard an entire fellowship has folded... and I've now lot two of my players as well.

Well done Inno.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-24 - removed an impolite word ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser336

as i'm not sure entirely that Inno are getting all the info from the forums regarding this matter:

ok heres the problem, I'm archmage in my fellowship and several of my members since the introduction of orcs, have hit a brick wall, they are still in fairy research and can no longer negotiate or fight their provinces due to needing orcs, and as you know, they cannot get orcs until they have researched the orc armory, so effectively, they cannot expand their cities and gain new provinces.

I have read in the forums about this, and it seems if you have more than 222 provinces captured, then needing orcs kicks in, regardless of where you are in the research

Shouldn't it be only activated when you hit orc research?
i'm afraid that if it stays as it is then many players will just quit the game, some of my fellowship too.

The problem seems to arise if you have more than 222 provinces taken, and are still in the fairy research, one member of mine had 236 taken, and was unable to progress further on the map due to not having orcs unlocked

Also, something just occured to me, this seems to assume that people when expanding their map work in a circular fashion, do one ring, move out, do another move out, but iv'e found this is not the case for most people, if they find a good trader for goods they often ignore the rings and head straight for that person, also you said you battled in ring ten? the problem appears to happen in ring 11 and beyond.

ok, this is a story driven , economic game correct?
ok, so if you had played the game like many others had you will realise that many people in the fairy section are well beyond the 10th ring on the map, i was actually into the 12th ring by then all fully explored and taken, ok here's a list of the problems arrising from the need of orcs

1. as this game has a story arc which is meant to be progressive, if you come upon needing orcs, during the fairy section, how can this be explained in the story arc? by time travel ? they shouldn't be seen until you hit orcs themselves, regardless of where you are in the rings, yes i know orcs are only needed for negotiating, but at that level, that is what most of us do as fighting at that level is hopeless,

2.while in fairies, many people are already well past the 10th full ring of scouting and taking the province, as i said, i was in the 12th by then, and so many people have hit upon the stumbling block of the orcs for negging

3. it seems that some type of error has been made when calculating when orcs should appear, if , you add all the possible provinces needed to fully expand your city during fairies, you will see that this takes you beyond ring 10 if you DON'T use diamonds to buy the premium expansions , which many don't

4. getting enough players to fill the maps is problematic at best, and yes i know you can't please everyone, but, consider this, a map with at least half the cities dead , inactive ect, then you make orcs a necessity for ring 10 and beyond , this is forcing alot of players that i know to quit, and even more are thinking of quiting this game if something isn't done soon , or is it only the paying customers that matter?

5. i know that this is all about money in one way or another , and considering inno made 100million euro in 2015, but please i implore you, please take some notice of the community in this matter and repair this in such a way that will benefit community and inno, and help bring the ratings of the game back up too as it has fallen to 3.58 out of 5 at the moment.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-24
Reason: I removed ALL referrals to support tickets, since this is strictly forbidden in accordance with the forum rules.
After editing, I think I kept the main complaint intact, checked this with the poster ;)

DeletedUser3

I am not sure what the game creators goals are but, if it is to make the game fun and playable by all, they FAILED miserably. This is not fun! I do not fight - and there are many more like me - and the orc thing makes fighting mandatory. And, again, I find the orcs necessary for province completion onerous at best!

I seriously hope they listen. This game has such potential, and was super fun when I started...

I'm telling Inno, if they do actually look at complaints, you're on the verge of losing a cash player..

as i'm not sure entirely that Inno are getting all the info from the forums regarding this matter:

Dear all,

Thank you for your great feedback so far. Some very important points have been raised here. We realise that for many the introduction of the need to use Orcs for negotiation in the 'more distant' Provinces is causing extreme difficulties, especially for those of you who are not yet even finished the Dwarves chapter, since these are also Provinces that are difficult to fight.

Please rest assured that we have and will continue to pass your concerns on, though we cannot at this time make any promises as to what (if any) changes might be made.

DeletedUser1161

Dear all,

Thank you for your great feedback so far. Some very important points have been raised here. We realise that for many the introduction of the need to use Orcs for negotiation in the 'more distant' Provinces is causing extreme difficulties, especially for those of you who are not yet even finished the Dwarves chapter, since these are also Provinces that are difficult to fight.

Please rest assured that we have and will continue to pass your concerns on, though we cannot at this time make any promises as to what (if any) changes might be made.

Can i just ask why then in the beta forum in the next upgrade 1.11 orcs have been took out of negotiating fights

DeletedUser336

have they? the actual wording used is catering tournaments, isn't that differant?

Deleted User - 106219

Apparently needing orcs to cater for tournaments was a bug. See my post on the previous page. That doesn't mean they are suddenly going to remove the Orc requirements for normal province encounters.

DeletedUser1295

have they? the actual wording used is catering tournaments, isn't that differant?

That is indeed correct gerbilman:
  • Orcs are no longer required to cater in Tournaments in version 1.11 on beta
That is atm the only 'correction' on the mandatory use of orcs.

DeletedUser415

Y'know... when Dwarves arrived, and when Fairies arrived... I did some snooping...

The top players, maybe the top 5 or 10... they hit their credit cards and whatnot.
Within 3 hours, they had opened the chapters, completed the tech tree, built and upgraded everything, and then deleted it all as it was done with.

As far as I've found with Orcs, I am the first person to even get the Breeding Grounds and use them. And I'm ranked 50th.

Says a lot really.

Sorry Rodent,
But I've never spent any loot on techs as you proclaim. Bought some culture buildings but that's about it.
Didn't buy snails until a few weeks after I completed the tech tree, as I wasn't sure if I was going to continue, but decided to give the game one more chance.
Wasn't paying attention to Dwarves as I was climbing in ranks, but there was only 1 player who bought his way through the techs that fast in faeries was Republics (but it wasn't 3 hours).
mwall is now doing it for orcs.

Although I do agree with a few comments you made here and as a cash player I have presently cut off inno and not spending anymore loot right now. Not impressed lately.

DeletedUser330

I've got one of my players in my FS, Tinkerbell2, is a max of 5 provinces away from her city, she is in the second row in the Dwarves... and she now needs Orcs as well now too.
She can't expand and can't get KPs. Her army isn't huge either.

Come one, Inno... sort this out.

DeletedUser

What I really don't understand is why Inno have had 2 weeks of people on Beta complaining vociferously and saying why forcing people to stop gaining provinces by anything except fighting because the Orcs haven't yet have been discovered just doesn't work, and yet they roll out the exact same game upgrade to the rest of the servers... I can't believe that this one is the only one complaining either.
When I hit ring 12 I had to STOP fighting as I can't sustain the losses - 5 squads of troops completely decimated in encounter after encounter, thats 16 hours of troop building time per squad! I need another 8 provinces for the next expansion... oh yes, that's right, I could use diamonds to buy more expansions while I inch my way through to the armories.

DeletedUser

What I really don't understand is why Inno have had 2 weeks of people on Beta complaining vociferously and saying why forcing people to stop gaining provinces by anything except fighting because the Orcs haven't yet have been discovered just doesn't work, and yet they roll out the exact same game upgrade to the rest of the servers... I can't believe that this one is the only one complaining either.
When I hit ring 12 I had to STOP fighting as I can't sustain the losses - 5 squads of troops completely decimated in encounter after encounter, thats 16 hours of troop building time per squad! I need another 8 provinces for the next expansion... oh yes, that's right, I could use diamonds to buy more expansions while I inch my way through to the armories.

Exactly, they want to force people to buy expansions in order to progress and adding it at this late stage means players will have invested a lot of time/money so they figure they'll be unlikely to quit. Really for this to work, there'd have to be a limit to the expansions you can get by exploration per chapter, and realistically it's simply not something you can throw at players so late in the game as many people are now literally stuck unless they pay, and most people won't want to pay to solve a situation like this. I know I don't.

DeletedUser1925

DEVELOPERS "CREATING" "NEW STUFF" TO SLOW US DOWN...YET OLD BASIC BUGS AREN'T FIXED... FOR MONTHS...

DeletedUser565

I didn't like the look of the orcs at first, but now that I've started working through the tech and have my armorys upgraded, it isn't as bad as it seemed.
It's quite slow going, but I'm enjoying the game again, as I finished the fairies very quickly, so at least I have something to work towards :)

DeletedUser

And ofc, the more we are restricted in what we can do, the less there is to do, so the less time we will spend on the game. My current situation: can't complete encounters as no orcs, so cannot get any KP besides the hourly ones. Don't have enough supplies to produce, let alone train armies so cannot participate in tournaments. Can't build more workshops because I don't have the space. Can't tear down an armoury as I will need it in orcs, can't tear down manufactories since even if I cannot negotiate now, I will later and I also need the goods for upgrades. So, nothing to do besides harvest, cycle through quests and visit. Not really the kind of thing I want to pay to do! :p

Deleted User - 106219

When I first read about the Orcs and Goblins (and how Goblins keep Orcs under control with the help of mushrooms), my first thought was that the Orcs are drug-addicted slaves of the Goblins. The fact that we breed orcs like cattle (Armories are now called Breeding Grounds) and then trade them away to negotiate provinces only added to that impression.

But hey, slavery IS a part of history, and it is rather common in some fictional settings, so it's not that big a deal. A bit tactless, possibly even insulting for some players, but nothing more than that... or so I thought.

What I expected: The people in charge of the game would explain that they did not mean to insult anyone by implying that the orcs are slaves, and maybe change a few texts to make it clear that we not trading orcs the way we trade other goods when we negotiate (there were some suggestions made about that).

What actually happened: First we got a poor explanation why we need orcs for negotiation (see spoiler for what I mean), then we got mods editing or outright deleting posts that mention the orc slavery - a great way to annoy people and draw even more attention to the issue.

The explanation given was that the orcs are guards. That makes no sense for a few reasons:
- the most obvious one – most of us have thousands and THOUSANDS of trained troops. Why do we need Orcs instead of using our own troops (especially since there are no orc units in the game, with the exception of the orcs in Crystal and Marble provinces)?
- orcs are also needed for upgrading workshops, and there we need no orc guards. If anything, orcs (the way have been presented so far) would cause trouble with the upgrades instead of helping – unless they are obedient slave workers...
- slave warriors are a thing (roman gladiators, anyone?) so orcs being slaves and orcs being used as guards are not mutually exclusive

I'll talk about mods and their actions later, but for now let's go back to orcs. I don't like the look of most orc-style buildings, so I'll be avoiding most upgrades and do only the ones I need. Especially since some of the so-called upgrades are not really upgrades.
Example 1: Elven Residences. If you ignore the culture requirements, then level 21 is a VERY MINOR upgrade compares to level 19. However, you can't ignore the culture because everything is connected: higher-level residences -> more culture required -> more culture needed to get a culture bonus -> less use for the spell that increases your culture bonus (since it works only if you already have a bonus).
Example 2: To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade: The Question of Magical Goods. I'm definitely NOT going to upgrade my Elixir and Magical Dust manufactories – both because I don't like the new look and because it's not really worth it, unless I want to increase my score.

Then there's the whole “needing orcs to negotiate provinces beyond ring 10”. As has been said multiple times: TERRIBLE IDEA. It wouldn't be so bad if it was limited only to players that have reached the “orcs and goblins” chapter, but it's there for everyone. If you wanted to limit people's ability to negotiate you could require resources from the current guest race: Granite for Dwarves, Sunflowers for Fairies, etc. But suddenly requiring a new resource that some players won't be able to produce for months... a great way to lose players.

And that brings me to the next issue: The way mods have responded to the feedback given by the players. More than once I got the impression that – at best – no one cares about feedback (unless it's positive). Latest example: Goryn's TL;DR post in response to what Irishna wrote. I probably shouldn't be surprised - this is the same person who has double-posted on more than one occasion (such as here and here) and who got in an argument with another player (so another mod had to temporarily lock the thread and edit/delete some posts). But still: Should someone who represents Inno tell a player “your post was too long so I didn't read it”?

Yes, Goryn is just one person and not everyone is like that (Zanyah and Muffin come to mind), but the exceptions only make the other mods look worse.

At the same time, while most people are focused on the new race and the problems it brings, some bugs have been around for weeks, or even months:
- After completing a province I have to reload the page for the count to update (and to receive the province expansion, if I earned one).
- Some quests that require the player to upgrade building X to level Y do not work and we have to contact support for them. I started avoiding most such quests. The only one I still bother with is the one that actually works.
- In combat the turn table sometimes shows wrong info: instead of the current unit it shows the previous unit – which can be very confusing.
- The bug with inserting Runes in Ancient Wonders that has been reported multiple times.

Let's not mention all the cases where a bug was reported on Beta but was not fixed and was still present on live servers... And let's not even talk about the so called Magic Academy – the improvements promised are nowhere to be seen (unless you count one new spell with limited use) but it is still impossible to delete, and that is a serious problem now, with the need for more space.

My thoughts (based on my entire play time, not just the new update) can be summed up:
1) The people in charge of the game don't really care about feedback (unless it's feedback they like)
2) 1.10 and (especially) 1.11 are above all cash grabs: First negotiation is limited by requiring orcs, then premium expansions get increased from 21 to 33 (50% increase). So if we want more expansions we have a choice: Spend Diamonds on negotiation, or spend Diamonds on Premium Expansions. What a “great” choice! How thoughtful of the game's developers! /sarcasm mode
3) The people in charge of the game are more concerned with new content (and thus new ways for players to spend Diamonds) than with fixing what is already there. I can't think of another reason why bugs that are months old are STILL not fixed...

Let's see which parts of my post will get deleted...

P.S.: Orc Dung? Really? Of all the possible resources you guys picked Orc DUNG? I don't want to even think what orcs do with such a “resource”...