• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.10

DeletedUser

I seriously hope they listen. This game has such potential, and was super fun when I started... sadly though, it just seems to be run by button monkeys and yes-men who live half-way down the ladder.
I doubt they will listen, after all beta has already been complaining about all this for 2 weeks now and yet we get exactly the same update rolled out to us.

At what point will anything be done? Perhaps when the player base is so small that all those who spent money have left, and by then it will too late to tempt them back no matter what the devs do.

DeletedUser1295

Failing that it's the Mods on the forums who don't actually pass on the numerous complaints from the players.
Actually moderators do pass on complaints/feedback, but as in any company there is a path on how this is done:
Moderators and even Community Managers have no direct communciation with the developers.
The process for forwarding feedback to InnoGames, e.g. the development team is:
• The players provide feedback either via the forum or via a support ticket;
• The moderators forward the feedback to the Community Manager(s);
• The Community Manager(s) forward the feedback to the appropriate InnoGames channels;
• The InnoGames channels forward the feedback to the appropriate InnoGames departments/employees, depending on the kind of feedback, e.g. some will go to the game programmers, other feedback may go to graphical department, etc.

However, every now and then players will have the opportunity to communicate directly with the developers via special Q&A sessions.

I hope the above clarifies the process for handling feedback!

P.S. All moderators are volunteers ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser330

Well, given the fact that you guys do pass on the info, and the fact that every single one of the Beta players has complained, yet theses changes have still been put forward on the main servers... smacks of Inno not caring about the players and just prefer to plastic smile their way through the updates.

As Archmage of the #6 Fellowship in Arendyll, I've sent this to my Fellowship:

Well... I'm completely at a loss with the powers-that-be after this recent update, and the replies I've gotten on the forum, combined with the recent happenings as to how Inno are treating the players and dealing with complaints... so, I'm giving Inno 2 more weeks.

If improvements aren't made within the next 2 weeks, I'll be binning my city and leaving the game. I'll appoint a new Archmage before I leave though, I won't disband the Fellowship...

I'd rather give you guys a heads-up beforehand rather than just quit.

So that's it really... if they don't fix this, I'll be gone. A year of building both a city and a Fellowship has come down to Innogames and their awful system driving me to actually *want* to leave.

It's been awesome being with you guys and building the Fellowship with you all, and I hope they do fix this, but if things don't change, then I can't carry on playing a game that makes me and my fellow players feel like unappreciated second rate cash-cows.
Disheartened is not the word right now.

I'll be forwarding this message to the forum as well, in the vain hope that the Mods pass it on to the managers.

Edited: Zanyah -2016-0722 - merged 2 consecutive posts.

DeletedUser

having people who are still as far back as Dwarves, needing Orcs to negotiate
Which is to say that you have people who have acquired FAR MORE provinces than the 160 that they need to open the Chapter VIII chest.
The programmers obviously do not play the game,
Of course they play the game. But they ALSO have a LOT more information about Key Progress Indicators, and access to the optimization spreadsheets and implementation schedule.
the orc thing makes fighting mandatory
Quite the contrary, actually. The Orcs are required for negotiation in Ring 11 and beyond. There are 222 Provincial Sectors where you can Negotiate or Fight with nary an Orc in sight.

I'd agree, however, that having some Armories WILL make it more tempting to train other types of units and then use them to win a few battles, rather than negotiating all of the time.

DeletedUser1775

Lets see,...

- you are forced to build armories. If you are not a fighter and dont have one, sucks for you, demolished your cherised factories to make up room for more population OR BUY SNAILS

- you are forced to fight to clear provinces so if you are not a fighter you are forced to level up your barrack (cos at ring 11 there is no way you can muster fast enough army to fight 1000+ army on level 1 barrack), again more population also needed, means? You guessed it, more demolishing OR BUY SNAILS

- elves residences are upgraded with a totally different building orientation, from 2x4 to 4x3. And for a really great big total increase of just over 2 population per square block (and this is from 19-21, dont even get me started on how pop per square actually went minus from 19-20), and to make it even worse, different orientation means completely different road direction, changing them would be a complete pain in the arse. With the so very little space left from the expansion, this would be so hard to do unless... You go and BUY SNAILS.

I get it. You dont REALLY have to fight, but you just cant clear provinces, you dont REALLY have to upgrade, but you wont be able to play new feature, you dont have to buy snails but you will have a really painful and shitty time.

One thing is clear after this update, Inno hates non fighter, and they dont care whether we quit or not, i have spent some serious $$ on this game and i even planned on buying a couple snail when i get on it, just cos ithought it was necessary to keep my current level of factories and support the devs, but after this update, for the first time ever i am seriously contemplating to quit.

PS: And dont even get me started on next update which forces us to research all AW, you all know what this means right? More AW means harder to complete the runes, which in turn, means, more people will loose patience and buy them using diamond. I acutally bought my Mountain hall using diamond and i dont mind, but i really think its a shitty move to force me to.

DeletedUser1161

Lets see,...

- you are forced to build armories. If you are not a fighter and dont have one, sucks for you, demolished your cherised factories to make up room for more population OR BUY SNAILS

- you are forced to fight to clear provinces so if you are not a fighter you are forced to level up your barrack (cos at ring 11 there is no way you can muster fast enough army to fight 1000+ army on level 1 barrack), again more population also needed, means? You guessed it, more demolishing OR BUY SNAILS

- elves residences are upgraded with a totally different building orientation, from 2x4 to 4x3. And for a really great big increase total increase of just over 2 population per square block (and this is from 19-21, dont even get me started on how pop per square actually went minus from 19-20), and to make it even worse, different orientation means different completely different road direction, changing them would be a complete pain in the arse. With the so very little space left from the expansion, this would be so hard to do unless... You go and BUY SNAILS.

I get it. You dont REALLY to fight, but you just cant clear provinces, you dont REALLY have to upgrade, but you wont be able to play new feature, you dont have to buy snails but you will have a really painful and shitty time.

One thing is clear after this update, Inno hates non fighter, and they dont care whether we quit or not, i have spent some serious $$ on this game and i even planned on buying a couple snail when i get on it, just cos ithought it was necessary to keep my current level of factories and support the devs, but after this update, for the first time ever i am seriously contemplating to quit.

PS: And dont even get me started on next update which forces us to research all AW, you all know what this means right? More AW means harder to complete the runes, which in turn, means, more people will loose patience and buy them using diamond. I acutally bought my Mountain hall using diamond and i dont mind, but i really think its a shitty move to force me to.
Couldn't of said that better myself what a mess they have made of this game a lot of long standing players will leave

DeletedUser330

I've just had news that players are already quitting. At least 2 of them within the top 150.

Edit: Make that at least 4 from the top 150 have gone now, and they were all huge cash players.

Deleted User - 13667

Lots of frustrations here.

For the tournaments, you get between 2-4 KP & relics at the 1st star, 4-6 KP & relics at the 2nd with 3rd & 4th giving only 1 rune. It is largely dependent if you finish 1st in the tournament in that province that week. You do not have to send in full force to fight for them, only small groups per unit. But yes, it is not that easy since there are units who seem to do very well at small numbers over others. Plus the AI units could well be upgraded to blessed paladins which is nearly impossible to kill if you deploy only sword acrobats or barbarians against it.

Enhancing the rewards would mean the end-gamers continue to lead with an extra edge, making the tournament another failure, which is still the case right now with lower returns.

The critical issue would be to actually have something to dump KP at that everyone is satisfied with and willing to contribute to. The AW is pretty much a goner.

Maybe they will intro a Holy grail sort of building exclusive to fellowships that would force most to get into fellowships. Throw in a few fellowship exclusive effects like better trades, stronger units (not so useful with the new AW having this only for light units. For now), better yield, better culture.

A little something but not that big of a deal would reduce the tensions and powerlessness felt by players

DeletedUser1033

Hi all,

Maybe it is just me, but I'm a happy player and also just started in the Orcs and Goblins chapter. Everything is going fine here. Maxing out with coins and supplies multiple times a day, have multiple tons of goods (tier 1 booster goods almost 1,000k and everything else, also non booster goods, is at a average of about 500k) as well on Arendyll as on Winyandor. Did my booster tournies again today (Silk @ Arendyll & Winyandor) with fighting and cater and -at this moment of writing- 2nd place at Arendyll and 3rd place at Winyandor.

Since I obviously knew that the new chapter had to be starting soon I have take account of the space. Now I have room for the Mushroom Farms and Orc Rally Points and can shuffling around because of the different shape of the residences. So no problems here. Just some strategic thinking ahead ;-)

Because I'm in ring 12 in both of the world maps (Arendyll & Winyandor) I have to use Orcs to negotiate (you will get that from ring 10 and above). So I'll waiting to be ready to be able to make the Orcs and just keep scouting the provinces.

To make those Orcs you have to research it in the tree (Armory Breeding Grounds), but because I'm not in a hurry, I first do other stuff in the tree.
First I did of course the Advanced Scouts. Then I did the Swamp Trail. Now I'm researching Orcs Style Residences. When I'm done with that I'm (ofcourse) going to upgrade my residences. While I'm doing that I will researche the Orcs Portal, after that the Armory "breeding grounds" to make the Orcs. And when I have those Orcs I can use them for the provinces and upgrading stuff.

So this is my way to play this new chapter, just take it easy and be a happy builder. It will take another 3 or 4 months for the new chapter, so time enough to figure this Orcs and Goblins chapter out ;-)

Elijah Kane

DeletedUser

Hi all,

Maybe it is just me, but I'm a happy player and also just started in the Orcs and Goblins chapter. Everything is going fine here. Maxing out with coins and supplies multiple times a day, have multiple tons of goods (tier 1 booster goods almost 1,000k and everything else, also non booster goods, is at a average of about 500k) as well on Arendyll as on Winyandor. Did my booster tournies again today (Silk @ Arendyll & Winyandor) with fighting and cater and -at this moment of writing- 2nd place at Arendyll and 3rd place at Winyandor.

So this is my way to play this new chapter, just take it easy and be a happy builder. It will take another 3 or 4 months for the new chapter, so time enough to figure this Orcs and Goblins chapter out ;-)

Elijah Kane

How do you think you would have reacted if you were NOT an end game player? Perhaps Inno aimed this at you specifically and/or the "cash cows"?
If this is the case it seems pretty clear that they will not get others through the middle of the game (who pay) as they are catering for you. Good for you though! :D

Thezza

Spellcaster
Right, I am half way through Dwarves. I have just gone back to a part completed province to finish it off and guess what.....suddenly I need loads of Orcs to negotiate , on top of the original goods...I cant make Orcs..therefore I cant negotiate if that's what I want to do!!!!! Why have you done this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

Which is to say that you have people who have acquired FAR MORE provinces than the 160 that they need to open the Chapter VIII chest.

So, after introducing the chests forcing people to have completed a certain number of provinces to advance, they have now restricted the number of provinces people should have completed to advance. Yet then they should also be impossible to complete by fighting. Why not simply assign a fixed number of provinces people are to complete in order to advance since that's what it ultimately amounts to anyway? If that's the way the game wants to go, fine, but it's massively unbalanced in favour of people who completed fairies and had weeks to build AW without needing the research for the lower ones and to acquire expansions needed for orcs without needing orcs to negotiate.

The point in this is really obviously to force people to build and upgrade the military aspect of the game irrespective of whether they want to fight and also to force people to pay for expansions. I've always been fighting partially in my human city with only 1 armory. Now people who do not fight at all will need 2 armories simply so they can negotiate, and most likely they'll have to ditch manufactories making it harder to get resources required to negotiate. Up until now people could just choose not to bother upgrading barracks and building armouries if they chose not to. I think it's simply bad game design to keep whacking the game in different more restrictive directions with updates, or at the very least implies the game should still be in BETA since the devs seem confused as to what they actually want the game to be. It's certainly moving further and further away from the "play how you want to" concept and becoming more of a straight jacket with every update. Every recent update seems to have had the sole intent to restrict freedom of gameplay in such a way as to force people to regularly buy diamonds or to quit.

DeletedUser1775

I hope this will not lead to an eventual end of trading route of the game. Seems like Inno is waging a war against traders

I fear that this orc requirement is but a start. This is equivalent to cutting off the legs off traders, you simply can't grow unless you fight. If you are still in fairy or dwarven then its sucks for you.

As a trader, i personally just entered ring 11 today (past 222 provinces last night, what are the odds ay?), as i mentioned earlier i got no armory and very low level barrack so my advance as officially been halted i will keep scouting till the moment i run out of space to scout, hopefully by then i will be able to produce orcs, but before that i would need to build armories cos i got none, and before that i will need to find the population for them, and before that i will need to create the space since 4 expansions are all i will be getting since i cant clear provinces no more, but before that i will need to clear fairy era.

Meanwhile, fighter type players are just breezing pass the game... The game just feel so much more balanced now, don't you think?

DeletedUser1033

How do you think you would have reacted if you were NOT an end game player?

Yep, true. It was also a big suprise for me and NOT a cool one ;)
Right after the new chapter came in, a province was ready and could not encouter it because now I needed those orcs. Didn't like that lol.

I have to admit that I spend some real money in the game, but only for 1 extra builder and some expansions. Not spending money for culture or upgrading stuff. So also have to do it with the lines of the game itself.

Eli

DeletedUser

*official Inno type response*
You don't NEED to do those provinces, you can also fight them (see dutch forums for methods)

*my response*
Yeah, they didn't listen yet again to their customers. Put in a bad rating, visit their FB page and complain, it is the only way they will learn..

Thezza

Spellcaster
but I do NEED to do them because I cannot progress from one section to another without completing a certain number of provinces. Are they just idiots???

DeletedUser

but I do NEED to do them because I cannot progress from one section to another without completing a certain number of provinces. Are they just idiots???

Well, without being offensive to them.... yes.

Although (I can't confirm, I am not that far) it has been said that to get to the orc chapter, that is to open the chapter chests, you can do so without getting to "ring 10" and getting that far is optional.

Thezza

Spellcaster
ok, if I can scout and complete enough provinces that dont need Orcs thats fine, but I have been heading towards elixir provinces to boost production, and people on my trader who put the trades I want on but are 150% till 'discovered'. This has now taken both those plans out...frustrating!!

DeletedUser

but I do NEED to do them because I cannot progress from one section to another without completing a certain number of provinces.
  • You need 160 Provinces to open the Chapter VIII chest.
  • You can acquire 222 Provinces (10 Rings) with nary an Orc in sight.
  • You therefor have a margin of 62 provinces. That's quite a lot of slack.