• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.0

DeletedUser3

Dear Elves and Humans,

If you're wanting to discuss the update to 1.0, this is the place to do just that! As always, we look forward to your feedback :)

DeletedUser227

This update is boring, but it means we're one step closer to the fairies so I'm still hyped!

DeletedUser

Revised post - turning my rant into something a bit more constructive. :p
  • A storyline quest in Chapter I requiring you to have 150% culture bonus have been turned into declinable, non-repeatable quests as they could sometimes get people stuck
How to achieve a 150% culture bonus: build more culture buildings and/or gain more Neighbourly Help. You may delete any excess culture buildings whenever you feel the need.

The storyline quest in chapter I requiring you to have a barracks continues to exist. You may not delete the barracks once having built them.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the definition of the word “stuck” as used here is: “unable to continue”. That is incorrect as you cannot get “stuck” on a quest to achieve a 150% culture bonus – you might just need a bit of luck (regarding NH) or temporarily construct more culture buildings.

Refusing to build a permanent barracks is the definition of getting stuck in the storyline in this game. Perhaps the positive side to this is that the devs are willing to make mandatory quests declinable and there is yet hope (constructing) the barracks will become optional in this game at some point...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Upgrading the Magic Academy sounds nice, but at this early stage of the game I'd much rather have the option to sell or delete it :( It takes up a HUGE amount of space for something I don't use right now. I'd like to be able to sell/delete it for now and build it again later when I actually have a need for it.

DeletedUser1316

is there any update for "Faulty Notification"?:rolleyes:

*clears throat* I will get one for you. ;) Give me a day or so though, if I don't have it by then, please do poke me. :p

Upgrading the Magic Academy sounds nice, but at this early stage of the game I'd much rather have the option to sell or delete it :( It takes up a HUGE amount of space for something I don't use right now. I'd like to be able to sell/delete it for now and build it again later when I actually have a need for it.

Hi Marrra -

Thank you for your feedback! :)

I was going to draw your attention to the magic academy deletion idea but it looks like you've already seen it. What a trooper! Great work! ;)

firerock

Enchanter
I know this was something stated in 0.35, "Academy building does not cost relics anymore", mine still does.
It still shows every spell costs relics.
Quite honestly I will never spend a finite resource on something that is not permanent.
So the spells are somewhat useless for me.

I would have preferred they cost like 1KP and some coins and tools, replensihable goods.

Having something that converts non boosted relics to boosted relics would be fab.
So like to start with 1 for 1 then 2 for 1 then 4 for 1 etc.

DeletedUser780

Just to say .....
Thank you for fixing the notification bug! :)
I like the animation for trades in the notification window - brightens it up a bit.
Slightly off topic - it is encouraging to see so many spells being used on my neighbourly trips :).

Lastly - thanks for the freebies :D my fellowship is appreciative of those!

Deleted User - 106219

A couple of questions:
- Is opening the Chests mandatory?
- Can I start adding Knowledge Points to the next Advanced Scouts technology even before I meet the requirements for opening the chest?

DeletedUser1316

A couple of questions:
- Is opening the Chests mandatory?
- Can I start adding Knowledge Points to the next Advanced Scouts technology even before I meet the requirements for opening the chest?

Hi shadowblack -

Opening the chests are mandatory once you reach them. Not opening the chest will not allow you to add knowledge points to the advanced scouts technology nor unlock the preceding technologies. The chests act as a "check point" to the next chapter. In other words, you will need to pass the check point to enter. ;)

Deleted User - 106219

Well... !

I had chosen an intentionally slow strategy in Arendyll, so I had completed just 19 provinces when the chests were introduced. At the same time, however, I had just ONE techonology left in Chapter II, and that is City Expansion 5 (I don't have enough crystals for it). I need 30 provinces to open the chest, and I'm currently up to 23. That means 7 more provinces, which in turn means I am forced to do nothing for at least another day, likely longer, and miss out on a number of Knowledge Points (because I won't be getting any KP per hours once I reach 10 KP, and I can't contribute to other people's Ancient Wonders). As an added "bonus" players are now required to complete 50 provinces to reach chapter 4, meaning that all players are forced to miss 50 runes no matter what. Brilliant move, guys, simply brilliant! [/sarcasm]

If I was a new player and was playing only in Arendyll, this sort of road bump would have been enough to make me drop the game.

DeletedUser219

@firerock I read that as meaning that BUILDING the Academy no longer costs relics, although the spells themselves do. This is good as the building required boosted relics, while the spells only use non-boosted.

I have to say that the fix of the notifications is probably the best undocumented feature of this update. :cool:

DeletedUser1410

I just wanted to say I like the updates: for Magic Academy and the spells :)

DeletedUser

Considering one of my most active and progressed neighbours quit the game after the update, whilst having changed their city title to "absurd" and deleting all of their buildings, I can only conclude that they likely left due to the mandatory number of provinces one must complete prior to unlocking the next chapter. That is indeed a rather absurd feature to implement at the current time in my opinion.

Encouraging players to explore the map further is a great idea. The current benefits include:
  • the removal of trader fees
  • provincial expansions
  • boosted relics for boosts in goods production
  • rune shards for ancient wonders
  • non-boosted relics to create spells
Plus the entire reason we have a battle system - as encounters are the only place you can make use of it.

That said, up until now players could choose how rapidly they wanted to explore the map and gain any of the rewards listed above. Perhaps there are some strategists out there who prefer to explore the map at a slower pace so they can get rune shards for cheaper later on in the game (patience can pay out). Alternatively there might be some who wish to battle every encounter manually, taking the necessary time to do so and the last thing they need is a road block in the tech tree demanding they start cracking a whip behind their troops in the field.

There is a good reason for the devs to get players to complete more provinces: the new feature we've seen previewed back in December regarding some kind of provincial/neighbourhood tournament. As we know basically nothing about it, how it works or even whether it's going to be a permanent feature or just a temporary event (though I'd strongly assume the former), it would have been much better for the devs to give the community a heads up on the matter prior to forcing a certain style of game play.

On the other hand... Forcing us to play in a specific way is nothing new to this game. Unfortunately.

Deleted User - 106219

That said, up until now players could choose how rapidly they wanted to explore the map and gain any of the rewards listed above. Perhaps there are some strategists out there who prefer to explore the map at a slower pace so they can get rune shards for cheaper later on in the game (patience can pay out). Alternatively there might be some who wish to battle every encounter manually, taking the necessary time to do so and the last thing they need is a road block in the tech tree demanding they start cracking a whip behind their troops in the field.
The bolded part was precisely my reason for taking it slow in Arendyll. And it was working just fine... at least until this latest update ruined it by forcing me to complete provinces I didn't want to complete just to be able to continue playing the game. :(

DeletedUser

and miss out on a number of Knowledge Points (because I won't be getting any KP per hours once I reach 10 KP
Welcome to the End Game.

Had you reached the end of Chapter IV, there would be nothing, whatever,
that prevented you from contributing to your favorite Ancient Wonders.

As you're only at the end of Chapter II the scouting times are only a very few hours
and it may well be that you've already scouted plenty of sectors
and need only to acquire them.

In any case you'll lose maybe 24 KPs at the most.
Just be grateful that you're not in the middle of discovering your Chapter IV
Advanced Scouting technology, which is gated by 50 sectors.

I know. In my Beta city I tossed off FIVE provincial expansions yesterday (30 sectors)
and I'll need to do a couple more today. My scouting times are 6 hours apiece.

I knew about the gating, but I had assumed that provincial tournaments would be
released before we got the Fairies.

so they can get rune shards for cheaper later on in the game
Which, to me, seems like a pretty good reason for adding the gating. In particular, scouting soaks up a lot of Coins that might otherwise be used to buy non-boosted goods, rather than producing and trading boosted goods. To the point, a "go slow" strategy is just as poisonous to game balance as the declinable quests exploit was, even though I happen to be on the wrong side of the fence this time.

Over at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ming-about-tournaments.1728/page-3#post-12088 I'm chasing the progression of Scouting costs, and it's a strange world. I'll be very surprised, and disappointed, if the Scouting Costs/Times and the related Acquisition Negotiation Costs / Defensive Army Sizes are all sensible and bug free.

Snake30Chart.png

It appears to me that the developers are (wisely) preventing us from cheating their system by using snake patterns to get into the outer rings at a hundredth of the cost that they intended. It's apparent that the scouting costs converge once you've scouted the "appropriate" number of sectors. The unrestrained scouting sequences invited abuse.

DeletedUser1316

Thank you for your feedback, Revealer! :)

I will be merging this thread with our current update discussion so everything will be centralized. :)

DeletedUser

I knew about the gating, but I had assumed that provincial tournaments would be released before we got the Fairies.
That's precisely what I assumed as well, and the reason I disagree with the timing of this feature. If the devs were to clarify why they decided to implement restrictions (prior to their release!), there would be a greater chance for the community to understand.

Which, to me, seems like a pretty good reason for adding the gating. In particular, scouting soaks up a lot of Coins that might otherwise be used to buy non-boosted goods, rather than producing and trading boosted goods. To the point, a "go slow" strategy is just as poisonous to game balance as the declinable quests exploit was, even though I happen to be on the wrong side of the fence this time.
I won't dispute that it does create balancing issues within the game, just like my refusal to build the barracks does (as I have nearly an entire expansion worth of free space). Such is the case with any game that allows for players to choose their own strategy on how to play. Restrictions such as these can be a good thing, but also require an explanation or obvious reason as to why they are necessary. Simply throwing them into the fray out of the blue is asking for people to get upset and question why on earth the devs have done this.

It's starting to get repetitive. But I will continue to say it: Communication is key!

To the devs:

Let the community know why certain decisions have been made. In this case it would suffice to just mention: We have a new feature coming up where it will be of a significant advantage to have completed many provinces. To encourage and get all of our players of similar progression to a certain stage in terms of scouting, completing provinces is now going to become a requirement.

Alternatively you could also just state: Completing more provinces will benefit you greatly in the near future. We wanted to make sure everyone can benefit from it on a similar level. Additionally, we also see the need to fix some balancing issues regarding the number of completed of provinces prior to implementing the next chapter.

There are likely far better ways to express your reasoning, but we have yet to see one.

DeletedUser

At first I thought the chests were a bonus for completing sections of research and even though I have no plans to build a magic academy I thought putting spells in them was a great idea and a way for people to see how they work etc.

I have just reached the ascending magic research group and to my dismay I am now blocked from continuing the game because my province goal is only 20/30. I like all aspects of the game but I like to complete provinces as and when I need them, I don't want to be forced into doing them and that is what this new update does. Forcing me to complete 10 full provinces before I can continue is a real game breaker, especially as I know I am going to have exactly the same problem when I reach each subsequent sets of researches.

Considering the negative reactions to this change are there any plans to remove or modify it?

DeletedUser1614

scouting cost is ridiculous for me right now. I in the middle of dwarves reaserach tree but is not my point here. I want scout 1 province to trade with my old fellowship member but I havent reserach dwarves main hall yet so its mean I cant scout this province because cost is 4.5k coins.When my capacity is 4.4k Alright I could wait to do it after upgrade main hall to dwarves technology when it gives me 5k capacity. The problem is when Im scouting new provinces which need for example 1.2k coins only the province with 4.5k grow up to 4.7k coins. So before I reach main hall upgrade Im thinking scout for that province will increase above 5k. So I need research fairy main hall after cost grow and grow.

Resolution I see here: If any province need for example 1.5k coins to scout this costs should stay on this lvl not increase because you have scouted other provinces .