• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Various ideas

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1473901
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1473901

Hello all!
I've been collecting some thoughts about game changes for a while now. I'll try to list them as comprehensively as possible.

New features:

Turn Rune Shards into (wonder-specific) Ancient Knowledge points
Rune Shards of various wonders start piling up at totally different degrees. While you have too many of the early wonders, you'll generally be lacking for the ones of the newer wonders. At the same time, some wonders won't get built or upgraded at all, because their effects are just considered too weak to spend your valuable Ancient Knowledge points on.
So what if those extra Rune Shards could be turned into wonder-specific Ancient Knowledge points?

This could be done e.g. through occasional options in the Magic Academy. The results would be a new type of spell instant: wonder-specific Ancient Knowledge points!
As an additional kicker, the efficiency rates (how many shards per AK point) could be determined by how popular the specific offer is with players overall. So really unpopular ones would increasingly offer better going rates.

Start working on rune circles earlier
I don't know about you, but I personally like to finish my rune circles as soon as possible, so I can use the "free" (no KP) wonder upgrade earlier. This, however, results in a hasty and inefficient use of rune shards and especially broken shards.
So maybe, instead of only being able to work on rune circles at the same level we can upgrade the wonder, we could start them earlier? Maybe 2 levels before the upgrade (i.e. level 8 for the level 10->11 upgrade, etc.)? More time to plan ahead and optimally use shards, with less waste.

Allow giving Neighborly Help to several players at once
Giving Neighborly Help to an increasing number of players can be quite tedious. Then again, we don't want to encourage people getting sloppy with NH by just dumping it on the Main Hall all the time.
So how about the following compromise: Create a button that will let you give summarized Neighborly Help to all players that
a) haven't given you help in a certain amount of time (e.g. 23h, coinciding with not giving the additional supplies reward); and
b) aren't in your own fellowship
This way, only the less important visits would get automated. Fellows and players who help you back would still need to be visited personally.

The type of help given would probably have to fixed at Main Hall donations. All the other ones could cause too many issues. Incidentally, this would be an incentive to fix the disparity of being able to give donations to Main Halls under construction on mobile apps, but (for some reason) not on the regular browser version (which would be really nice !!).

Make (extra) Ranking Points relevant for something
While getting extra score from tournaments and wonders (esp. Thrones of the High Men) looks juicy, it's not really relevant to people who have an efficient economy in mind (and I think that's almost all of the players). So, maybe, make those extra ranking points count for something? Culture efficiency perhaps? Extra coins? I dunno... something. Oh, hey! How about scouting times? Anyway...

Introduce Time Instants that reduce times by fractions, not absolute numbers
You know, instead of shortening times by 20h, 14h, 8h, etc., how about by 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, ...
The longer your waiting times get, the more interesting this should be!

More efficient use of expiring buildings when you're not around
Stop the death clock on expiring buildings when they are disconnected and/or finished with a production.
This would make it so much more comfortable when you want to leave the game be for a week or so, without checking in all the time for fea... concern of losing valuable lifetime of certain buildings.

(EDIT)
Avoid switching to world map when viewing cities
The load times can be pretty annoying, especially if you actually do visit every city for Neighborly Help. Idea: Add "GoTo" buttons to the city view to directly visit the neighboring cities in all 6 basic directions. This could be optional in the settings menu, as some players might consider 6 additional icons somewhat annoying.

Add some juicy special ability to Ancient Wonders if you upgrade them all the way to level 30
:)

Minor tweaks:

Give choice in using the builder's 10% build time bonus

A simple check mark somewhere either in the build/upgrade menu or the builder itself, to turn on/off the bonus for the immediate next upgrade.

Convert RRSs into Blueprints as well
Converting Blueprints to RRSs is nice, but without the opposite option, some players will just NEVER get a chance to upgrade those Magic Workshops / Residences without spending diamonds.
Or, better yet, give both RRSs and Blueprints away a little more generously. ;) Or both options!

Make finding the (damn) Builders Hut easier!
Highlight option for Builders Hut on other players' maps. Or a seperate icon to indicate if Builder Hut boost is an option for Neighborly Help, and to give it right away without having to find the damn thing!

On that note...
A seperate field to enter your Neighborly Help preferences
you know, instead of still using your city name to do that. It's 2020, for Elvenar's sake!

Have the KP timer remember the time when stopped
Simply remember the remaining time until the next KP when for any reason the KP bar is full. It's not really hard, it's not really abusive, is it? So pretty please! I hate always wondering about holding back with buying chests, finishing tournament provinces, anything that might cap my KP bar!

Overlap settings (log out) menu over chat
...not the other way around. This is essentially just a bug fix, isn't it?

Okay, that's all I got for now. Thanks for reading (and not flaming)! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan

This could be done e.g. through occasional options in the Magic Academy. The results would be a new type of spell instant: wonder-specific Ancient Knowledge points!

In a way you can already turn rune shards into kps by crafting recipes that need shards. Not sure how having kps specific to a wonder would be beneficial especially since people donate a lot of kps to other people's wonders in swaps and they can't really plan which wonder they will be helping next.
But the part of this that I really don't agree is that it is done through crafting. There are more than 20 AWs now (26?) imagine adding that many recipes. We would have even less chance to get the ones most of us are after like pet food or military buildings or time boosters...

The NH problem on browser should be solved with the next update as it will give the same system the app has to all payers. I think it's fast enough plus it allows you to choose who gets which kind of help depending on their preferences. Some players like MH, especially the ones in lower chapters.

A simple check mark somewhere either in the build/upgrade menu oder the builder itself, to turn on/off the bonus for the im

I like this a lot. In fact I have made a thread here with the same suggestiom a few months ago. I think pretty much everyome would welcome this option. Ofc we got no feedback whether it was taken into consideration by the devs or not.

Timneh

Artisan

Not in favour of this idea. I know that some people (myself included at times) have actually tried to hide the Builders hut on purpose to stop people from giving help to it. When help is wanted on it the players can put it in a place where it is easy to see. Just my opinion.

Absolutely love this idea.

Deleted User - 1473901

In a way you can already turn rune shards into kps by crafting recipes that need shards.

I think this is a misunderstanding. You can turn Broken Shards into things, not Rune Shards.

Not sure how having kps specific to a wonder would be beneficial especially since people donate a lot of kps to other people's wonders in swaps and they can't really plan which wonder they will be helping next.

Well, you can plan ahead by which swap / wonder thread request you're going to take.
But the real point is that players simply avoid upgrading, or even building certain wonders. By using instants specific to those wonders (generated from resources that would otherwise go to waste anyway), this could be counteracted - which, I imagine, would be in the interest of the developers. I don't think they ever planned for certain wonders being so weak as to be shunned completely by players.

But the part of this that I really don't agree is that it is done through crafting. There are more than 20 AWs now (26?) imagine adding that many recipes. We would have even less chance to get the ones most of us are after like pet food or military buildings or time boosters...

Really not relevant at all. Add it to the rare entries, and people will barely notice. Just make the volume relevant enough to not have to wait forever to get all your shards processed...
Also another simple workaround: Only have them show up in a specific player's Academy at all if that player has 50/100/200 of that wonder's shards.

The NH problem on browser should be solved with the next update as it will give the same system the app has to all payers. I think it's fast enough plus it allows you to choose who gets which kind of help depending on their preferences. Some players like MH, especially the ones in lower chapters.

Well, I don't use the mobile app, so I don't know what exactly that means or how much it will actually solve. I guess we'll see.

Timneh

Artisan
Well, I don't use the mobile app, so I don't know what exactly that means or how much it will actually solve. I guess we'll see.

The app version of NH is so much faster and better. If you go into your notifications to return NH all you need to do is click on the players name and it will open a popup window, in that window there will be an icon for main hall another one for builders hut and one for the highest available culture building in the players city, all you need to do is click on which one you want to help and it is done. On the world map you just click on the city and it is the same thing. I can literally do NH for my whole FS in under 30 seconds on the app version.
I think i recall someone saying that the new browser version will not work on the world map but i don't know for sure. As said the new system should be released in the next update so we will find out then.

DeletedUser9340

I think this is a misunderstanding. You can turn Broken Shards into things, not Rune Shards.
Agree with you.He/She(is she a he or is he a she @Hekata ) confused Rune Shards with Broken Shards.
Highlight option for Builders Hut on other players' maps. Or a seperate icon to indicate if Builder Hut boost is an option for Neighborly Help, and to give it right away without having to find the damn thing!
xD I damn agree with you.But I hide my BH(a small price to pay for salvation) so that the players agree (for Elvenar's sake) to NH my Weeping Willow.
A simple check mark somewhere either in the build/upgrade menu or the builder itself, to turn on/off the bonus for the immediate next upgrade.
Ok,I have to be honest.This idea is the most fantastic idea.I mean,how did I miss that in my message tab a month ago in ideas and suggestions.
This idea I 200% agree with you.My Golden Abyss is at Level 11 and I have 77 Rune Shards with it.But I would also like if there was a converter for Rune Shards but as we all know,it's way too valuable.
Add some juicy special ability to Ancient Wonders if you upgrade them all the way to level 30
That would be nice because it is a Fantasy City Builder Game (Silmaril,Muf-Muf,Mykan I mean no offense) but it would be then like most of the MMORPG games e.g. SuperMechs
Converting Blueprints to RRSs is nice, but without the opposite option, some players will just NEVER get a chance to upgrade those Magic Workshops / Residences without spending diamonds.
Or, better yet, give both RRSs and Blueprints away a little more generously. ;) Or both options!
Well,it's too precious to even be considered.This would allow newbies or the people on the lower chapters to pass thousands of players in ranking :rolleyes::confused:
The load times can be pretty annoying, especially if you actually do visit every city for Neighborly Help. Idea: Add "GoTo" buttons to the city view to directly visit the neighboring cities in all 6 basic directions. This could be optional in the settings menu, as some players might consider 6 additional icons somewhat annoying.
Well,sometimes I do,yeah.I,one time,visited a Fellow who's city is like damn far away and I accidentally pressed the World Map Button which took time to load like 3 mins(my internet connection was slower than Eminem's rapping so I couldn't risk to refresh)

Deleted User - 1473901

The app version of NH is so much faster and better. If you go into your notifications to return NH all you need to do is click on the players name and it will open a popup window, in that window there will be an icon for main hall another one for builders hut and one for the highest available culture building in the players city, all you need to do is click on which one you want to help and it is done. On the world map you just click on the city and it is the same thing. I can literally do NH for my whole FS in under 30 seconds on the app version.
I think i recall someone saying that the new browser version will not work on the world map but i don't know for sure. As said the new system should be released in the next update so we will find out then.

That's really cool! Thanks for describing it.
Sadly, this doesn't allow people to read the "city" description inside the actual city, which explains why I get such useless help much of the time. So, again, thanks for finally letting me know that! :D

Hekata

Artisan
You are right I did mix up broken shards and rune shard. Sorry about that. But if I understand right you want to be able to turn rune shards from Aws we are not interested in into Kps for those same wonders? If I am not interested in that wonder why would I want kps for it? Or do you want to be able to turn rune shards from aws you are not interested in into Kps for other wonders? In which case how would that work? The recipe would have to let you choose which runes you want to use and that seems too complected to add to the MA.
I stand by what I said that even if they were rare, adding 26 recipes to the MA would make the things we want even harder to craft. The chess set is also rather rare but most people craft it just to remove it from the recipe pool. And I keep all the evolving buildings I have in my inventory even if I don't ever plan to build them just so that they don't come up in crafting.
Also, even if there was an option to craft kps from rune shards I wouldn't do it: just because I don't need an Aw now doesn't mean I will never build it, you never know how the game will evolve and what you'll need. Plus having non-built AWs with lots of rune shards is good for making broken rune shards and forging runes for Aws we do want to build/upgrade.

Sadly, this doesn't allow people to read the "city" description inside the actual city, which explains why I get such useless help much of the time. So, again, thanks for finally letting me know that!

I have the new system in one of my cities and it does allow people to see what your preferences are. IMO it's very well done and will make giving NH fast and more efficient as you can choose exactly what each player wants in a second (as Timneh has described). If they are not giving you the help you wanted they either didn't read what you wrote, are in a hurry and just press the same thing for everyone or just don't care.

@tunan it's She ;)

Deleted User - 1473901

Hekata,
I did mean turning rune shards into AK for the same wonders. The idea was that those specialized AK points would essentially be cheaper than others, as you are only using a little time and rune shards you don't need to make them. So upgrading that wonder doesn't subtract from the points you want to spend on more important wonders. I figure a lot of wonders are worthwhile if upgraded sufficiently. So this would hopefully do that.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
If I understood correctly, you want to give the players some incentive to build wonders that they do not like? If so, I'm against it. Every wonder level makes the Spire harder, so I would feel tricked into doing something disadvantageous.

DeletedUser2139

Hi there NT o/ I really liked some of your suggestions for the game and I wanted to share my ideas about it as well

This is actually one of the main things that bothers me so much. I'm studying abroad on a small island with limit internet features. Loading times for me can be quite long depending on the time or let's say you are traveling and we all know that it's not guaranteed to find a decent wifi. In this case, loading the entire map or the big cities is really problematic.

Maybe they could just add the feature the mobile app has when it comes to giving Neighborly Help. Clicking the Helping Hand icon thingy and a small page opens up and shows the buildings available you know instead of loading everything. This way we would avoid loading the map over and over again as well.

I get the fact that almost all the game companies are switching to mobile or let's say focusing on the mobile apps waaay more these days since it is a huge market, but why give extra features to the mobile app of the same game while totally ignoring the browser???? This just doesn't make sense.

Hands down, totally agreeing with you on this one. It is really annoying to not being able to control your builder and waste your boost/bonus on small building upgrades. Especially during event periods, or after unlocking a new upgrade and wanting to upgrade small guest race production buildings while focusing on your main buildings.

I like the fact that they implemented this feature but now that we have the spire, more people are able to get their hands on magic buildings, and the income of the blueprint is really low to keep up with these magic buildings after some time. This is one the things that they are earning money from, I get it. However, at least add more options to get RRRs so that we can keep our loved special event buildings as we progress through the chapters. They are ignoring the old event buildings (I mean those old sets etc is never coming back by the looks of it) and lacking the amount of RRRs needed for upgrading those buildings is ridiculous.

Best option would be adding RRRs to some of the spire chests instead of %50 of the time getting spell fragments. :(

On that note...
A seperate field to enter your Neighborly Help preferences
you know, instead of still using your city name to do that. It's 2020, for Elvenar's sake!
Maybe, as the owner of the city, we could highlight some of the buildings to make it easier for others to see where do we want to get help or which specific building is more important for you. This way, whoever visits our city, will be able to see the buildings clearly, instead of gambling between all the Culture buildings that they don't know and choose the one with the lowest possible culture. By highlighting I mean to make the buildings you want to get help at a bit shinier or glow, or just add an arrow icon on top of it I don't know.

Since we cannot fit everything we want on the city name, this could be a really good feature and quality of life change.

Julian

Sorcerer
Maybe they could just add the feature the mobile app has when it comes to giving Neighborly Help. Clicking the Helping Hand icon thingy and a small page opens up and shows the buildings available you know instead of loading everything. This way we would avoid loading the map over and over again as well.

You should now have that, if you've upgraded to version 1.98

Deleted User - 1473901

You should now have that, if you've upgraded to version 1.98

Not all of it. The players on the world map that aren't actively helping are still a pain in the ass to click through.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Not all of it. The players on the world map that aren't actively helping are still a pain in the ass to click through.

Indeed. I personally hate cell phones, I only use my cell phone for the occasional family Whatsapp, as I hate social media too. I also use my phone for elvenar:

- NH in the map is much faster on cells. I am at 250 provinces completed, and I do all my neighbors in about 10 minutes. On PC is madness.

Hence, my suggestion: