• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Valentine's event - Love is in the air!

Timneh

Artisan
Yeah thats what i thought. Something else that Inno should consider, giving players the choice to opt out of events.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Yeah thats what i thought. Something else that Inno should consider, giving players the choice to opt out of events.
You can. Just don't do the quests and voila.

DeletedUser2734

For me this event is not worth the time. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the avatars for the quest line ?

Precisely what I too would like to do - as it obstructs my playing :)

+1

Edit- Just not doing the quests is of no help, as the Event-Quest-figures come over my regular quest ones, & I can't spot the last regular one..
o_O

Timneh

Artisan
@Muf-Muf That still leaves the avatars at the side of the screen so it's not really opted out of is it ? Glad to see you are back and commenting again Muf-Muf but i see that as of this moment you have not commented on the main topic of conversation on the forum yet, the 1.22 update thread. Cherry picking your responses again are you ?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
as it obstructs my playing

Obstructing how? You can do anything in the game even without doing those quests.

Muf-Muf but i see that as of this moment you have not commented on the main topic of conversation on the forum yet, the 1.22 update thread.
Give me some time to read up. Did you see how much you guys posted in such a short time?

Timneh

Artisan
Give me some time to read up. Did you see how much you guys posted in such a short time?[/QUOTE]

Well that should tell you something. You only need to read the first few posts to get the idea of it, like Killiak said "Players hate it"

DeletedUser1353

A lot of people overreacting as usual, the rewards are still better than non-premium culture even if they're not as good as most of the previous event buildings and premium culture. And if you don't want the rewards then you can just ignore the quests for 12 days as people have already pointed out, and loose nothing.

DeletedUser3034

To be accurate, SOME players hate it, SOME players dont, and some players seem to just accept it.

Sadly, of the 100s or 1000s (I don't know the real number) of players, there are only a dozen or so voices here. With such a small representative sample it's impossible to know what "most"think and feel.

Timneh

Artisan
@Lynxze and @gandolfus the above posts by myself and Killiak were referring to a comment from Muf-Muf about a different thread and not this one. Not going to explain any further as that would be going off topic of this thread. :D

DeletedUser1345

The culture-building rewards are, perhaps, just a bit on the light side for this quest - but these Events are still a way to obtain "diamond quality" culture without spending any diamonds.
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
People have a tendency toward wanting more & better, whatever they have.
Give a man a free fish today, and tomorrow he'll be expecting you to give him two free fish.
And he'll be disappointed with a gift of just one.

Be content with your free fish. ;)

DeletedUser2734

Hhmmm

I'm not gonna be l!cking anyone - it's hateful. [Period]

DeletedUser

Nothing personal, but I am seeing that the majority of old time, high ranking players (who voice opinions) say about the same thing. And I can see that at the levels many are at, this quest is perhaps a waste of time. Yet, to the lower level players, the quest is more than worthwhile. Yes, I'm fairly new to the game, so the relics, shards, KP, and ultimate prize have value to me.

Not sure there's a way to make it good for all, a prize that had value to the top 100 would jump the new player ahead like the proverbial 7 league boots.
To be honest, I have 4 cities which cover the range between 279k right down to 4k and I like it for all my cities, its easy to do, there isn't too much pre-planning, I am stuck in different places, for instance my biggest city hasn't done the first scouting yet and the bottom one has moved a lot further to producing 3hr and 9hr productions of supplies, but I'm happy with the event. In my book, free is free, easy simple quests with a few small prizes. I'd rather have some larger events during the year such as the Summer Solstice and Winter Event interspersed with some of these smaller events.

Not everyone uses diamonds and its nice to have an event which is the same for everyone rather than the bigger ones which are great for the diamond users and which generate a lot of "its not fair" cries on the forum.

Inno will never be able to satisfy everyone with events but this is a nice filler-in while we're waiting for the next guest race (and I feel if they hadn't given us this event there would be people complaining that other games in the Inno stable have a valentine's event and why doesn't Elvenar).