• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Upgrading Residence to Lvl 4

DeletedUser10249

I'm new to this game and would like to seek some tips. I've been trying to upgrade my residence to level 4 but the requirement shows 2x3 is missing. Should I utilize the city expansion?

But when I checked the requirements to upgrade the Main Hall, it requires 6x6 and it doesn't show I'm missing it.

I hope I could get some answers here.. Thank you

Pauly7

Magus
I think that perhaps you mean you are trying to upgrade a residence to the first level where it increases in size. If it is currently sat in a 2x2 space it could be saying that you need to reposition it so that it has space. Click "move and upgrade" then drag it to a spot where there is room for it. Certainly use any city expansions you have if there are any available to you.

DeletedUser10249

Much appreciated! Thank you for this! I'll try to work on getting city expansion first. :)

DeletedUser

When I place buildings for the first time, I try to leave room / the required squares needed for upgrade around them so I don't have to wreck my brain later. Tbh expansions are precious & to be used with care. Good luck & may your town prosper!

AstralSoul

Illusionist
When I place buildings for the first time, I try to leave room / the required squares needed for upgrade around them so I don't have to wreck my brain later. Tbh expansions are precious & to be used with care. Good luck & may your town prosper!

How about the Main Hall? :D

DeletedUser10249

Now, I'm getting a hang of it. Thank you! Now I understand what the tiles means in the requirement lol.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Don't worry Langris, the Main Hall will not need more room for a long time yet; but most of the others will. You can read Elvenar's wiki, or check out Konniver's ElvenArchitect, or read up on strategy at Elvengems for references about sizing.

True, but sometimes its important to be a few steps ahead :)

Gargon667

Mentor
True, but sometimes its important to be a few steps ahead :)

Would be fun for a city in chapter 1 to leave space for everything that will be necessary to play chapter 16, but they simply don´t have the space...

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Would be fun for a city in chapter 1 to leave space for everything that will be necessary to play chapter 16, but they simply don´t have the space...

I said a few... not the whole tree!

And for a millionaire, it makes a solution. that person buys all the expansions from the start and researches with diamonds the whole tree till Chapter XVI. That player can buy 15 Magic Residences, 8 Magic Workshops, and start buildings the city from there, boosting everything.