• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Upgrading constructs residences

Hekata

Artisan
I have just entered constructs and my priority are residences since my pop is getting low. But I see I will only get 100 pop for each upgrade. Is that some error in the info? I have 21 regular houses and that would only get me 2100 pop. A MH upgrade is 1500, one T3 upgrade is about the same. If the info is correct is not worth upgrading them.

Deleted User - 106219

It's not a typo. The new residences are a little smaller - 15 squares compared to the previous 16 - so by upgrading all residences you will free some space (in your case 21 squares). And remember that thisis just the first upgrade, but you have a second one later in the chapter.

Hekata

Artisan
I know there is another one and I hope it gives more pop than this. I didn't notice they were a bit smaller so that's nice to get those 21 tiles back, I'll probably use it for some event pop heavy building... though I'll probably have to wait for the next event to try to get one. Even so, given the amount of pop required for upgrading all my T3, the main hall and the armouries this feels like a joke. Not to mention that since the quests that require chapter level WS and T1 have appeared I need to also have a large amount of pop available so I can summon some of the extra WS and T1 I have in inventory. I guess that won't be the case for the next event :(
Thanks for confirming the info though :)

Timneh

Artisan
The second upgrade will give you 400 pop per upgrade. It is the same for both human and elf residences (according to the wiki).

Hekata

Artisan
Oh, ok, that's good, it's a decent amount. Thanks for the info :) It will take a me a while to get there though. Since we've got the endless quest system I have started to unlock techs mostly when a quest for it pops up. I wonder if this change to a fixed questline is just a one time thing or we are permanently back to them so I can go back to unlocking techs as soon as I can.

Timneh

Artisan
Chapter 15 residence upgrades also give 400 pop and there is no size change, there are 2 upgrades in that chapter also so you will get 800 more pop per residence in chapter 15, again that is what i see in the wiki.
The change to this old style of event on Beta was said to be in response to player feedback and data gathered from the endless and random quest events that we had before so it is anybodys guess what the next one will be but my personal opinion is that we have not seen the end of the endless and random quest events. We probably will not have to wait too long to find out.

Hekata

Artisan
I have the feeling we will see the infinite quests back soon too. I think they realized they needed more time find the balance they are looking for and just went with this. Especially since lately most players haven't been complaining about the infinite quests at all, just about the same quests popping up almost back to back or specific quests being too hard for some players like the scout/tech quest.
Or their data showed that people weren't spending more than before so no reason to give infinite quests and risk breaking the balance of the game when people gain more than they should.