• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update to 0.29

DeletedUser3

Dear Elves and Humans,

This is the discussion thread for the update to 0.29. You can find the release notes here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Deleted User - 13667

I wonder if the hazy border issue would be addressed as well since it is not stated in the notes.

And a few ideas that had been brought up for the trade and boost goods each member in the fellowship has. These are pretty handy ideas to have it add-on.

DeletedUser

Cannot access tech tree, same as others. The screen freezes.

DeletedUser

The map works fine for me with its big blue arrow, but not the tech tree.

DeletedUser66

I don't have access to the map or tech tree either.

Seems to be Firefox specific.

I can get into both using Google Chrome.

DeletedUser

Now completely unable to open Arendyll. Is anybody listening to the feedback, please?

DeletedUser240

I too can access the map but not the tech tree. It it just freezes on the loading screen... :(

Deleted User - 50840

Hi everyone, I also had a problem. I did a pc reboot and everything now works fine. Something to do with the memory maybe...

DeletedUser

It does seem to be a firefox issue as I can get the tech tree fine using IE.

Deleted User - 50840

I am using firefox. Try clearing the browser cache.

DeletedUser3

Dear all,

There was indeed an issue with opening the research window and world map following the update. This issue has now been resolved, and you should now be able to open your research window and world map again. We apologise for the inconvenience involved. Please submit a ticket to support if after a refresh you are still unable to access your research or world map, thank you.

Deleted User - 13667

Good job on reducing the haze at the edges. Scrolling is smoother but the provinces at the edge still takes a quite a while to load and has extended from the last row to last 2 -3 rows. Bug? Already tried clearing cache. No help. No difference in IE as well.

DeletedUser277

First the positives :)
Yes, agree the map is now much improved, thanks for listening to the feedback! The removal of the thick border is so much better on a smaller screen and I agree with s5carrot that scrolling is smoother and and the process of visiting people from the map is certainly no worse and maybe slightly better than before. I also like the blue arrow thingy, it it not too obtrusive and does seem the keep reasonably accurate when I move around.

The one negative :(
Just as s5carrot says, the provinces on the edge of the screen still take too long to load (become green). This is possibly slight better now but the difference seems marginal and I was hoping it would be a significant improvement.

Overall is a 7/10 for the map changes from me :)

DeletedUser

Fully agree with s5carrot and Prendyo about the provinces taking longer/too long to load. I can confirm what s5carrot stated about the load issue having extended from just the last row to the last 2-3 rows. The issue that some of these provinces would not load at all (without setting the game to fullscreen or back again) appears to be fixed though, even if they do take some time.

The arrow is great when trying to figure out the distance from a potential trade partner to one's own city. Saves me from having to constantly guess and then find out I went in the wrong direction and start over again.

As for the new quests: Won't get to enjoy those if I'm still stuck on that 'Have a Barracks' quest, now will I? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

• The zoom focus is now always correct
mine is still changing from small scale to large scale without the button on the settings being clicked.
it appears to happen after i have visited several cities via the world map, then when i return to my own city is shows the zoomed-in enlarged view (i normally have zoomed out screen selected)

Deleted User - 13667

Very odd update.

To cancel construction now costs 50% of the entire building which is not different from selling it.

And it happens that this change was not announced.