• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update to 0.28

DeletedUser

I agree that the blur on the world map isn't practical. Though very nice looking on my 23" 1080p monitor - I'm not very convinced when I'm using my 14.5" 900p laptop. In addition I don't understand why such a game feature is implemented when somewhere down the line of development Elvenar is likely to support tablets and such like FoE does.

Gad to see the bug fix I mentioned earlier really has been fixed. (Was the first thing I tested when I logged in. :D)

DeletedUser66

The addition of the blurry border around the map is making navigating near impossible on a laptop.

I don't see a point to it either... There is no reason for it. Doesn't even look nice...

DeletedUser235

Use Google Chrome and zoom out, you can see a lot more than the basic game interface. ;-)

DeletedUser330

But then it's near impossible to zoom back to 100% again unless I go to another website like Facebook and hit ctrl+0 then reload Elvenar.
It's a lot of pissing around for something that simply shouldn't have been implemented.

DeletedUser

But then it's near impossible to zoom back to 100% again unless I go to another website like Facebook and hit ctrl+0 then reload Elvenar.

Why that? I just use Chrome's zoom feature through ctr+scrolling the mouse wheel and then click 'reset to default' in the pop up (indicating the level of zoom while zooming) if I want to reset the zoom to 100%. Can't really get much easier than that. No reloading required either.

That it'd be great if there were a feature implemented for zooming within the game - yeah I agree. On the other hand though, there are enough other things of higher priority the devs should deal with. In all honesty I don't really believe an in-game feature would be any better than using chrome's zoom feature either.

Cheers,
Valerius

Deleted User - 50840

I don't really believe an in-game feature would be any better than using chrome's zoom feature

And what about those people NOT using chrome? And that is the majority of internet users.

DeletedUser

And what about those people NOT using chrome? And that is the majority of internet users.
Well, you can zoom the same way in pretty much any modern browser. You might have to hit F6 or click on the address bar to reset zoom by hitting ctrl+0, but other than that - it shouldn't be any different.

Bottom line is that a zoom feature should be available to every player. As I stated above, it'd be nice to have that feature in-game. I don't see it as that urgent of an issue/need-to-have feature that the devs should use up their 'precious' time on it at the moment.

P.S.: As a Linux user I use chrome because I must in order to play this game. Not because I want to or believe it's the only browser out there.

DeletedUser248

I am also not a fan of the blurry edges on the map, I think making more of it transparent would help a lot!

I like the "map" effect just I don't think the blurriness should be that thick. :/

Deleted User - 13667

The new haze feature looks terrible.
You cant see the boosts clearly unless you position the province you are viewing at the center of the screen
Still cant see the provinces around loading properly.

Im using Pentium 3. Slow enough for you?

firerock

Enchanter
I agree the map fuzziness is awful.
I can now see the province relics on the map which is good.

And yet still the IE crashing issue is still not addressed or even updated, I really like restarting my browser 5-10 times a night, not!.

DeletedUser

• New map makes it difficult to navigate.
  • Buildings disappear when trying to upgrade them if you have to move them to do so
  • Pointless popup when moving buildings which doesn't go away until you exit move mode and click somewhere
  • Town keeps auto-centering when you re-enter the view after doing something else, irrespective of where your buildings are.
All of those things are annoying and weren't necessary. Sorry to be a boring moaner ;)

Deleted User - 13667

I agree on the auto-centering feature. It does seem redundant.

Also, with the haze, the map seems even more tiny than it should be.

DeletedUser66

This was complained about in detail on the beta server, yet it was still implemented.

My question is why? What was the point of adding the haze? Is there a specific reason why it was added?

DeletedUser330

This was complained about in detail on the beta server, yet it was still implemented.

My question is why? What was the point of adding the haze? Is there a specific reason why it was added?

Because the developers obviously don't actually play the game.

DeletedUser417

Edge, widescreen 21.5", 100% zoom, folks with smaller screens will see less.
2015-11-04 19.05000394.jpg

DeletedUser

I don't want my browser to cover the whole of my screen, I can see 5 cities in a row where mine is and the 1st and 5th are faded at the edge, on the top and bottom of the map the city names are all faded although I can click on them, I have difficulty remembering where I scouted last when going to do a few encounters and looking for the unfinished province isn't the answer as I have about 10 provinces with half or more encounters waiting to be done.

The only good thing is that it is now taking me about 15 minutes to get through all my neighbours rather than the 40 minutes plus that it was taking due to all the crashes, freezes and reloading that was going on.

DeletedUser108

On my laptop, I can see 3 cities. Three!! Mine, and one on either side.

Deleted User - 13667

Im with Da Twista and Odd Won Out.

3 cities in clear sight.

DeletedUser3

Hi all - thanks for your feedback on the world map! I will be forwarding this for sure :)
One thing I can tell you right now is that the border will be made thinner with the next update, so that you will be able to see far more. However it's not possible to revert to the way it was, as this is an integral part of a whole package of changes.