• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update to 0.22

DeletedUser235

• Visiting several cities consecutively should no longer cause either a black screen or the game to crash
Is that fixed in Beta right now? To confirm if it's working? Because I have a member that her computer completely crashes after a few visits. It could be a bigger issue.

DeletedUser3

Certainly by all accounts it's much improved, though I cannot say for certain visiting will be completely crash free (absence of evidence is not evidence of absence ;)). Now that International has been updated to 0.22, please ask your fellowship member to let us know how they get on :)

DeletedUser281

Hardware acceleration seems to be allowing for the game to run much better than before. Before I would have lag times and the game would just hang while I waited for it to catch up. I suppose there could always be an issue with my internet package as well...

DeletedUser

Please read the maintenance notice... talks about 0.20 ;)
Little personal tests on 0.22... still crashes after about 5 map visits, still crashes after EACH Fellowship visit (seems the enforced max magnification is not working).
Unable to enable hardware acceleration via the settings menu - offered the usual flash screen only. Am I missing something? If HA becomes a standard feature, will you allow the ability to turn it off?

DeletedUser3

Please read the maintenance notice... talks about 0.20 ;)
Oops! Thank you Goldie - corrected now :oops:

The Hardware Acceleration option can be enabled in advanced settings, alongside Diamond confirmation, Animations and Battle graphic quality

Advanced Settings.PNG

For now it will remain an option, though we very much hope you choose to try it out. If you continue to have flash crashes after every few visits, please do let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well this is embarrassing :oops:
Do you mind telling/showing me how to access that Advanced Settings panel... I just cannot find it :rolleyes: Thanks for your patience :)

DeletedUser3

My apologies Goldie - you can access the Advanced Settings panel by clicking on the 'Gear Wheel' at the bottom right of your city screen, and then on the little yellow gear wheel which appears just above it (not so helpfully called 'Options' in the tooltip)
Advanced Settings.PNG

DeletedUser

YAY:D HA set. Will pay particular attention to what happens when I make my neighbourly and Fellowship rounds later today. Many thanks.

DeletedUser3

You're very welcome Goldie - please do let us know how you get on with your visits :)

DeletedUser66

Ooooh, I see the upgrade option for the main hall and residences at level 15 are back. Previously they were removed once a player reached level 15 :p

DeletedUser

For Amy (and anyone else interested).
Have just done my daily rounds of good deeds to others... and the results with Hardware Acceleration ON are...
Wait for it :p
Complete success - no black screens of death and no white screens of doom Ta dah!!!
This will save me around 45 minutes of hair-pulling frustration each day. Kudos and congratulations to the team.
The next round (of drinks) is on me :D

DeletedUser3

Thanks for letting us know that Goldie (mine's a lemonade please :p )
Ooooh, I see the upgrade option for the main hall and residences at level 15 are back. Previously they were removed once a player reached level 15 :p
o_O sounds like a bug to me! Could you report that (and any other bugs) in our Report a Bug forum please?

firerock

Enchanter
yes I have to say I did my rounds tonight before coming into the forum, and thought 'my god it hasn't crashed!' I must go and tell someone, but then I see you've fixed it :) I did it without HA on tonight, but will do it with Ha on tomorrow. This was undoubtedly the most annoying issue in the game, now if we could just do something about those inactive removals ...

DeletedUser108

You may have urged citizens out into the streets, but apparently my citizens didn't get the message. My streets are empty.
I'm also glad to see the "zoom in when entering a city" is a bug and not a feature, and I hope it can be squashed soon. It's mildly annoying.
Hardware acceleration working fine here, and less issues with viewing the map and visiting neighbors (now that I have more than 8 neighbors again).

DeletedUser3

You may have urged citizens out into the streets, but apparently my citizens didn't get the message. My streets are empty.
The whereabouts of the missing citizens is currently under investigation, and we hope to locate them and coax them back out of their hiding place soon, as well as resolving that zoom issue :)

firerock

Enchanter
I did try offering free planks and scrolls but they appear to all be asleep, although I'm wondering if in the inactive sweep up if you haven't actually removed my townsfolk secretly as well, and I've just got empty buildings :eek: