• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Upcoming Tournament Changes

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@malph I ask daily and as soon as I get a definitive response, you will all be the first to know.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Is not about being a mess, @malph, however, these things take time. Would you rather have the developers rush through everything, and then truly create a mess? I am happy it is taking its time, because it means they are working on it, and they are not happy as it is right now, based on our feedback. But still, coding takes time, alpha testing (when it still did not leave the dev's PCs), and then to arrive to our servers, usually starting by beta.

We live in a society of rushing, instant delivery, urgent whatever, etc... But some aspects like surgery, designing a building (real-life), coding a game, creating art, etc, can't be rushed :)

Please, be a little patient, wait is always for a greater good.

OldHag

Necromancer
Is not about being a mess, @malph, however, these things take time. Would you rather have the developers rush through everything, and then truly create a mess? I am happy it is taking its time, because it means they are working on it, and they are not happy as it is right now, based on our feedback. But still, coding takes time, alpha testing (when it still did not leave the dev's PCs), and then to arrive to our servers, usually starting by beta.

We live in a society of rushing, instant delivery, urgent whatever, etc... But some aspects like surgery, designing a building (real-life), coding a game, creating art, etc, can't be rushed :)

Actually @anonglitch if they had taken their time on the test server, they wouldn't have created said mess on live server.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Actually @anonglitch if they had taken their time on the test server, they wouldn't have created said mess on live server.

We did explain this one a few times, but there is a reason:

The way that many players play in beta, it's not the same as we play in our main cities. That impacts testing, hence the reason for testing here also. But we happen to get the learning process, both for positive and negative, and to be able to provide feedback here versus getting an implementation without the chance of change.

Sometimes the mechanics are much trickier than you can imagine :) That applies to everything in life!

malph

Spellcaster

What a terrible answer
you say be patient I think we have all been very patient with them and i now know that the Mods are asking for answers but not getting any
And it should never have left beta in the current mess its in better still It should never have left the Devs PCs ..
Also i feel they rushed through it and now they know it is a complete mess a failure on there part

Timneh

Artisan
But still, coding takes time, alpha testing (when it still did not leave the dev's PCs), and then to arrive to our servers, usually starting by beta.

That has raised a question in my mind. If the devs do make any changes will the Beta server get them first or will we get them at the same time as we are testing this at the same time as Beta ? If you do not know the answer would you please ask and let us know.

malph

Spellcaster
there must be panic at INNO
Every other day there's offers of some kind of diamond deal and now they want you to buy diamonds for cheaper expansions
we never got offered so many deals like this before one after another
It shows that not many people are buying diamonds at the moment ..and hopefully the shareholder will notice and wonder whats going on

Pauly7

Magus
there must be panic at INNO
Every other day there's offers of some kind of diamond deal and now they want you to buy diamonds for cheaper expansions
we never got offered so many deals like this before one after another
It shows that not many people are buying diamonds at the moment ..and hopefully the shareholder will notice and wonder whats going on
It's not a panic. They're analysing the effect of the new tournaments on diamond sales. This is what this testing phase is really probably all about.

DeletedUser7406

I think you're a bit too optimistic about that. Even if there is a good amount of ppl here in the forums that won't buy any premium expansions / diamonds anymore (including myself), most ppl out there don't even have a clue how the formula works, so they don't see any issue with buying these.

Even ppl who know about that new formula will buy new expansions as they simply don't care. Most prominent example in this thread could be @valle (no offense - i'm good with the fact that you like / adapt to those changes). So the influence of the new system should be too small to make a big difference in the big picture - at least for now.

It could make a difference if there are some so called "whales" within the quitters. Maybe it could also make a difference in the long term, as soon as details about that new system are also known by casual players, but at that time the lost income wouldn't be automaticly connected to that change.

DeletedUser5306

Would you rather have the developers rush through everything, and then truly create a mess? I am happy it is taking its time, because it means they are working on it, and they are not happy as it is right now, based on our feedback. But still, coding takes time, alpha testing (when it still did not leave the dev's PCs), and then to arrive to our servers, usually starting by beta.
I would rather have the developers take their time on beta, take thoroughly into consideration the feedback from BETA players which is more or less what is repeated over and over again here (revision of the formula itself).
BETA, is the place where players are volunteering for testing new content and giving their feedback. We have been forced here and ONLY here on LIVE EU to test Inno's new and still flawed content FOR FREE, that testing is brutally eating all our stocks, and we should feel happy about that according to you?
The last few weeks I am not having fun, I have just been trying with pain to adapt to something that might change again...

Although we live in a society of programmed brain and marketing manipulation, I wanted to believe that we could still decide for ourselves when it comes to our free time and gameplay... But maybe it is just an utopia...

Diane 6213

Seeker
Ummmm, I don't remember seeing this many back to back. These diamond offers have been coming hot and heavy since before the current Event started. My opinion, this is the true reason why the "testing," has come to this server. And to follow up your earlier point, I too have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of cross tier trades being put up. Perhaps a sign that although the earlier provinces may seem to be a lot less expensive to cater, those goods do add up in a hurry and it would not be hard to over extend what you are able to make on a daily basis

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It's not a panic. They're analysing the effect of the new tournaments on diamond sales. This is what this testing phase is really probably all about.

It's just a normal pattern of diamond sales in an event
Each (long) event we have a residence/workshop sale and a premium expansion sale.
The other diamond sales of event currency for free when you buy diamonds and others are also regular sales.

I think you're a bit too optimistic about that. Even if there is a good amount of ppl here in the forums that won't buy any premium expansions / diamonds anymore (including myself), most ppl out there don't even have a clue how the formula works, so they don't see any issue with buying these.

Even ppl who know about that new formula will buy new expansions as they simply don't care. Most prominent example in this thread could be @valle (no offense - i'm good with the fact that you like / adapt to those changes). So the influence of the new system should be too small to make a big difference in the big picture - at least for now.

It could make a difference if there are some so called "whales" within the quitters. Maybe it could also make a difference in the long term, as soon as details about that new system are also known by casual players, but at that time the lost income wouldn't be automaticly connected to that change.

Already are people on the "live servers" questioning if they should buy today's sale, because they heared trough the grapevines that this is detrimental to your tournament play.
We only do not know yet how big this group of people is, but since the questions do pop up without it even being on live ain't a good sign

m4rt1n

Adept
It's just a normal pattern of diamond sales in an event
Each (long) event we have a residence/workshop sale and a premium expansion sale.
The other diamond sales of event currency for free when you buy diamonds and others are also regular sales.

Already are people on the "live servers" questioning if they should buy today's sale, because they heared trough the grapevines that this is detrimental to your tournament play.
We only do not know yet how big this group of people is, but since the questions do pop up without it even being on live ain't a good sign

Unless I misunderstand, the Beta changes to the tournament have been on live since 18th August.

I did "buy" an expansion with todays offer, because I had saved up enough free diamonds.

Stucon

Illusionist
Hi Moderators. Can you pass this on please,
"Wouldn't you like to have fun, fun, fun
How's about a few laughs, laughs "

It worries me that they (the developers) keep asking about numbers. I know that a number of my FS have stopped or reduced their purchasing of diamonds. I have postponed my plans to start purchasing diamonds. People are NOT enjoying playing. If there's no fun, why bother playing.
The developers need to inject some fun into the game.
Hey, everybody
Have fun again
I want you to have fun
Have fun again
I want you to have fun