• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Upcoming Tournament Changes June 2021

rock stream

Scholar
"Change in the costs of magic spells - The current cost of balancing Enchantments leads to an uneven spending of relics. This is a disadvantage for all players, but it gets more and more critical the further a player progresses in the game. As an example a player might spend all his relics for Ascended Goods and then is stuck for a very long time on higher chapters. With changing the costs of spells, we hope to take away that problem."
Is there a schedule for this change?

Gargon667

Mentor
That many? I thought the difference was about 15... I can't be bothered to go back and do the maths. Everything above province 9 is the same, they've taken a few KP away from round 6 and added a few extra elsewhere.

Ah I thought we got 1 KP on extra on each round 1 province :) I honestly don´t have the slightest clue what rewards I get, I never look at them, since I am not in need of any of them... I get what I get and it seems to be I always get more than I need... The only thing I actually pay attention to are the points and those only, so I can keep my 10k streak going :) Well and of course when we set out to break some record or other...

Laurelin

Sorcerer
"Change in the costs of magic spells - The current cost of balancing Enchantments leads to an uneven spending of relics. This is a disadvantage for all players, but it gets more and more critical the further a player progresses in the game. As an example a player might spend all his relics for Ascended Goods and then is stuck for a very long time on higher chapters. With changing the costs of spells, we hope to take away that problem."
Is there a schedule for this change?
I think the change has already been made, since the non-CC Enchantments in my Magic Academy (browser version) have been altered so that they now all require 2, 3, or 4 of a combination of only my Boost+1 Relics, with none of them now requiring, as was the case, the Boost+2 Relics which are still demanded by CCs (no change in quantities). If so, though, and as I've already stated (in far more words, which probably means nobody read it!) in my earlier post in this thread, the net effect of the Enchantments change upon my own usage of Boost+2 Relics will be zero, since I will continue, as I always have done, to produce no Enchantments at all in my MA other than constant CCs (using those same 3 x Boost+2 Relics, of course - one of each Tier), with a relatively uncommon and largely insignificant one-in-five to one-in-ten IM Spell included to cover those days when I don't log in for 24 hours.

As I've also said in my (again, probably largely unread!) much longer earlier post, the other recent change, to the Tournament - i.e. the spreading of the necessary three types of CC-producing Relics across all nine Tournaments, rather than acquiring them from three 'push' weeks out of every nine - will actually decrease my ability to store up Boost+2 Relics for use in my Ascended Goods Boost, since I do not see enough of the 5-day Combat Boosters in my Crafting location (and I win a negligibly small number of DAs in the Spire) to enable me to put in constant effort over a nine-week repeating Tournament cycle rather than being able to focus my Boosters on the three weeks of nine upon which I formerly relied to acquire enough Boost+2 Relics both to support my Crafting and to build up an adequate stockpile of these same Relics to achieve a full 700% Ascended Goods Boost.

Therefore, while the alteration to Relics used in making Enchantments has had no effect at all, since I make (almost) only CCs (other Enchantments being won from Tourneys and other sources) and the Boost+2 Relics used for those have not changed, the other and far more significant change to the availability of those same Relics - and my lack of enough Combat Booster buildings to acquire them over all nine weeks rather than only three weeks out of nine - has actually made my situation considerably worse as far as my Ascended Goods Boost and my Crafting ability, equally, are concerned. As such, I can only say that if the aim was, as I have highlighted in bold above, to prevent players from spending most (if not all - I will still have some) of their Ascended Goods Relics and thus ending up stuck in higher Chapters for a long time, then to change the Enchantment requirements on one hand (negligible effect) but to noticeably increase the difficulty of acquiring Boost+2 Ascended Goods-supporting Relics on the other hand by spreading these across all nine Tournaments (significant detrimental effect), then that aim, in my own case at least, has not succeeded - quite the reverse.

If there is to be another, different change, which will mean either that CCs no longer have to be produced so frequently (e.g. if the CC cost of Recipes in the Crafting rotation were to be reduced), or that it will become possible to make CCs with either Boost+0 [preferably] or Boost+1 Relics as well as or instead of only Boost+2 Relics, then I, too, would much like to know when such a change will be implemented - and if there are no plans to do so, why at the very least using Boost+0 Relics as well as/instead of Boost+2 Relics for CCs has not been considered, since that would solve the CC-producing and/or any incipient Ascended Goods Relics shortage problems entirely.

rock stream

Scholar
Since I only craft CC's I would not of noticed change to the other spells. Like you I only collect secondary spells from other game activities. I perceived the short term goal with these changes is to farther limit crafting through reducing the amount of relics available for cc's. I have already been letting crafting idle due to the lack of cc's, spell fragments or lack of anything of value to craft .

The claim that it is to help new players (defined as chapter 4 or less) doesn't carry water with me, mainly because it hurts new players the most while hurting all players to a degree.

It will totally wipe out ascended goods relics.

I reviewed the actual beta forum and everything we have said is just repeating what has been said before it went to the EN beta world.
The only thing I haven't figured out is how this is going to make them more money.
Funny thread description "Up coming changes".

Giraffi

Enchanter
The CC recipe was not changed. The MM recipe was changed and now it is sharing the requirements of the blue and the purple enchantment. 2x relics needed, twice the crafting time. Raw deal in my opinion. MM is rare to get from other sources and should not be this expensive. This needs to change, either by making it cheaper to craft or more available from other sources.

The Pilgrim set, if you have all the pieces, will give you a CC once a day as well as one set of the three relics to craft another CC. In essence the Pilgrim Set enables you to get two CC a day. Interestingly enough, one can almost say it is the footprint size of two library sets (not exactly, but almost).

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
So I'm assuming this change is going to all the other live servers on the next marble tournament then.
Can we still hope on some tweaks, or is it pretty much final?

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Heymrdiedier : I don't work for Inno, but I think I can (much to my own disappointment) predict that (a) the result of the storm of protest arising from the 2020 Tournament changes - i.e. nothing that was asked for by players - combined with (b) the deafening silence on the subject of these new (and also not universally welcomed) changes from anyone at Inno, since this thread was started, provides a near-certain answer to your question... :/

OldHag

Necromancer
@FieryArien To confirm these changes are only available on our live server here at International at this point. This is to extend the player numbers significantly, from just those on Beta and of course to see how enjoyable these changes are.
I'd have to disagree with you on this @Silmaril.....from where I'm sitting it appears to me that Inno don't give a hoot about player opinion or whether or not we enjoy changes, we only have to look at the changes made to the tournament formula and how the player feedback on that topic have been totally ignored and pretty much brushed under the carpet by Inno.
The problem hasn't gone away though, nor have the voices, albeit it, still ignored.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I'd have to disagree with you on this @Silmaril.....from where I'm sitting it appears to me that Inno don't give a hoot about player opinion or whether or not we enjoy changes, we only have to look at the changes made to the tournament formula and how the player feedback on that topic have been totally ignored and pretty much brushed under the carpet by Inno.
The problem hasn't gone away though, nor have the voices, albeit it, still ignored.

Oh be careful now! Innogsoc might send their Thinkpol team to track you down for egregious wrongthink!

Gargon667

Mentor
I wouldn´t be all that harsh on the devs ;) They treat us as what we are, something like 0.1% of elvenar players... So not caring what the few folks on the forum think is basically guaranteed. That doesn´t mean they´re not interested, I am rather guessing they are interested as we do have some interesting ideas, but as to what they implement is not based on our view.
The huge majority of all players has greatly benefited from the change, with easy 10 chest tourneys available to every half way active town now. So the feedback they get from other sources than the forum will most certainly look a LOT different from what we say here...

Of course we are right and the tourney formula is wrong, but as long as more people benefit than are hurt it isn´t going to change, no matter how wrong the formula is.