• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Upcoming FA

• Thread starter DeletedUser3032
  • Start date

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
You forget to mention that at the time of the first FA a newly accepted member of our fellowship was passing information to your FS about where we were at. We slowed down our builds because you had conceded the contest, and you knew that because of that player. A lot of our fellowship had cleared buildings in order to make badges, that took a long time to recover for us as well.

But like Syanid said, we're not going to compete in the FA this time. It's not too late to make a run for it...

Some people like to bash on players that choose to buy diamonds. Just remember, if it weren't for the players that buy the diamonds, you wouldn't have a game to play.
I must correct some points...

It's true that we were very very thankfull to get 4 very powerfull and active members who made half the job for the 1st FA... Buuuuuut... do you really think we have the lightest way to know who was with who when we hire people ? We can't... We have room, some ask to join... We hire them... That's all... We never asked any candidates infos about their previous FS...
Sorry Mrs Bond, you're on the wrong movie ;)

Also, about my comment on diamonds, don't misunderstand me : I'm sincerelly gratefull to any guy sponsoring this game when it has only local effect in his town... What I found stupid is of Inno's strategy who trick a competition by letting people buying the results... I posted last time a double picture, a group of runners racing against F1 cars... the first are sweating the second have money, that's not my opinion about a fair race... But you fairly followed Inno's unfair rules, you weren't aimed by my remark.

I retreived them...
a.jpg
b.jpg

I catch your attention on some details that you could miss at first sight... the first ones are just starting, the second are already close to the finish line, the first ones are making a physical effort, the others just bought the best car...
You'll NEVER find such "challenge" IRL where things are already unfair for 95% of people from whom only 46% can survive from their work because, more and more, enterprise are giving money to investors to the detriment of the workers salary when their is some gains...

I'm sorry if I look oldfashioned in this jolly capitalist world but I cherish some old values like a fair fight where you respect your opponent and you don't buy the referee...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

You just Pay Relics at some waypoints, the way you Pay Goods at some of the other waypoints.

DeletedUser

I'm just waiting for the "bragging rights" posts to start... problem is that to beat everybody else they have to be participating otherwise its like winning a race against just a small fraction of those able to participate, while the majority decided that the end prize wasn't worth effort.

None of the 4 FS that I'm in, both on Arendyll and Winyandor can be bothered to take part, for which I'm heartily thankful especially as I'm the AM of 2 of them and would have had to lead by example had the vote gone the other way :eek:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
There is an often used cliche in post football match interviews when a big team beats a little team.

"Well, you can only beat the team that's put in front of you"

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
There is an often used cliche in post football match interviews when a big team beats a little team.

"Well, you can only beat the team that's put in front of you"
I liked your ironical way (I love you bro)... but I hope we'll put this debate a little higher than the usual stupid comments you can hear from football trephined players, beach ! :p
You know, if we can get higher comments than "I like it because I like it", it will be like "That's one small step for (a)(*) man, one giant leap for mankind."... and I'll be happy :confused:

(*) Words said when Armstrong first stepped onto the Moon (20 July 1969). In the actual sound recordings he apparently fails to say "a" before "man" and says: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." This was generally considered by many to simply be an error of omission on his part. Armstrong long insisted he did say "a man" but that it was inaudible. Prior to new evidence supporting his claim, he stated a preference for the "a" to appear in parentheses when the quote is written. In September 2006 evidence based on new analysis of the recordings conducted by Peter Shann Ford, a computer programmer based in Sydney, Australia, whose company Control Bionics helps physically handicapped people to use their own nerve impulses to communicate through computers, indicated that Armstrong had said the missing "a". This information was presented to Armstrong and NASA on 28 September 2006 and reported in the Houston Chronicle (30 September 2006). The debate continues on the matter, as "Armstrong's 'poetic' slip on Moon" at BBC News (3 June 2009) reports that more recent analysis by linguist John Olsson and author Chris Riley with higher quality recordings indicates that he did not say "a".

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
My fellowship will be taking part, and trying our best but with only about 15 active currently hope we can do better than last time where I was nearing the end of the Orcs and had no space unlike now where I have just started the woodelves and can build extra for some of the badges.

I really do wish we had 25 active members but recruiting, even new members on Arendyll currently seems impossible.

cwgiii

Shaman
You just Pay Relics at some waypoints, the way you Pay Goods at some of the other waypoints.

Be careful though. Don't just contribute willy nilly. you need a certain number of relics from your boosted good to improve an maintain production boosts. When entering the latest chapter, I understand that you need different relics to do the same for those goods too (If I am not mistaken).

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Be careful though. Don't just contribute willy nilly. you need a certain number of relics from your boosted good to improve an maintain production boosts. When entering the latest chapter, I understand that you need different relics to do the same for those goods too (If I am not mistaken).
you aren't, you need your T1 boosted + 1 (*) for the T4 boosted ones you need with Elementals... That's why I stopped producing PoP spells...

(*) that means steel relics if your boost is Marble, plank if it's steel and marble if it's planks...

LazyTony

Sorcerer
You only need 500 for max boost. You can spend anything above that safely in boosted goods, and go a lot lower in non boosted goods if you only need them for spells.

I know they reduced the relic numbers required from beta, but I just worked out from the numbers needed for the live server FAs, I can do it all myself 16 times over and not affect my boost or spell making abilities. Without any of my 24 fellows doing a thing.

Of course, this won't be the case if you haven't been playing very long, or if you don't tourney much.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yeah. Tony and I tourney a lot! So we aren't going to miss them: I have over 1k spare.... just hit tourney man!

I do and score over 2k each week and have lots of relics, my post was aimed at those who do not realise yet or may slow their game, but thanks for the heads up. :)

DeletedUser803

same with us, we have about 10 active members, and about 5 have put their hands up to compete. if your in winyandor , maybe we could have a discussion about forming a new fellowship. myself, I dont think the adventures are worth the "prizes (?)" but I'm all about helping younger players to grow and enjoy the game, so I'm in.
btw- when does it start???? Im in Australia

DeletedUser

I do and score over 2k each week and have lots of relics, my post was aimed at those who do not realise yet or may slow their game, but thanks for the heads up. :)
Its also very difficult for a new starter FS, such as the one I run on Winyandor - people who have only opened one or two of each province type do not have stockpiles of anything - we generally have players from mid-dwarf down plus those who are running the FS, so I'd be interested in seeing just whether it would be possible (without donating anything as we aren't taking part).

This would definitely be one of those "stunt your city growth" occasions, which we try to avoid at all costs.

DeletedUser1685

I didn't bother with the last event, the Romeo and Juliet thing, and the last Fellowship event was a total mess for us, I paid some Diamonds to get us over the first hurdle, but that made me decide to never do Fellowship Adventures again. I thought perhaps with some exuberant posts I might change my mind, but it certainly looks like the Fellowship Adventure still has the same old problems. Oh well.

Lelanya

Mentor
same with us, we have about 10 active members, and about 5 have put their hands up to compete. if your in winyandor , maybe we could have a discussion about forming a new fellowship. myself, I dont think the adventures are worth the "prizes (?)" but I'm all about helping younger players to grow and enjoy the game, so I'm in.
btw- when does it start???? Im in Australia
Already has and now FSs are locked