• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Upcoming FA

• Thread starter DeletedUser3032
  • Start date

DeletedUser3032

I asked a question and so far have had 19 people reply with responses for 22 separate fellowships.

Is the fellowship your in participating in the upcoming FA?

Yes = 1
Maybe = 2
Only 1 Route = 1
No = 18 (81.81%)

Says it all doesn't it.

DeletedUser3097

You may be interested in this, @king0r

Thanks to the feedback provided by our Beta community, which of course includes you here in this thread, we will be making adjustments to the Fellowship Adventures, before we start said Adventure on our Live markets. Essentially, the change we're making is drasticly decreasing the number of relics required for certain waypoints, so that this is not as big a hurdle as it was for those who already played through the Adventure on the Beta servers.

On behalf of the Elvenar team, I want to express my gratitude to everyone involved for the feedback we've been getting, and helping us improve Elvenar, as well as the events we offer. Thank you for that, and never let the feedback stream dry up - we really do want to hear from you. :)

Killiak

Artisan
That's good but half of the responses are not just moaning about relics, it's the number of resources as well. Although I do not personally think they are incredibly high. The relics, however, are stupidly ridiculously high.

Effort vs Reward
Time vs Fun

These are the main issues my fellowship has with the FA. Several fellows also mentioned that they are building their city and don't want to gimp their progress.

DeletedUser

That's good but half of the responses are not just moaning about relics, it's the number of resources as well. Although I do not personally think they are incredibly high. The relics, however, are stupidly ridiculously high.
The required resources may not be high for an upper levelled FS, however I'm the AM of a new starter FS and half of them aren't as far as dwarves yet and some of them are way below that, we aren't in a position to be able to get past those points on the map, and the relics? Very hard to get them as well for that level of player.

We do tournaments, events, build up our cities but the FA is one step too far for most FS, they're a good idea but don't work in principle due to the demands being too great and unless the demands are tailored to the ranking of the FS as a whole then they're unplayable IMO.

DeletedUser3032

I agree totally with you @Lisica

Orange more time and space consuming.
Blue more costly in KP and coins.
Green more costly in supplies for troops and time.

This is what it appears to be how I see it. Although relics have been reduced in numbers I don't think a lot of people will bother now because of space requirements for all these badges. Last FA wasn't a problem for space because the new chapter wasn't released or was just out, so the players waiting for Elements had tonnes of space for all the WS and productions needed just to be able to finish the FA.

DeletedUser3287

I've been speaking to my FS's in all 3 worlds, and there are many who won't be taking part. Some are like me with not enough city space, don't have the time for 5/15 minute, or 1 hour badges, and don't think the effort is worth the prizes.

It's also tedious to play IMO, and I have told my fellows that I won't be taking part. I need to concentrate on my cities, where upgrades, and research is more important than a few minor baubles.

DeletedUser4646

Personally, I enjoy the challenge of the FA, as do others in my Fellowships, but sadly this doesn't seem to be the norm. Many players are frustrated at the level of difficulty and the relatively poor prizes. It is a shame that an opportunity is being lost here, as the design totally lends itself to be run as a multi-level event, where all players of all levels have an opportunity to participate and get something out of it. Here are my thoughts.

There are three paths for three stages. It would make much more sense to have an easy, medium and hard path for each stage, with a chest at the top of each path (3 chests per stage) - so the chest (or chests) you get to open (hence the value of the prizes you receive) depends upon the path/paths you have taken.

This way, small FS's with less advanced players (or those with less space, or time to spend on the game etc. etc.) can enjoy taking the easy route up each stage and know they will get a prize for their efforts. The more ambitious players can attempt the more difficult paths, and receive higher value prizes. The complete nutters can go all out doing as many paths as possible - competing for the top spots, and if they don't quite make the 'mega-prizes' for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, they will still come away with a good bag of booty from all the chests they managed to open.

Surely this would make the FA a fun and achievable event for all.

Pauly7

Magus
I made my position on this known after the last adventure, that unless they changed this drastically to make it a) achievable and b) had prizes (preferably new and unique) that were worth winning then we wouldn't be interested.

Reducing the relics for the live servers is at least one thing and the one and two day productions do seem to be greatly reduced, but now they have thrown in the requirement for players to pay huge amounts of goods (which we know everyone hates), not to mention all the relics, plus now Orcs, which only two people in my fellowship can even produce.

Our fellowship has therefore decided not to take part at all. Whilst bringing Menhirok back up may be a better prize than travelling merchants it's not enough to make people want to set their development back a week or more due to all the goods handed over. Plus anyone who has not got up at least as far as the dwarf chapter will not want to hand over any relics at all as they are precious when people haven't exceeded 500.

By comparison the recent Valentine's quest we had offered a completely new and well designed prize and could be achieved easily without any cost to development.

I think that Fellowship Adventures is such a great concept to potentially bring people together and it saddens me that they can't manage to execute it in a sensible way. It either needs to be a) relatively easy to get to the end of the third run and the prizes for the top fellowships be made amazing and new or b) The prizes for just finishing the runs need to be amazing and new. Right now no element of that is being offered so there is no incentive to play.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Same for YOUtopia... No way we get into that.

1. The 1st prize will be bought by the capitalists from FS ranked 1st that I won't name... the 3rd prize is ridiculous as well as those after... not worthing it. There is no challenge when someone will buy the 1st place.
2. All those in Elementals need their T4 relics so they don't produce any more PoP spells and those close to it would better do as well... We are an old FS with lots of advanced players in this case.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5942

to be perfectly frank i think that the fellowship adventures are fun but not worth the effort for small fellowships. my fellowship plays for fun and has no chance of winning any of the prizes for the top fellowships which i suppose is fair enough if we were not having to put in the same effort/resources as the top fellowships. I do not have an answer as to how the adventures could be made fairer for all but feel that something should be done to level the playing field

I asked a question and so far have had 19 people reply with responses for 22 separate fellowships.

Is the fellowship your in participating in the upcoming FA?

Yes = 1
Maybe = 2
Only 1 Route = 1
No = 18 (81.81%)

Says it all doesn't it.

i will not be taking part and i would be very surprised if anyone else from my fellowsip took part

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
Our fellowship is participating (only those fellows that wish, but this appears to be the majority), just for fun, no pressure. We will get as far as we get, enjoy the cooperation, practice our quest line scrolling "skills", and simply have something to do before the spring event.

Actually, we placed much higher in the rankings last time that we ever thought we would, not that we care. I believe this was because many other fellowships had opted out. Come to think about it, this might have actually been a strategy on the part of Inno, or it may have just been a side effect. The more fellowships that opt-out, the better folks will do that choose to opt-in.

I have specifically advised my group not to do anything that hampers their normal progression through the game. Anything we get out of it will be gravy.

Syanid

Adventurer
Same for YOUtopia... No way we get into that.

1. The 1st prize will be bought by the capitalists from FS ranked 1st that I won't name... the 3rd prize is ridiculous as well as those after... not worthing it. There is no challenge when someone will buy the 1st place.
2. All those in Elementals need their T4 relics so they don't produce any more PoP spells and those close to it would better do as well... We are an old FS with lots of advanced players in this case.

Hi,

We spent a little amount of diamonds only that time when you tried a sneak attack.(changing your FS name to 'proud to be 2nd') and putting a huge amount of badges just 3 min before end.
The other 2 adventures we won without any diamonds.(we won all 3)

We will not participate this time because of bad rewards.
Also not the best time for FA,when you have a new guest race and your free space is full of settlements.
Go ahead Ton you can win now :-D

Dragons of Pern

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Hi,

We spent a little amount of diamonds only that time when you tried a sneak attack.(changing your FS name to 'proud to be 2nd') and putting a huge amount of badges just 3 min before end.
The other 2 adventures we won without any diamonds.(we won all 3)

We will not participate this time because of bad rewards.
Also not the best time for FA,when you have a new guest race and your free space is full of settlements.
Go ahead Ton you can win now :-D

Dragons of Pern
Thanxs Syanid but our most motivated players spent hours and hours during the first adventure to make missing badges, coordinate the other passing fellows and waited until the last minute to make that sneak attack that was the only way to have a little chance to beat diamonds... with the results you know. As side effect, 10 of us were on their knees for 3 days.

After that we lost 2 of our best players and our FS sank slowly in lethargy... We can't recover the energy we had for the first FA and due to the poor rewards, we stopped to care about, we will never retrieve the high players/room for extra factories/motivation we managed to combine at that moment... It was a one-shot.

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
I think a few of the players in my FS are going to take part but it will just be for a bit of fun and they will get as far as they get. I will not even be looking at it as i do not think the rewards are worth the effort. I have just finished woodelves chapter so have a lot of free space just now but im not going to build anything just for this FA.

DeletedUser664

Thanxs Syanid but our most motivated players spent hours and hours during the first adventure to make missing badges, coordinate the other passing fellows and waited until the last minute to make that sneak attack that was the only way to have a little chance to beat diamonds... with the results you know. As side effect, 10 of us were on their knees for 3 days.

After that we lost 2 of our best players and our FS sank slowly in lethargy... We can't recover the energy we had for the first FA and due to the poor rewards, we stopped to care about, we will never retrieve the high players/room for extra factories/motivation we managed to combine at that moment... It was a one-shot.

You forget to mention that at the time of the first FA a newly accepted member of our fellowship was passing information to your FS about where we were at. We slowed down our builds because you had conceded the contest, and you knew that because of that player. A lot of our fellowship had cleared buildings in order to make badges, that took a long time to recover for us as well.

But like Syanid said, we're not going to compete in the FA this time. It's not too late to make a run for it...

Some people like to bash on players that choose to buy diamonds. Just remember, if it weren't for the players that buy the diamonds, you wouldn't have a game to play.

DeletedUser4456

Hmm I thought they posted that they had greatly reduced the number of relics needed - and they have, from absolutely totally impossible to just totally impossible. As for the prizes they have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. I didn't think the first ones were great, but the travelling merchants were worse - I don't even go for those in the quests - but now, they are asking us to part with relics and goods for a few KP's for an AW really !!. It's a shame as the adventures have potential, the first one was good and got my fellowship co-operating and chatting - but there is a limit to a players goodwill. We will only be participating as far as the relics - if there is no work around then we'll probably not get very far