• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unlearn a Technology

Sir Derf

Adept
For all those people who regret Research the optional Squad Size Technologies, how about a mechanism to allow you to unlearn a Technology?

Maybe a rare item from the Spire? Or a Special from an Event?

This could also prove possibly useful for End-of-game players with quests that ask for "or Research 1 Technology", as the ability to unlearn a tech would then allow you to relearn it.

Pauly7

Magus
It would certainly be nice to have. I think it has been asked for in the past also.

Similarly it would sometimes be nice to revert a building to its previous level, if you upgraded it by mistake or changed your mind.

cwgiii

Shaman
Both would be very helpful. Although, I doubt Inno would go for it.

There are many examples of "forgotten" or lost technologies in many civilizations that later become rediscovered by future civilizations.

And structures could become "neglected" to fall back or degrade.

I like the concepts.

Gargon667

Mentor
Of course nice idea, has been suggested many times and so far never been done. But I think the Teleport had been denied and guaranteed to never happen more often than anything else and well you know the end of that story.
keep asking!