• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Universal Evolving Artifact

McBratty

Enchanter
Back in the mists of time we recieved the Phoenix bird as an evolving building during an event. Probably one of the best evolving buildings that they produced. Everyone worked like mad to get all the spells to upgrade it to the max before the event ended.
Since then, many people have joined Elvenar/set up additional cities ( me) and werent lucky enough to be around to have gained this building. Then, wonderously, they added it to the items that can be crafted in the MA! Imagine my excitement in my tiny city in Winyandor as I saved up spell fragments and hoarded cataylst spells to wait for it to come around....and eventually it did! It was like Christmas arrived early! I was so excited I even opened a bottle of wine to celebrate getting my Phoenix. I was looking forward to being able to contribute more to the FS tournaments.....till I realized I didnt have any artifacts to evolve the sodding thing! So the cork went back into the bottle and I sat wondering why Inno teased me in such a way. Provide the building but no way to increase the level.
This got me thinking about all the other evolving buildings since then that people were unable to evolve fully sitting there a sad reflection of what could be a glorious sight of a fully evolved building. Why not allow us to craft a universal artifact which can be used to evolve any set building apart from the latest? It would solve the problem of people who joined after the Phoenix was first offered crafting it in the MA and not being able to evolve it. It would help those who, for whatever reason, were unable to evolve other buildings from other events. Wouldnt this just make us love you a bit Inno? Hell I would be able to get the cork back out of the wine bottle and start the celebration which was cut short! Come on Inno, as a Christmas present to us all, bring out a Universal Evolving Artifact....cheers!

Pauly7

Magus
You make a very good point, though the issue at hand has been discussed a lot. Inno proudly announced the option to craft Phoenixes, but no new artefacts have been offered since a month after that event (was it Spring?) If they don't have a plan to do something similar to your suggestion then the crafting option was the most monumentally pointless idea... So maybe there's hope.

The cynic in me says that they are just clogging the crafting menu with more useless rubbish so that we're less likely to get things we want, to slow our progress.

DeletedUser8409

They've said they want Artifacts to be rare to make sure people play the events but yes the idea of then having crafting options makes it strange.

Personally I think a Universal Artifact would be a good idea for Challenges/Fellowship Adventures which rewards Artifacts. That way they will still be very rare but you're rewarded what you need for competing in a Fellowship Adventure rather than an Artifact that could be entirely useless to you. This wouldn't be possible to abuse as during events its possible to win more evolving buildings but its not possible to do so outside of events.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
For players who started after the Phoenix event it was possible to get artifacts (in a challenge, I believe) without having the building. After receiving complaints about this fact, Inno added recipes for crafting Phoenixes. Now some players complain that they can craft Phoenixes but not get (enough) artifacts.

IMHO, having both the building and the artifacts readily available anytime devalues the grand prize that it was. There are issues with the Phoenixes but I do not think that making artifacts available in quantities is a solution.

cwgiii

Shaman
For players who started after the Phoenix event it was possible to get artifacts (in a challenge, I believe) without having the building. After receiving complaints about this fact, Inno added recipes for crafting Phoenixes. Now some players complain that they can craft Phoenixes but not get (enough) artifacts.

IMHO, having both the building and the artifacts readily available anytime devalues the grand prize that it was. There are issues with the Phoenixes but I do not think that making artifacts available in quantities is a solution.

I agree.

IF, Inno does decide to add artifacts back into the crafting mix. I would hope that they would include code to detect players that have the evolving buildings (and would be interested in artifacts), vs. those players that do not (and would not be interested in such artifacts). That way, folks would not be inundated with items in crafting that they are never going to use.

Just a thought.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
When such a ridiculously overpowered item is offered once only (I saw top 10 tourney scores increase by 50% overnight) it is really unfair to those who started after the event, or just happened to be away a bit that month.

Even if the general policy is to keep artifacts rare, an exception should be made to allow everyone to get 1 (and no more than 1!) fully evolved fire phoenix because without it, you just can't compete.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
It's unfair if some players have a game changing item while others do not have the chance to get one ever. It's unfair too if one player has to go through an event with hard extra quests while the other gets the very same via some crafting. And it's unfair if the building is taken away from those who have it (or nerfed into meaninglessness).

Either way someone will be disadvantaged. A massively overpowered building like the Fire Phoenix should have never made it into the game.

McBratty

Enchanter
Im not saying to have them regularly appearing in the MA but once in a while it would be fantastic. Those who joined after the event which offered the Phoenix are really disadvantaged in tournaments as there has been nothing offered since that does what the Phoenix does. Or else just offer them as prizes during the FA, that alone might motivate more people to get involved in the FA again if they knew they could actually get an artifact they can use.

DeletedUser4878

Was wondering if it possible to use diamonds to upgrade and evolve them!

DeletedUser8532

Im not saying to have them regularly appearing in the MA but once in a while it would be fantastic. Those who joined after the event which offered the Phoenix are really disadvantaged in tournaments as there has been nothing offered since that does what the Phoenix does. Or else just offer them as prizes during the FA, that alone might motivate more people to get involved in the FA again if they knew they could actually get an artifact they can use.
i agree with you but spare a thought for us players that have been playing for years! we finally get simia sappiens and timewarp aw which help us in tournaments/troop building and then inno bring out the phoenix and bears! we can all see how the tournament scores have risen since. also greatly helps the top players push accounts. i wouldnt wait to pop that cork out ,why waste good wine waiting for inno to do the right thing,never gonna happen lol :)

DeletedUser8586

I think it would be great if, once we complete the final evolve of future Events, the next Evolve could be a choice of evolve artifacts from previous Events....
Although, admittedly, this would not help newer players who are unlikely to be able to complete an Event...

OldHag

Necromancer
I don't think it would have hurt them to put a few of these artefacts in amongst the christmas presents (event).

Timneh

Artisan
Interesting that some people think it is unfair that people that joined the game after the phoenix event are at a disadvantage if they can not get a fire phoenix through crafting and i agree that they probably are but should that not also apply to people that joined the game after all the set buildings events ? Some people have said on this forum that because of set buildings they have been able to sell all workshops and some manufactories. Does that not make it unfair that people that started the game after those events need to have all workshops and manufactories and are therefore at a space disadvantage ? Just a thought.

DeletedUser8632

Interesting that some people think it is unfair that people that joined the game after the phoenix event are at a disadvantage if they can not get a fire phoenix through crafting and i agree that they probably are but should that not also apply to people that joined the game after all the set buildings events ? Some people have said on this forum that because of set buildings they have been able to sell all workshops and some manufactories. Does that not make it unfair that people that started the game after those events need to have all workshops and manufactories and are therefore at a space disadvantage ? Just a thought.

No. The effective difference is that - unlike for the set buildings - there is no alternative to the Fire Phoenix.