• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unfair system of KP rewards

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I'm online a lot, but I still lose KP's that way. I honestly don't have a clue in how many AW's I've helped or when they get ready. I'm usually pretty good with planning, but there's so many wonders in my fellowship. I try to help as many as I can (within reason of course) and I still get plenty of those rewards.

Thumbs up for this idea.

DeletedUser1829

The current system would have been the simplest to implement to get things moving, hopefully they plan an update to improve it.

A player on Beta has made a suggestion for a kind of KP packet to be given so a person can open at their own discretion (FOE has something similar I believe). As the beta forum has an active review of ideas there is a chance that the idea will be forwarded to the devs but it will need enough players to support it when it comes up for voting, sadly there are not a large number of people on beta who vote for ideas. So feel free to lurk beta for ideas you want to support ;)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
The current system would have been the simplest to implement to get things moving, hopefully they plan an update to improve it.

A player on Beta has made a suggestion for a kind of KP packet to be given so a person can open at their own discretion (FOE has something similar I believe). As the beta forum has an active review of ideas there is a chance that the idea will be forwarded to the devs but it will need enough players to support it when it comes up for voting, sadly there are not a large number of people on beta who vote for ideas. So feel free to lurk beta for ideas you want to support ;)
You're true, on FOE, when you get KPs as reward, they go to your inventory like the buildings you gain or the blueprints... so you can spend them at will ;)

DeletedUser219

I am not quite sure what the moaning is about. The only KP that are lost are the ones that are handed out FOR FREE to encourage people to log back into the game. If you are due a KP award from your own efforts, you are going to be logging back in anyway, so no incentive is needed. Any KP you have EARNED are added to your store regardless of the state of the bar, so you lose none of those.

I am probably showing my age, but I can't understand complaining about not getting something you have not earned.o_O

Killiak

Artisan
He means that the 10KP bar = Free KP.
Something that is free and infinite can, technically, never be lost.

The KP you get as a reward for your effort (Wonder, Event etc etc) is never lost, but always added and stacks with everything.

Regardless, I personally do like the idea of KP rewards becoming KP-packets you can click to open.

DeletedUser1829

I don't think that it requires players' voting. The current system is an obvious ordinary robbery and the devs have to correct their mistake in the game's concept without any side suggestions.

The voting is simply the process of getting ideas moved through beta to the devs. It isn't to say they haven't thought of the ideas themselves it is just the method that was implemented to get player ideas passed along. The down side is good ideas may not get passed through due to a lack of participation rather then no one wanting it.

DeletedUser

wouldnt a better system just to be to increase the cap of 10kp points? put it at 50 or something. Then there would be no need for that spell that gives you 20kp cap. There is no reason in my mind to stockpile like 40kp at a time for example so I dont see a problem every arising unless you somehow let the bar fill up to 50. Imo thats jusy laziness though.

if you wanted to see some kp in your bar for whatever reason you could just have a stockpile of 10/50 or even 20/50 i guess. Personally i just clear the bar whenever im online, and im checking it at least once every 3 hours because I cycle through "gain 60k coins + 2 advanced tools" repeatedly and have 10 workshops. I am also checking hourly though because i have a magic workshop that is set to do bread
while i agree that works if you're just putting your kp into the tree, things become a bit more complicated once you're working on the guest race and tech blocked or sitting at the end of the tree waiting for the next guest race to come along as many of us are.

I had 54 kp earlier from doing the tournament, I don't want to put them into my own AW but into the AW's of my fellowship using the 5kp chain, but while I'm waiting I don't get the hourly ones. In this instance it was solved quickly, but there will be times when the tournament finishes and the fellowship has 15 or 30kp as a reward, people may be out or asleep and those kp come into the "kp bank" until such time as they can be used and in the meantime the hourly kp are stopped as the bank is full.

I do get that you are around a lot of the daytime, as am I at the moment, but I'm sure you aren't awake all night or that there are times when you've gone out and then the bar could fill without you knowing and then you lose kp.

I think there are 2 types of kp - those you earn, that you get for yourself, they can come from the hourly kp, from the world map or clearing the provinces in tournaments, from buy with gold, kp or goods; and then the second type is those you get as a reward, from the tournament ending, from donating to someone else's AW, from an event and those are the ones that we should received either as packages of a set amount or separate to the first type.

DeletedUser538

wouldnt a better system just to be to increase the cap of 10kp points? put it at 50 or something. Then there would be no need for that spell that gives you 20kp cap. There is no reason in my mind to stockpile like 40kp at a time for example so I dont see a problem every arising unless you somehow let the bar fill up to 50. Imo thats jusy laziness though.

if you wanted to see some kp in your bar for whatever reason you could just have a stockpile of 10/50 or even 20/50 i guess. Personally i just clear the bar whenever im online, and im checking it at least once every 3 hours because I cycle through "gain 60k coins + 2 advanced tools" repeatedly and have 10 workshops. I am also checking hourly though because i have a magic workshop that is set to do bread
now that makes more sense

Deleted User - 384643

Just like in FoE the KP that you win should go into your inventory and not automatcially added to your KP bar. I don't think it would take a lot of programming work to make this happen.

Susie49

Soothsayer
Just tried to double up an Inspiring Meditation spell and found that I can only use one at a time. I wanted to extend my KP bar to 30 but cannot. Having read all the threads on the subject I cannot see much advantage in making a 20 KP bar last for more than 2 days as you would definitely be losing time-generated KP by then, and you allegedly never lose KP generated by other means, do you?