• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unfair system of KP rewards

DeletedUser

If you have the Inspiring Meditation spell working then it brings you up to 20kp storage, but of course you still have the same problem when winning kp from another's AW or at the end of a tournament if your FS has won them because once it hits 20 you no longer get the 1 kp per hour.

Killiak

Artisan
As far as I know, KP you win through anything other (tourney, event etc) than the KP Timer bar stacks up on top of everything and is never lost.
Could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean exactly, perhaps with screenshots?

DeletedUser2884

What he means is that if I win 10 kp from someone completing an AW and I had 1 kp on the bar yes it stacks and I have 11 kp waiting.
However the bar is full the next in xx:xx timer stops counting down and I do not receive any more kp each hour as normal.
So now say I am gone 4 hours I have lost 4 kp that I would have gained effectively reducing the value of the reward.
Winning a KP package from an AW, the Tournament, an Event should go into the inventory bag as a Reward pack not put onto the KP bar.
That is how it works in FOE another Inno game and that way you do not lose any Earned KP.

KermitsDad

Alchemist
When any rewards arrive for a player they should not just be lumped in with the existing stocks but should remain separate until such time as the player chooses to add the rewards to his stocks.

Rewards could be made to show as icons within a notification message and only when the player chooses to click the icon(s) do the rewards transfer from the notification message to the players stocks.

Regarding the KP timer and bar I notice that anytime, even momentarily that the bar is full that not only does the 1 hour timer stop BUT it also resets the timer to a full hour again.

Why does this matter ?
Well, supposing you are at 9 KP points on the bar and the timer is at 57 mins. i.e. you will get 1 more KP in 3 minutes.

If at this time you gain 1 KP point from an encounter what happens is that the point from the encounter makes the bar full and this causes the timer to stop and reset.
End result: The KP point you were about to get within in a couple of minutes or so, is totally lost.

DeletedUser3075

Close, but KP "won" are not truncated at 10. The problem is those which are earned by time after the 10 is full vanish.

it only affects people who will be spending more than 10 hours away from their computer...which isnt many people lol. To hazard a guess I'd say the average person will check on this game at least once in a 10 hour period. The only time I see that bar greyed out is when i go to sleep when i had like 3-4 points or something...or just have a lie-in

DeletedUser2884

it only affects people who will be spending more than 10 hours away from their computer...which isnt many people lol. To hazard a guess I'd say the average person will check on this game at least once in a 10 hour period. The only time I see that bar greyed out is when i go to sleep when i had like 3-4 points or something...or just have a lie-in

Wrong if you have an empty bar and log out and 1 minute later you get a 10 kp award from someone finishing their AW that 10 kp goes to the bar and you lose any kp for any amount of time you are gone be it 1 hour or 10.
The point is rewards should be separate from the Normal KP timer. just like award buildings from an event do not get added to the city but to your inventory bag so should rewards of KP until you chose to use them.

DeletedUser3075

Wrong if you have an empty bar and log out and 1 minute later you get a 10 kp award from someone finishing their AW that 10 kp goes to the bar and you lose any kp for any amount of time you are gone be it 1 hour or 10.
The point is rewards should be separate from the Normal KP timer. just like award buildings from an event do not get added to the city but to your inventory bag so should rewards of KP until you chose to use them.

um how often are you gonna get given 10kp as you go to sleep? rarely. Also its not hard to check the aws you have supported and find out if its close to upgrading. If one is 105/109 its reaosnable that could finish very soon, as oppose to one which is 27/109. what im saying is with a bit of prior planning you could time it so you get the 10kp, and then go to bed for example.

what are you classing as rewards? Any other kp ive ever got is added on top of the 10. the only kp i lose are ones that are coming in every hour whilst the bar is maxed out. If im at 10 on the bar and afk i cant complete a privince, or cater in a tournament, or visit a city for potential kp in the chests either. you must be referring to some otehr method where you recieve kp while you are afk, and im just not convinced that happens frequently, or cant be avoided with a little planning beforehand?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1353

As someone who trades a lot of KP with my FS I can say that it happens more often than one might think that KP gets wasted because of awards that are recieved when I'm offline. And there's not really any way "planning" when other players finish an AW research that would help me.

If I get a 5 KP award right after I go to bed that reward will be totally useless, would be a great addition to the game if they changed it so we get any rewards when we log in instead.

DeletedUser

um how often are you gonna get given 10kp as you go to sleep? rarely. Also its not hard to check the aws you have supported and find out if its close to upgrading. If one is 105/109 its reaosnable that could finish very soon, as oppose to one which is 27/109. what im saying is with a bit of prior planning you could time it so you get the 10kp, and then go to bed for example.

what are you classing as rewards? Any other kp ive ever got is added on top of the 10. the only kp i lose are ones that are coming in every hour whilst the bar is maxed out. If im at 10 on the bar and afk i cant complete a privince, or cater in a tournament, or visit a city for potential kp in the chests either. you must be referring to some otehr method where you recieve kp while you are afk, and im just not convinced that happens frequently, or cant be avoided with a little planning beforehand?
The number of kp from AW depends on the level, it isn't just 5 or 10kp which are given as a reward - I have had 35kp and yes its really annoying if it comes in during the night because I have no idea when a person might be levelling an AW and can hardly stay up all night just in case!

If I have 2 kp on my bar but know I'm only going out for 4 hours then I may decide not to use them, then I get 10kp as a reward for helping with an AW and suddenly the bar is full, I don't get the extra 4 when I'm out and then the reward I received goes down to 6.

Some people are out for more than 10 hours a day and are therefore unable to collect yes they could use an Inspiring Meditation spell but it only lasts 48 hours and you can't do several at a time to cover a whole week for instance.

If rewards were set aside in 5kp packages for instance then we could use them as and when we choose and won't lose the 1kp per hour.

DeletedUser3075

The number of kp from AW depends on the level, it isn't just 5 or 10kp which are given as a reward - I have had 35kp and yes its really annoying if it comes in during the night because I have no idea when a person might be levelling an AW and can hardly stay up all night just in case!

If I have 2 kp on my bar but know I'm only going out for 4 hours then I may decide not to use them, then I get 10kp as a reward for helping with an AW and suddenly the bar is full, I don't get the extra 4 when I'm out and then the reward I received goes down to 6.

Some people are out for more than 10 hours a day and are therefore unable to collect yes they could use an Inspiring Meditation spell but it only lasts 48 hours and you can't do several at a time to cover a whole week for instance.

If rewards were set aside in 5kp packages for instance then we could use them as and when we choose and won't lose the 1kp per hour.

i agree that losing kp rewards is unfar, i just very rarely see it, and when i do its just a single kp or two lost from tome based ones. If I am going out at all (work or not), or going to sleep i just empty the kp bar. i also look at the AW i have helped and if they are very close to finishing, ill just finish it for them. I have a smimilar sort of gripe...ive used a spell for supplies (which lasts 10 hours). say it has 6 hours left, but then i wanna go to sleep, or go out for 7 hours...yet there is only a 3 or a 9...so doing a 3 means you waste 3 hours of priductions, and doing a 9 means you lose the spell effect, but again imo i should have just pre planned better.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Reward of knowledge points for help in Ancient Wonders and for the tournaments are often partly or even entirely lost because of the restriction in 10KP when the finishing occurs and the player is offline. They have to be added in time when the player is in game to be able to get full reward after a confirmation dialogue with details (what and from whom). This another strange feature of the game depreciates these rewards. I understand it's beneficial to the developers but the idea is rotten.
I fully agree on some way to hold rewarded KPs until player connexion, no to waste the hourly ones... ;)
+1:p

DeletedUser3075

wouldnt a better system just to be to increase the cap of 10kp points? put it at 50 or something. Then there would be no need for that spell that gives you 20kp cap. There is no reason in my mind to stockpile like 40kp at a time for example so I dont see a problem every arising unless you somehow let the bar fill up to 50. Imo thats jusy laziness though.

if you wanted to see some kp in your bar for whatever reason you could just have a stockpile of 10/50 or even 20/50 i guess. Personally i just clear the bar whenever im online, and im checking it at least once every 3 hours because I cycle through "gain 60k coins + 2 advanced tools" repeatedly and have 10 workshops. I am also checking hourly though because i have a magic workshop that is set to do bread

DeletedUser2884

um how often are you gonna get given 10kp as you go to sleep? rarely.

Fairly often in a FS that is active and has a KP club set up.
But it does not matter if it happens once Kp rewards from events, Aw completions, Tournaments shoul;d not go on the KP bar and interupt the normal hourly gain of kp that just causes a reduction in the value of the award.

and im checking it at least once every 3 hours because I cycle through "gain 60k coins + 2 advanced tools" repeatedly and have 10 workshops. I am also checking hourly though because i have a magic workshop that is set to do bread

Yes the system as is is perfect for people that can be on the game round the clock.
Not true for people with other responsibilities.

DeletedUser3034

Might a newer player ask what a KP club is and how it works?