• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unfair penalty for inactivity.

• Thread starter DeletedUser3053
  • Start date

DeletedUser3053

I didn't want to raise this as a ticket, But I wondered what other people think. In the UK, schools get a 6 week holiday in the summer, that's around 42 days plus the weekends. Now, cities are deleted after 30 days of inactivity and I sort of get that, because nobody wants loads of inactive cities in their area. However, I had two teachers in my fellowship who were really keen players who decided to do the "holiday of a lifetime" and on their return, they found out that they had lost their cities. One was so depressed about it that they decided to give up immediately and the other tried to get their city back but was told it couldn't be done, this is completely untrue, Inno just didn't want to do it. Can I suggest that after 30 days of no activity the city gets moved and replaced on the map by a more active city, but keeps their city and fellowship membership. If a city goes 180 days without activity then archive it. People get ill, get posted abroad, go undercover, go into witness protection, or even go to jail! Why make their lives worse by taking away their city? They could easily become paying customers when they come back if they need to catch up! I lost half my fellowship because of this policy, it also upset me because we were getting to work well as a team and I had traded millions of goods to them to build them up on the minimum trade rules. Please comment on this, am I alone in thinking this is wrong?

DeletedUser3255

Paragraphed ....
For easier reading :)

I didn't want to raise this as a ticket, But I wondered what other people think. In the UK, schools get a 6 week holiday in the summer, that's around 42 days plus the weekends.

Now, cities are deleted after 30 days of inactivity and I sort of get that, because nobody wants loads of inactive cities in their area.

However, I had two teachers in my fellowship who were really keen players who decided to do the "holiday of a lifetime" and on their return, they found out that they had lost their cities.

One was so depressed about it that they decided to give up immediately and the other tried to get their city back but was told it couldn't be done, this is completely untrue, Inno just didn't want to do it.

Can I suggest that after 30 days of no activity the city gets moved and replaced on the map by a more active city, but keeps their city and fellowship membership.
If a city goes 180 days without activity then archive it.

People get ill, get posted abroad, go undercover, go into witness protection, or even go to jail!

Why make their lives worse by taking away their city? They could easily become paying customers when they come back if they need to catch up!

I lost half my fellowship because of this policy, it also upset me because we were getting to work well as a team and I had traded millions of goods to them to build them up on the minimum trade rules.

Please comment on this, am I alone in thinking this is wrong?

Hekata

Artisan
Honestly this is the first time that I hear that cities get deleted that fast especially if they were not chapter 1 cities. In my neighbourhood I have cities that have been there from before I joined (so about 3 years ago) and they are still there, as inactive as they have been 3 years ago.
If they are now deleting cities that fast then in general it's a good idea to clear the map a bit, but your idea to move them to a less active neighbourhood (especially if they are not beginners cities) for a while longer is good.

Deleted User - 1759805

It was always a month, however, if someone bought any diamonds or reached chapter 4 (IIRC), then those cities persist indefinitely. If they were only in chapter 4 or below, it doesn't take too long to rebuild (minus event buildings).

Deleted User - 1634960

The 'lock-in' point is Chapter III, specifically completing Advanced Scouts in that Chapter. This takes about two weeks of regular, if casual, game play, less with the help of a good fellowship (or a good Archmage, at least).

@Technomage if this was intended as a suggestion, please ask @Dizzy Lizzie to move the thread to the proper area. ;)

DeletedUser8409

That's not the point though.
Sure it is. I'd guess 99.99% of players who register, never make it Chapter 3 Advanced Scouts and go over a month without logging in don't intend to return. And if they do they can recreate their progress within a fortnight. No big deal better than having a map full of players who decided the game wasn't for them in chapters 1 and 2.

DeletedUser5023

I have to say I was in Chapter 2, almost chapter 3 when my father passed. It hit me harder than I thought it would. When I felt better after about 6 months, I had to restart my city, very annoying, I was actually doing the KPs for the chest starting chapter 3.

This last November my computer died. I didn't get a new one till Christmas, and it died before Thanksgiving (US). I do like the idea of getting my city back if I come back before a year is up since last login, or something like that.

My point is life happens and it can interfere with your gameplay.

DeletedUser

The 'lock-in' point is Chapter III, specifically completing Advanced Scouts in that Chapter. This takes about two weeks of regular, if casual, game play,

No idea when you started a new city the last time, but it takes about 3 weeks of intense playing to reach that, let alone casual.

DeletedUser1874

I agree with the idea of moving inactives in "inactive territory", also because they're detrimental to those around them, especially little cities with few trading opportunities. However:

Honestly this is the first time that I hear that cities get deleted that fast especially if they were not chapter 1 cities. In my neighbourhood I have cities that have been there from before I joined (so about 3 years ago) and they are still there, as inactive as they have been 3 years ago.
If they are now deleting cities that fast then in general it's a good idea to clear the map a bit, but your idea to move them to a less active neighbourhood (especially if they are not beginners cities) for a while longer is good.
Same. I actually just checked and they're still there, some of them in very early chapters, and with no visible diamond purchases (no premium buildings, no BH or MA upgrade, no premium expansions). So this puzzles me. Are cities deleted at random, I wonder?

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
Sure it is. I'd guess 99.99% of players who register, never make it Chapter 3 Advanced Scouts and go over a month without logging in don't intend to return. And if they do they can recreate their progress within a fortnight. No big deal better than having a map full of players who decided the game wasn't for them in chapters 1 and 2.

You don't know what I meant, but, that's fine. ;)

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
It is possible that some of the small cities that do not get deleted are from a player on the same server but a different world, If that is the correct term. As in their main is on Arendyll but smaller test cities on Wyn or Fel, which get forgotten.