• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

unfair odds

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I have a major complaint with this event!! It's the fight and win encounters,in my smallest city I am now frozen in the event as it is IMPOSSIBLE to win the 4 fight and win encounters I have literaly run my troops down to 0. It's that the squad sizes are too disproportionate and I can't win..won 3 but there is no way to gain the fourth. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I just feel it's unfair on smaller cities to require an impossible quest.So in short I am now frozen for the rest of the event that's not right Bigger cities NP but small cities are now done in the event.

Turing

Bard
Isn't there an alternative of Use 2 Pet Food?
Apparently you can also disenchant pet food if you have no buildings you can actually use it on

gathsdell

Soothsayer
hmm yes good thought just I don't have pets so never bothered to craft pet food. I guess if it comes up twice I'll do that

Pauly7

Magus
I always look to the alternative, if there is one, as @Turing says. It's always possible to get more pet food, even if you have to wait for it. You can otherwise get through most of the quests in a few days, so plenty of time.

Where province encounters go, they don't need to be impossible to win, even for newer cities. There are a few possible problems. The first is that you may have scouted way way further than you needed to at this stage. If that's the case then yes, the fighting may have gotten difficult. The second possibility is that you haven't completed all your optional squad size upgrades. If not then you should do them. The last (and maybe most likely) possibility is that you are quite near the point where you open the next chapter. In the early game there can be quite a big swing in fighting difficulty as you move through the chapter. The good news is that you should be quite close to getting to the next 'advanced scouts' tech. If you are, then completing it can changing things quite noticeably.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
yea I know it's just frustrating beating my head against the wall :)) guess I should have crafted PF even if I don't have a pet just to have on hand!!

gathsdell

Soothsayer
yep guess that's the solution or in 3 or 4 more researsh blocks I'll have 2 squad upgrades that shoul help

Cheryn

Bard
I have a major complaint with this event!! It's the fight and win encounters,in my smallest city I am now frozen in the event as it is IMPOSSIBLE to win I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I just feel it's unfair on smaller cities to require an impossible quest.

Same place as you friend. I have a smaller city and there is no way to complete the quest. OR, if i can, I will have to go WAY around the barn to do it and take MILES of time out of the real game, which I simply will NOT DO. I totally agree with you, it's not fair to a small game. But of course, I bet these devs know that we all have two or more cities going. So... whatever, in their minds. I just worry about the REAL little city that is just joined. Knew I loved Pauly7's mind!

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I always look to the alternative, if there is one, as @Turing says. It's always possible to get more pet food, even if you have to wait for it. You can otherwise get through most of the quests in a few days, so plenty of time.

Where province encounters go, they don't need to be impossible to win, even for newer cities. There are a few possible problems. The first is that you may have scouted way way further than you needed to at this stage. If that's the case then yes, the fighting may have gotten difficult. The second possibility is that you haven't completed all your optional squad size upgrades. If not then you should do them. The last (and maybe most likely) possibility is that you are quite near the point where you open the next chapter. In the early game there can be quite a big swing in fighting difficulty as you move through the chapter. The good news is that you should be quite close to getting to the next 'advanced scouts' tech. If you are, then completing it can changing things quite noticeably.
the problem is that the alternative ain't much better for many people combining fighting with petfood is a disaster

i am on that same task, and i have to agree, it is unfair on lower chapter players, i thought auto fight an encounter would count, but obviously not, i have the pet food option too, but i need my catalysts for something i want more in my game, so i guess that is the end of Mrs Sniffles and her misty forest for me. :rolleyes: correcting myself here, i did'nt realise that it is province encounters not tourney encounters that mrs Sniffles wants, but i am still stuck as my squads just cannot stand up to the might of the opponents, yet i have done the research, i usually cater for most, but i just don't have the goods for that. oh well :(

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
i am on that same task, and i have to agree, it is unfair on lower chapter players, i thought auto fight an encounter would count, but obviously not, i have the pet food option too, but i need my catalysts for something i want more in my game, so i guess that is the end of Mrs Sniffles and her misty forest for me. :rolleyes: correcting myself here, i did'nt realise that it is province encounters not tourney encounters that mrs Sniffles wants, but i am still stuck as my squads just cannot stand up to the might of the opponents, yet i have done the research, i usually cater for most, but i just don't have the goods for that. oh well :(
If you do have petfood you can also use one to make spellfragments if you lack a pet. but it still sucks

FieryArien

Necromancer
i thought auto fight an encounter would count, but obviously not
What do you mean by this? Auto fight is the only fight I can do in the app and that’s exactly how I passed the quest. If you won an encounter using auto fight and it didn’t add progress to the quest, you should contact support, so they can check and sort it out. (Note that it must be world province fight, not tournament or Spire.)

Pauly7

Magus
If the quest is to fight and win an encounter, then auto-fight counts, of course.

I am the first person to take exception if a quest or quest combination excludes certain people from completing it, but I don't think that this really counts. Some people are describing it as unfair to early game players, but that isn't really the case. Certain quests are easier or harder for players at different stages to complete, i.e. somewhere there will be a quest or two asking for a province to be scouted. For some later players this takes 5 days, but these same early game players may scout provinces in 5 minutes. The answer is - choose the alternative quest. If the alternative is also not reasonably playable, that's when there's a problem.

Fighting encounters may be impossible for some players - check - but if the alternative is to use a pet food, that isn't insurmountable by anyone. Pet foods will usually appear in the crafting menu once every day or two. Find one, craft it, use it (or disenchant it). You may not like the quest, but isn't impossible for anyone. Even if you have to wait a couple of days to complete the quest that won't really hurt any.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
If the quest is to fight and win an encounter, then auto-fight counts, of course.

I am the first person to take exception if a quest or quest combination excludes certain people from completing it, but I don't think that this really counts. Some people are describing it as unfair to early game players, but that isn't really the case. Certain quests are easier or harder for players at different stages to complete, i.e. somewhere there will be a quest or two asking for a province to be scouted. For some later players this takes 5 days, but these same early game players may scout provinces in 5 minutes. The answer is - choose the alternative quest. If the alternative is also not reasonably playable, that's when there's a problem.

Fighting encounters may be impossible for some players - check - but if the alternative is to use a pet food, that isn't insurmountable by anyone. Pet foods will usually appear in the crafting menu once every day or two. Find one, craft it, use it (or disenchant it). You may not like the quest, but isn't impossible for anyone. Even if you have to wait a couple of days to complete the quest that won't really hurt any.
Exept when the quest repeats, how often do we see on the forum. aaargh to few petfood topics?
This just makes it worse.
It's only a "mere 5 petfood" for you and me, but how to you think those people will look at it?

the moonstone library is a priority to me, so i won't waste valuable catalysts or spell fragments to make pet food, so i guess i am just stuck in the forest

gathsdell

Soothsayer
This all is exactly my point yes perhaps there are ways around impossible fights,however the option offered is not only uncomfortable but rather difficult. as we know. Yep I have other bigger cities but as has been stated what about the start up first time player WITH ONLY 1 small city.Most
Won't even know what to do they'll just quit,that's not right!! I think that at least a more feasable alt. would be appt perhaps 2 CC's or 4 for that matter something more practical for novice players.

i am a real newbie i only started playing the game on the 7th of September i have one City, and only just entering chapter 4, so i am finding it extremely difficult to get events done, the spire is too hard, i am glad to be in a great Fellowship of high and low chapter players, and they help a lot, if they did'nt i would probably have quit the game after a few weeks.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
Hang in there Traveler, it will get easier!! the game is worth it the first newbie city is rough I know!! but it will get better.Don't let certain imperfections in the system get you down!!

GypsyMe

Dreamer
I have the same problem. Stuck on quest now for 3 days. Use pet food 2x or fight and win 4 encounters
Magic academy has not brought up pet food for 3 days and fighting and winning encounters is not an option. Have tried fighting and it is a pointless effort, cannot win. no matter what i use. Ready to give up on this event. I agree, they should change the quests for small cities. My big cities i am way past that quest already