• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

unfair odds

Pauly7

Magus
Magic academy has not brought up pet food for 3 days and fighting and winning encounters is not an option
That's bad luck. On average you should see more than one a day if you're checking all crafting rotations. However, it's still nothing to panic about. I haven't even started any quests in this event yet. I'll pick it up when I fancy it because you can get through most of them in a few days.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
A solution that I haven't seen mentioned yet is crafting and using mage and light ranged attack boost buildings. Building just one of each can make difficult encounters easy and impossible ones possible. If you've never used them you'll be surprised at what those troops can do even to enemy types they wouldn't normally win against. When you get the spire open and win a dwarven armorer even better for winning fights. I think all of these buildings are underappreciated.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
Ruprecht i have never seen the buildings you mentioned, could you tell me where i would get them thnx

Magnificent Mage Multiplier, Enlightened Light Range, and Unleashed Unit Upgrade are crafted in the Magic Academy. Dwarven Armorer is won in the spire. They all last for 5 days.

MMM and ELR give 50% more attack power to their respective troop type. UUU gives a 25% increase in health points for all troops, and DA gives 50% more.

Military expiring buildings wiki page

SkyRider99

Mentor
I always view the events (and FAs) as an optional add-on to the game. Additional entertainment. My goal is to grow my city and support my fellowship, and have fun.

The higher chapters are not a whole lot of fun to complete I must admit.

Being in the top chapters doesn't make events, tournaments and spire any easier. It's often harder! When I get stymied on an event quest I just let it go.

But that's just me.

GypsyMe

Dreamer
Well, officially day 6 and still no pet food anywhere to be seen in my MA
Think this is where i draw the line with the Event, 6 days and no luck and only have 1 evolvement :(, just not worth it

Giraffi

Enchanter
@Mods, this looks like something that needs to be fed back to the developers - and, how about helping players out who are really stuck?

kimkimkim

Summoner
it could be just me but i have no problem with getting pet food....i always ensure that the 5th slot in the magic academy is free at all times.....if i do craft something from the 5th slot, then i immediately time boost it to finish it so that the slot becomes free again

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

kuku6

Adventurer
Seems inno nerf battlies with each update, early me can complete full spire without any buffs, now not sure it possible with fire phoenix (4 times lose in one gate), tournaments high cheat too, for example 10K inno mages kill my 15k archers with one hit, where is logic if archers and light melee units are created against mages, sad each day battles become moore unfair

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes it isn´t really intuitive that mages can beat archers, but you have to look at the deatails and it makes a lot of sense. I often use Mages to beat enemy LR :)
1. Mages are bigger units than LR, so 10k Mages are actually as strong as 30k LR troops.
2. It depends a lot on the type of LR troops we are talking about: regular elven barracks LR troops have 0 defense bonus against mages. So if you use your barracks LR to attack mages you have to make sure your strike first. (You have a 90% attack bonus). basically in this fight whoever strikes first wins. In general that should be your archers (higher initiative), but terrain obstacles can prevent you from hitting the enemy. In that case you may walk right into the line of fire of the mages and they´ll shred the LR troops.
If you have Rangers, you get a LR troop that is actually designed to eat mages for breakfast, they have both attack and defense bonus, they have double as strong defense down debuff for enemies and on top of that they have a bigger walking range.

So if you have trouble either use manual fight on the computer or use Rangers. Or hope for a better geography next time :)

Since you mention also LM troops: They suck at everything :) So yes they will also lose against mages, they lose against everybody. Dogs can stand up to mages, but nothing else, Drone Riders do OK (but not more than that) against LR troops and the barracks LM troops lose against absolutely everybody...

But all of that is not only bad, you can use it to your advantage, supercharged Blossom mages (or to a lesser degree barracks mages) can rip through basically everything you encounter (although you still want to avoide running into Mist Walkers and dogs).