• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Uneven Tournament Ability Between Small & Large Cities

DeletedUser

@Vetrinus I agree that catering the tournaments gets harder the further you advance in the game. As opposed to the fighters, there is very little you can do to compensate for the cost increase that comes with each squad size upgrade. I think it's not fair, but to be honest, I have no clue how this problem could possibly be solved. The way I see it, you have the choice to (auto-)fight or to live with less tournament rewards :(.

I'm with you with everything above, but this

smells a bit like pushing :oops:.

It's taking trades and helping with the tournaments, not pushing! I thought pushing was having more than one accounts and putting KPs in your own AWs.

Vetrinus said:
'Moreover, my production is, I expect, larger than that of the average player because I focused a lot on mountain halls/golden abyss, thus granting me nice boost in production and a large one in population, and on top of that, I also have a large number of magic residences and some of the best population-per-tile event buildings which I boosted with Royal Restoration, which allow me to have population enough to afford more manufactories than the average non-paying player for sure. Despite that I often have to do large cycles of MM spells just to bring my production back to positive values, so I'd say that there definitely is the problem with numbers.'

I used to make MM spells all the time but now I focus on Combining Catalyst spells so I can produce RR spells for upgrading. This is the flaw with the new Manifactury update, not enough time, which restricts what we can produce.

The cost curve is just too steep.

Last edited by a moderator:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I do not accuse anybody of anything, sorry if it sounded like this - my apologies.

I dunno... If you are in an 8 chest mixed FS as a chapter 14 player, would you rather
a) pay 200,000 of each tier of goods to get
  • 20 more KP,
  • 4 PoP spells and
  • 264 Tournament points or
b) give your chapter 4-6 fellows a total of 200,000 of each tier of goods so that they get a whole buttload of individual rewards, and your FS reaches the 10th chest, granting you more rewards than option "a" above?

Is it pushing when both sides massively benefit and get more than they would alone?

Hmmm... if I give all my goods to the small cities everything is fine since they get a reward too. It's charity. And the small ones can cater a lot more provinces than I could when I catered myself, since the costs are disproportionate.

I'm not so sure where the line is between valid strategy and something fishy.

Consider a fellowship, 25 members with 13 x level 2, 4 x level 3 and the top 3 inactive according to elvenstats (no progression in 2? weeks), reaching 10 chests every week. Strategy?
(To be clear: nobody here is in that fellowship!)

Consider a player, giving 20 KP each day into another players wonder. The wonder eventually fills, giving out rewards to the donor. Win-win? Strategy?

To me this all isn't so clear. I would have considered that donating goods to another player and let them cater my tourney is at least somewhat strange.

Guess I'm wrong...

DeletedUser6262

Develop fighting AWs as soon as they become available and craft 5 day troop boosters. Otherwise, you will need a tonne of goods for catering.

Deleted User - 341074

Consider a player, giving 20 KP each day into another players wonder. The wonder eventually fills, giving out rewards to the donor. Win-win? Strategy?
Technically? it's ok because inno defines pushing very narrowly and then doesn't even enforce based on that.
Me? I think anything uneven is unfair, and most of the time it's pretty obvious.

DeletedUser1414

I use Gem of knowledge to see what troops i need for each tourny and goods as well