• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

UNDO button

Cheryn

Bard
I am so tired of losing buildings while trying to improve the shape of my city and roadways. This MUST STOP! Why is THERE NOT a simple UNDO button for at least ONE key stroke? It should be 3-5 keystrokes you can back up on, but even ONE would have saved my city and my life more than once. This is ridiculous that you must SELL to ERASE a road. You need a simpler method for roads and paid ROADS especially!!!!! The game itself is already running newbies off. All about hurry up and WAIT--like you're going to the dang airport or something.

I have touch screen and it LOVES to remember some other place I touched on the screen earlier. This is enough to make SOME people QUIT or pull their hair out, or scratch their eyeballs out or bash their face into a door jamb. Come ON DEVS, give us an UNDO!!! I am crying here. I have protected this stupid little magic workshop for chapters now and it's POOF, gone now, with one mistaken keystroke!!!!! OMG, just let me die. :::rotf kicking my feet, pounding my fists, slamming my head into the wall::: ARRRGH! Yesterday I killed my Triumph of the Sea....I needed it!!!! I loved it; and now they are both just gone because you all don't believe in ONE undo or back that ass up.

Very unhappy camper here and I have put a lot of diamonds in this game. Should be an easier way to move roads. Most of the time you can't even see them. Y'all SUCK! (Not support, they are great.)
~Cheryn

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor
there´s a relatively new feature in the App version of the game that lets you hide the buildings. One can hope they´ll eventually introduce it to the browser as well.
Also don´t worry, devs never read the forum ;)
but your suggestion of an undo button has come up before, I can´t remember how it ended, other than that we still don´t have one of course lol.

Gargon667

Mentor
I assume an undo button would be a rather big project though. Things are not currently programmed in a way that they can be undone. Making the button is easy, but make it actually undo things isn´t that easy.
Right now the game can´t even cancel everything you have ongoing. Like for example you can cancel a building upgrade and get your invested resources back while it is ongoing, but you cannot cancel a scout you send out to explore. I think it had to do with effects that occur when the scout starts: Like you get supplies if you have a ToS. If you cancel the scout, you would have to give the supplies back, but what if you in the meantime have used up the supplies and nothing is left? It would create a loophole for unlimited supplies.
Now I am not saying it is impossible to program, I am only saying it is a lot more work than just to pop a button on a screen, which even I could do in 5 minutes. Programmers work their 8 hours as anyone else and they program what Inno tells them to program. So the one to get mad at in your case would be that Inno person: tell them to get their priorities straight!
Then again they are even less likely than a dev to read this forum and they´d be even more likely to laugh :D

Cheryn

Bard
Possibly not a suggestion you want to hear, but if you can clear a small space away from important buildings, you can move roads to the safer location before deleting the roads.
That's an excellent idea, however I am very low on space as it is, but I have actually thought about keeping a whole expansion unused for purposes just like that.

Cheryn

Bard
I assume an undo button would be a rather big project though. Things are not currently programmed in a way that they can be undone. Making the button is easy, but make it actually undo things isn´t that easy.
Right now the game can´t even cancel everything you have ongoing. Like for example you can cancel a building upgrade and get your invested resources back while it is ongoing, but you cannot cancel a scout you send out to explore. I think it had to do with effects that occur when the scout starts: Like you get supplies if you have a ToS. If you cancel the scout, you would have to give the supplies back, but what if you in the meantime have used up the supplies and nothing is left? It would create a loophole for unlimited supplies.
Now I am not saying it is impossible to program, I am only saying it is a lot more work than just to pop a button on a screen, which even I could do in 5 minutes. Programmers work their 8 hours as anyone else and they program what Inno tells them to program. So the one to get mad at in your case would be that Inno person: tell them to get their priorities straight!
Then again they are even less likely than a dev to read this forum and they´d be even more likely to laugh :D

I KNOW it's not just simply throwing a button on the screen! I'm not a complete idiot, I get the programming aspect for sure. What I'm saying is ONE keystroke undo, a SINGLE ACTION UNDO - not 3 or 10 minutes later in the game. Not even after you have touched something else. Seems to me a single action could easily be programmed, although I'm not a game developer. I do know that I completely froze when I zapped my magic workshop only about 24 hours after I wiped out my Triumph of the Sea. You are right- Innogames doesn't care, period. And right you are, I'm very sure they don't read these posts. I won't be replacing those buildings as I don't have diamonds right now or hopes of even buying any soon. And DON'T get me started on SCOUTS because right now I can't send one out, I have no province to encounter and my game lies to me about when another scout can go out. The whole stupid game lies. It will say that scouting becomes cheaper and encounters in provinces cheaper, but if you can't do either - scout or encounter in a province - What am I doing??? Hurrying up to WAIT! Arguing or reasoning with me is a losing endeavour as I have already formed my opinion and it can't be changed. ~C

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheryn

Bard
there´s a relatively new feature in the App version of the game that lets you hide the buildings. One can hope they´ll eventually introduce it to the browser as well.
Also don´t worry, devs never read the forum ;)
but your suggestion of an undo button has come up before, I can´t remember how it ended, other than that we still don´t have one of course lol.

Yeah, I heard the app is better in a lot of ways - maybe because it's so tiny. Also heard the Beta version is more fun to play because all the new things are introduced there. I couldn't even see the game on my phone, so I switched to my laptop. And I don't feel like being a guinea pig to have new stuff tested on, so guess I am stuck with this. I may find a new game though because I have one nerve left and this game just got on it. ~C

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Cheryn I'm certain this was raised not long ago and I believe this was put forward however, I don't believe it is something that they would look to do unfortunately :confused:

Kind Regards

Herodite.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I am so tired of losing buildings while trying to improve the shape of my city and roadways. This MUST STOP! Why is THERE NOT a simple UNDO button for at least ONE key stroke? It should be 3-5 keystrokes you can back up on, but even ONE would have saved my city and my life more than once. This is ridiculous that you must SELL to ERASE a road. You need a simpler method for roads and paid ROADS especially!!!!! The game itself is already running newbies off. All about hurry up and WAIT--like you're going to the dang airport or something.

I have touch screen and it LOVES to remember some other place I touched on the screen earlier. This is enough to make SOME people QUIT or pull their hair out, or scratch their eyeballs out or bash their face into a door jamb. Come ON DEVS, give us an UNDO!!! I am crying here. I have protected this stupid little magic workshop for chapters now and it's POOF, gone now, with one mistaken keystroke!!!!! OMG, just let me die. :::rotf kicking my feet, pounding my fists, slamming my head into the wall::: ARRRGH! Yesterday I killed my Triumph of the Sea....I needed it!!!! I loved it; and now they are both just gone because you all don't believe in ONE undo or back that ass up.

Very unhappy camper here and I have put a lot of diamonds in this game. Should be an easier way to move roads. Most of the time you can't even see them. Y'all SUCK! (Not support, they are great.)
~Cheryn
Before you delete a building you get a confimation screen to ask if you are really sure. so one misclick will not remove you building.
After a FA, and you want to delete a 100 buildings, always check and don't press sell blindly.

Cheryn

Bard
Still don't see it. I was moving roads when I deleted it, so yes I believe there was a pop-up and I clicked it - that's how I lost it, yes. No I didn't talk to support about it because it has happened before and will likely happen again, and I'm sure they get tired of dealing with human error. Yep my mistake so I ate it. Doesn't mean I don't believe there should be an undo button for the last action if you stop right after that. And doesn't mean the game doesn't get my goat some days. Edit away if you must. Was a rant, I apologize. I must read the rules again I guess. Best regards, ~Cheryn

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Cheryn I think we've all fell victim to an error or two that has caused us to lose our heads in the game! I did it once before with a Level 15 Manufactory and almost lobbed my PC across the living room :D

You invest a LOT of time into this game so I do understand :)

SkyRider99

Mentor
I can't quite remember, but doesn't the game pop up a confirmation screen before you sell/delete?

I only use the PC/laptop version, so find that selling is not an issue. The game does make one remarkably focused when choosing what to click on sometimes :cool:

Julian

Sorcerer
Having just accepted a one-star trade by accident, I think an undo would be great. But, then again, that proves the difficulty of such a button. An undo would affect other players when it comes to trades, donating to wonders, the fellowship adventures and neighbourly help. And the other players might react to your action before you can press undo.

I take it you are aware that you don't need to delete a road to upgrade it. I very rarely delete roads (except with regards to shanty towns during the FA).