• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unbelievable!!

Thezza

Spellcaster
I cannot get my head round this, I just produce enough damn granite and copper to complete some dwarvish researches but now I cant put my KPS towards anything dwarvish because the research tree defaults back to the first Ancient Wonder they added, when I have done that it will default to the second one. There are 3, a total of 170 KPs keeping me from using my granite and copper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To say I am upset is an understatement. I really am considering just giving up and finding a game run by people who know what the hell they are doing!!! Aaaaarrrgggghhhhhhh

DeletedUser1925

You should researched it earlier like any other sheep did it. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
But I understand you! Similar problem here.

AhkNemet

Dreamer
I only just found out they were even there last night (because people kept talking about Tournaments and I had no idea what they were and went looking). While it's just denied me access to another research based expansion, I can understand why they would have made it mandatory, but some warning probably would have been nice. (Some warning ingame with the pop up announcements.. lots of casual players that don't get time to read the forums, lots of active ones that don't either.)

Last edited:

firerock

Enchanter
You clearly don't understand the implementation plan here.

We'll announce whats happening in a place 95% of the players don't even go to
We wont send any in game message to warn players
We'll implement the new changes, and maybe fix a bug or two
It'll be clear that really very little planning went into the change as there must be a CLEAR disconnect between those who design the game and reality of playing it.
We'll ignore any feedback you want give
The mods try their best (they are gamers like us) and cant really say what they want, they deal with the sharp end of our vitriol and get what to show for it?

It REALLY REALLY would be good to get a proper developer representative to either answer some hot topics from INNO(we can post some questions in a thread and they can answer some of them (via email exchange or something), or if they dared (which they wont), come on here and give us some answers.

DeletedUser1458

You should researched it earlier like any other sheep did it. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
But I understand you! Similar problem here.
There was no reason to research before as it wasn't 'connected' to anything else. AW building take up a lot of room and a lot of players chose not to research these. The programers have now f*&%#ed off a lot of players who now have to 'waste' 170 KP's to unlock and activate stuff that is of little benefit!

Vroot TwoFoot

Adventurer
agreed. Half way across researching cheaper scouting I'm sent back to research some dumba**e "wonder" that I don't want and don't need because inno has decided how I should be playing the game. Well here's how I should be playing the game jackass, without giving you money.

DeletedUser1925

People were warned well before the update they would need to research all ancient wonders

Doesn't matter if you are warned or not... Still doesn't make it right to FORCE you to research something that makes no sense why would spend time/energy on something that you will never NEED. and if you do somehow need it you can still do it later when YOU want!

DeletedUser702

Only found out today about all those forgotten wonders! Guess I should come here more often!
But than it would only upset me! I try to miss those "wonders" as much as I can!!
Think this game is under control by Kindergarten Devs! That is the kindest excuse I could think of!! :(

DeletedUser1925

Only found out today about all those forgotten wonders! Guess I should come here more often!
But than it would only upset me! I try to miss those "wonders" as much as I can!!
Think this game is under control by Kindergarten Devs! That is the kindest excuse I could think of!! :(

You are right "Kindergarten" don't teach them how to use calculators. Don't know how to count... #childsplay

That's why this soon game will be just about funny icons. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1295

People were warned well before the update they would need to research all ancient wonders

Forum-users on EN were indeed pre-warned here on forum by other forum users kindly sharing their knowledge which they attained by playing the beta server and/or reading the beta-forum.

However, as I've stated elsewhere on this forum I feel that forum use should be promoted more in-game. Right now I'm also trying to think of other options to encourage the use of the forum for important (pre)warnings on in-game changes.

Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated! This could best be done by starting a separate topic in the Ideas and Suggestions section of the forum.

DeletedUser1925

These separations of forums is intentionally created to make bad information flow.

DeletedUser803

it takes 60k tools and 400k coins to unlock the wretched things too, I just noticed

DeletedUser1295

These separations of forums is intentionally created to make bad information flow.
I guess it depends on how you look at things. Whenever I see a viable idea/suggestion popping up in a general discussion, I recommend to start a thread about it in the Ideas and Suggestions section of the forum, this so it will not drown in a general discussion.

This doesn't mean I'll prohibit discussing any idea/suggestion in a general discussion though! At least not as long it is on-topic ;)