• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Unasked Tourney Timeboost window

Sir Derf

Adept
I've only been using the new Neighborly Help interface recently, but I noticed something new today.

Because of the gradual slowdown of individual NH, I reset the browser every five pages of NH. This means I have to relaunch the World Map, reopen the Provinces Window and select the Neighbors tab. with 39 pages of NH, that's 8 times every NH round, so usually daily. Past days, this process operated the same, without extra steps. Today, a new step appeared. When I open the Provinces Window from the World Map, instead of showing the Provinces Window focused on the Scoutable tab, I'm shown a window to apply a time boost to the cooldown delay for a Tournament province. I don't even know which Province this is meant to apply to. When I dismiss this window, I am then shown the Provinces Window that I asked for. I realize that I am in the middle of a Tourney, and yes, most of my Tourney Provinces are currently cooling down. But that's not what I'm interested in. And that has nothing to do with the Provinces Window, nothing to do with ay of its tabs. If I reset the browser, launch the World Map and open the Tourney Window, I'm shown a list of Tourney Provinces, but even in this relevant window, I'm not rushed into being asked to apply a time booster to a Tourney Province.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf Definitely a tad unusual! And is this happening each time?

Sir Derf

Adept
It happened repeatedly as I was doing my full NH. I don't remember if it happened the first time (when I had done other actions first, and not after a browser reload), and I don't know that it happened after all 7 browser reloads, since I wasn't primed to notice it at first, but once I took notice, it happened after every subsequent browser reload. I was also seeing it if I opened the Provinces window after I had helped all my neighbors.

I just went back to check, and I noticed it wasn't happening. But.... all my Tourney Provinces were open for round 3. After I finished all the Tourney Provinces I cared to do for Round 3, it started happening again. And I it does not appear to require a browser reload first.

Sir Derf

Adept
Something more troubling just happened.

Doing my NH round. I just did all the Tourney Provinces I care to do for Round 5.

My first opening of the Provinces window it went straight to the Provinces window. The next couple of Browser reloads/World Map/Provinces, I was initially shown the NH Time Booster window.

But, as I went in to start with the 25th screen of Provinces to NH and I clicked to open the Provinces window, instead of being presented with the NH Time Booster window, I was instead shown a window asking for confirmation on a diamond usage. I'm being asked to verify that I want to purchase something for 205 diamonds. What I might be purchasing, I don't know.

I find this very worrying.

Thinking on it, the behavior replicates what would normally be accomplished by two separate clicks. Getting either to a time boost window or a Diamond confirmation window requires two clicks. Not knowing why this happens or when this could happen, there are places where two errant clicks can do city damage or can cost money, directly or indirectly. Or, two errant clicks can present a window out of context that can cause or allow a player to perform third click they wouldn't have done otherwise.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf I assume you've done all the general bits and bobs, cache clear etc... could you please send a ticket in via Support. It's very strange and worth looking into. If you have done the cache clear and it's still persisting, let Support know that as well :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
The prevailing thought is that I have recently been visited by a boogeyman, for which there is neither identification nor known means of eradication.