• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features UI Suggestion

indigomage

Adventurer
Several people have made suggestions regarding the ease of selection of quests, or the automated selection of specific (usually repeating) quests. You generally disallow these suggestions as you don't want to change the current quest looping mechanism.

Separately you encourage the use of the keyboard to speed up game interactions by the use of key presses where a specific letter is associated with a specific function (eg: I for opening the inventory, T for accessing the Trader, etc).

My suggestion is that, when there is an "OK" and or "Decline" button on screen, can you make an "O" or "D" (respectively) action the button, this does not change the way the user has to interact with the Quest button to select the quest, but it allows them to use the keyboard to select the "OK" or "Decline" buttons.

This meets the requirement of not reducing the interactions required, but also meets the requirement of making the game easier to play using the keyboard.

I posted this as a Ticket, and the Support People said I should post it here.

cwgiii

Shaman
IF the quest cycling system cannot be revamped, then I like this idea.

However, I do feel that the quest cycling system could itself be improved.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Anything, anything to make it easier. I suggested a "Finish and repeat quest" button. From what I understand, Inno was concerned about players getting huge amounts of rewards from the regular optional quests if it was too easy. Ok, fair enough. There is no reason to keep the FA quests so cumbersome that they remove the enjoyment of taking part in FAs however. The FA quests can be treated differently.

DeletedUser5254

Innogames logic: crappy UI=difficulty, so happen not gonna!!!

+1 for the effort though

indigomage

Adventurer
@LazyTony I'm not referring to FA Quests, though this suggestion would apply to them as well (D for decline).
@Warren Piece I think I know what you are trying to say about Innogames logic, but I'd have to disagree. Whether this will happen or not is why I've posted here. Thanks for the +1.

Deleted User - 1634960

@Cauladra Please make a separate thread in this section for that idea. This thread is about the quest cycling.

DeletedUser5987

It is obvious that the "repeating decline" issue for events, adventures, and everyday game has been addressed several times for several years and there seems to be no improvement. I could only accept a drop down list instead of repeated decline-s. At the moment I have 22 quests in normal game that I can and I have to repeat all over and over again. It means 22 times more clicks than actually necessary.
A little sum: Last time I collected badges I had more than 500 clicks just to complete one collection cycle. With a simple drop down list it could have been around 30-50 clicks!!! Which part of this issue is too difficult for the developers to understand?
Before anybody says: It can not be done, that's unacceptable. Anything can be done. I'm only waiting for this year's Easter event. If the rewards do not improve significantly and a drop down menu for quests does not appear, I resign. It's just not fun anymore. It's hard labour.

cwgiii

Shaman
Which part of this issue is too difficult for the developers to understand?

My personal opinion is that the devs understand very well. I believe that they want to slow things down (tech tree advancement, guest race progression, city expansion, etc), make things like this more difficult to prevent everyone from collecting everything all of the time. With less people willing to take the arduous time and effort to collect all of the rewards, people will advance less quickly, the cities will slow their growth. People will choose to collect the most expedient items and collect without maximizing all of the cross event combinations. Arguably a small impact compared to other "re-balances", this is simply another tool in the devs pocket to put the brakes on. Again, this is just my opinion. And I do acknowledge that it is within their rights to do so. Just makes the game more frustrating than fun sometimes.