• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Two Suggestions - All (chat World) and Time Boosters ideas

DeputyDoggz

Dreamer
ok i have 2 suggestions 1 of which i think is imperative -

#1.- An All world Chat window if possible (?imperative? )

#2- The timers or Time Boosters just as an idea whereas a player who has tons of them could use them on not only their own cities which we already have that ability but lets think a minute and say we can help members of our own Fellowship with time boosters as well and it can bonus the neighbourly help aspect as well eh?

Not sure if this isn't just a GREAT IDEA but its an idea that has me loving it more and more !

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@DeputyDoggz thank you for putting these ideas forward! Both are excellent and I will take them forward to the Team for you. I very much like the second idea as well. I know I would be happy to help my FS if ever I had some spare Time Instants and they needed a hand! As always, these things take time so whilst I cannot give an immediate answer, they will be considered, and I will get back to you once I have one :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Pauly7

Magus
I like the idea of being able to help your fellows with time boosters. A chat window that everyone on the server could access at once would be chaotic though, and I'm not sure the game would be able to handle it. My guess is that everything would slow down to a halt and fall over within a few seconds.

DeputyDoggz

Dreamer
Wow Really an all World Chat would cause all that fuss REALLY?...wow! i mean with bandwidth at a all new standard in gigabytes none the less it would still cause all that ?

hmm but ok i'll take what ideas i can get in the game at this point!! :p

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Just have a look at how slow a message thread gets when it has above 100 replies in it. Inno already wipes the chat history every day to conserve memory.

QFol2

Conjurer
I do like the idea of global chat, but I would expect issues with it, as @Pauly7 suggests. However, other games manage it - how do they do it?

Gargon667

Mentor
Chat is bad enough as it is with 25 people, imagine the lag with 25000 lol. Not that the idea is bad in itself, but it would need a whole new chat first, which also isn´t a bad idea.

Deleted User - 1634960

The big argument against a global Chat imo is that it would require in-game moderation.
Sadly, any community the size of an Elvenar world has a few individuals who delight in offending. The FS chat can be effectively moderated by the AM and the officers (not to mention the members themselves), a global chat would need someone with the authority and power to provide consequences to the few that would break the rules.

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
I have sometimes wished that I could send some help to a struggling player. I can also see that down the track it might cause arguments in the F/S if the recipient turned out to be an opportunist.

DeputyDoggz

Dreamer
I do like the idea of global chat, but I would expect issues with it, as @Pauly7 suggests. However, other games manage it - how do they do it?
Just curious is their a way to copy world chat window programing from like say for example the Game of Guild Wars or Diablo 3 or like from another browser game like NeverWinter and look at its programing of its world chat and chat windows in any way shape or form and just copy and paste it into this game?

Timneh

Artisan
A possible problem with using time boosters in other peoples cities is if a player uses a time booster on someones building upgrade. If there is an event running that upgrade might be timed to finish when a quest is got to complete a upgrade, if someone uses a boost on that upgrade that would spoil the timing and the upgrade might finish before the player gets the upgrade quest. Some players do not take any notice of chat and messages so putting a warning there might not work. Just a thought.

Julian

Sorcerer
Doesn't this forum effectively act as a global chat?

I do like the possibility of donating time instants. This would be a part of a larger area for the fellowship, where we could do more things together. Could there be a building that we'd all have to work towards to build?

Julian

Sorcerer
I agree that you shouldn't be able to use a time instant on someone's city. It would be a case of donating them, so they can use as they wish.

DeputyDoggz

Dreamer
The big argument against a global Chat imo is that it would require in-game moderation.
Sadly, any community the size of an Elvenar world has a few individuals who delight in offending. The FS chat can be effectively moderated by the AM and the officers (not to mention the members themselves), a global chat would need someone with the authority and power to provide consequences to the few that would break the rules.
I would love to take on that challenge to be the "Moderator" (Cop/Police Chat) person no problems :p

I’m pretty certain there is a global chat in Forge of Empires that seemed to work fine when I played that, so I can’t see a reason why it couldn‘t be introduced here. However, if I remember correctly it was mainly used by top players and guilds to insult each other so I never bothered reading it much.
I do like the idea of donating time boosters. It could be very useful during FAs.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Furthermore, while the idea is awesome, especially for the boosters, we have another issue. Allowing someone to gift boosters to other people will yield to more Push accounts. We will let our developers know still for them to consider it.