• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Turn off KP donations

Would you like to see something like this implemented?

• Total voters

DeletedUser487

[Summary]:

Players would have the option to stop others investing in certain ancient wonders.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:

Yes, I searched for Ancient wonders in the ideas and suggestions tab.

[Details]:

Say a player has more than one ancient wonder, and only wants visitors to the city to donate to a particular ancient wonder. There would be a checkbox when you click the wonder asking if you would like others to be able to donate KP to it.

[Reasons for Implementing]:

Sometimes you get random KP donated to a wonder when you have no intention of upgrading it in the near future or some has some KP to spare and they donate it to you but not to the wonder you'd like. Also, KP threads in messages can get too long and people might by-pass what you requested. By being able to select if you want a certain wonder to receive donations, you can control what gets upgraded.

cwgiii

Shaman
One artificial way that I have done this is to advance all my AWs to the point where they need me to apply runes again (usually level 5, if not always). Then I advance each one individually as I wish. Not exactly what you are talking about, but has the same effect once you get to that point.

DeletedUser

I voted no. I think a lot of people who donate to wonders are donating to the specific wonders they are hoping to to receive a rune shard for by being one of the top donators for that specific wonder. They are gifting your wonders KP's at no cost to you, so let them do their thing.

As @cwgiii pointed out in his post, if you have wonders you don't want to level at any more, then once the KP bar for that wonder is full, as long as you don't upgrade it, it will be blocked for further donations anyway.

Letting the bar fill up and not upgrading is a lot simpler than having the developers try to add a switch on each wonder, what are we up to now, like 18 now or something, times the number of players on each world.

DeletedUser2863

Letting the bar fill up and not upgrading is a lot simpler than having the developers try to add a switch on each wonder, what are we up to now, like 18 now or something, times the number of players on each world.
Just to clarify something (assuming I understand you correctly), I wanna point out that the developers wouldn't have to visit each player specifically and add a separate switch to each and every ancient wonder currently in existence. :confused: That would be crazy. :p

DeletedUser2554

[Summary]:

Players would have the option to stop others investing in certain ancient wonders.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:

Yes, I searched for Ancient wonders in the ideas and suggestions tab.

[Details]:

Say a player has more than one ancient wonder, and only wants visitors to the city to donate to a particular ancient wonder. There would be a checkbox when you click the wonder asking if you would like others to be able to donate KP to it.

[Reasons for Implementing]:

Sometimes you get random KP donated to a wonder when you have no intention of upgrading it in the near future or some has some KP to spare and they donate it to you but not to the wonder you'd like. Also, KP threads in messages can get too long and people might by-pass what you requested. By being able to select if you want a certain wonder to receive donations, you can control what gets upgraded.
You could use the Wondermail scheme within your fellowship, so people donate to the AW you want upgrading! :)

DeletedUser

Just to clarify something (assuming I understand you correctly), I wanna point out that the developers wouldn't have to visit each player specifically and add a separate switch to each and every ancient wonder currently in existence. :confused: That would be crazy. :p
Yes, that would be crazy. They would just have to add the switch to each ancient wonder's building once. So 18 different buildings. But they would have to store the state of each building times the number of players who had that building constructed in their database as well. Not too hard with today's modern computers and how inexpensive storage has become. I'd rather they did not add this though, and concentrated more on fixing the bugs they already have created. :)

DeletedUser487

I voted no. I think a lot of people who donate to wonders are donating to the specific wonders they are hoping to to receive a rune shard for by being one of the top donators for that specific wonder. They are gifting your wonders KP's at no cost to you, so let them do their thing.

As @cwgiii pointed out in his post, if you have wonders you don't want to level at any more, then once the KP bar for that wonder is full, as long as you don't upgrade it, it will be blocked for further donations anyway.

See I think that is unnecessary, you shouldn't have to go through so many KPs to stop an ancient wonder from being upgraded.