• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City turn industries on and off

DeletedUser

I played a game where i could turn individual industries off and on through a click of the tab on screen this would be a cool addition.

DeletedUser

Could you elaborate a little?
There a nice template to be used for ideas too.

DeletedUser

there was a tab in the game that you could sect turn all stone on or off iron ,lumber ect(marble iron planks)perhaps the turning on could allow all industries to be on for 3hrs 9hrs 1day ect...

DeletedUser

I'm still not sure I follow you.
You want a single button to make all of your marble buildings produce at the same time, instead of individually setting each one?

DeletedUser

in Stronghold kingdoms you can turn each industry on and off by clicking on each industry, that is what I was referring to

DeletedUser

Let's assume I've never played any game that wasn't by Innogames and try to explain it with that in mind.
Also if you can use the template from here, it usually helps clarify things.

DeletedUser23

I know what he means but it's extremely unnecessary.

Unlike games like Stronghold Kingdoms, we have very few goods buildings, usually 2/3 of each type. It's easy enough to just leave them if you want to turn production 'off'. However it's not really a production as such. It's not like we're producing wood because we need it to build cheap buildings, stone for fortifications etc. We just produce 3 types of goods out of 9, to unlock technologies mostly. When upgrading buildings there's no correlation between goods and upgrades; like we don't build things out of scrolls etc.

DeletedUser108

You only have 2-3 production buildings of each type? I've got 3 - 7 of each basic item (I've just researched scrolls but can't make them yet), because it takes so long to get enough of anything to complete research and afford upgrades. On the other hand, I've only got a few neighbors who are actually playing the game and have more than 5 total buildings, so there's very little available at the trader. And most trades are offering the item I don't need - we all seem to need the same things.

DeletedUser23

You won't be able to sustain more than 3 goods buildings per tier unless you have no armories/workshops and tonnes of houses and loads of diamond bought land, eventually.

It's also very inefficient to be producing anything other than the good you have boosted from each tier, though for now it's okay 'cos no one's trading much.

DeletedUser3735

One benefit to turning off industries could be that workers could be reassigned as needed thus requiring fewer residences

DeletedUser441

How could my Treants produce marble or my Golems produce planks ?(lol) ;) Dwarven steel isn't the same when produced by Elves :) My Goblins produce the best magic dust :D.