• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Troops info

Hekata

Artisan
I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended to be this way but I do think it's weird. When I hover over my troop production it shows me the same training numbers for all units but those numbers are only correct for Sword Dancers and Archers. The other units have different production sizes.
For instance in this screen shot you can see that the training size for my treants is 575 but the info shown is 3449 (= archers / sword dancer training size.)

Treant.jpg

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hi @Hekata and thanks for sharing.

That indeed looks not normal. I would suggest you to log-off, maybe clear your browser's caché and log back in.

If you continue to observe these numbers, please send a ticket to our fantastic support team, and we will check what is going on.

Pauly7

Magus
I've never noticed that before, but it's the same for me too. I think it does look like a bug of some sort. The tooltip on each slot of the training queue shows a training size that it would be if they were LM or LR troops.

My guess is that they will say "training size" is a fixed figure, much like "squad size". For instance your armouries will display training size and that will be equivalent to one slot of training for LM/LR, but not the others (minus any other buffs, like Simia Sapiens or Brown Bear). In the same way, an event quest may ask you to produce X amount of troops. X is only the real number if you're producing LM/LR.

I think it's misleading, though, and it would be good if it showed the actual number in each case.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I have been doing some checks. While we will still notify the developers, but I noticed one aspect, and it is not a bug:

Your "Total training size" gives you a number of the amount of "small units" (archers for example) which is your Training Size depending on your Armories, AWs, etc.

When you calculate the number of troops you can train it needs to be divided by your "Basic Training Size." For an Elite Archer, their "Basic Training Size" it's 1, therefore, your amount will equal your "Total Training Size." However, a Granite Golem will have a "Basic Training Size" of six. Diving the "Total Training Size" by "Basic Training Size" and it will give you the number of the actual Granite Golems you are training.

Total training size / Basic training size = The amount of units you are training per slot.

golems.gif

4546 Training size / 6 Basic Training Size = 757 (and decimals) Granite Golems.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The troops do have individual sizes. A Treant has a size of 6, an Archer has a size of 1. So the treant will take up 6 times the space of an archer in the training. A squad of Archers has 6 times the units than a squad of Treants. The size can be seen here:
Size.jpg

The basic training size totally unrelated, it is the training size without any armories or wonders.

Hekata

Artisan
@anonglitch Thanks for looking into this. I understand the maths behind it. It's the same principal that works for quests that require a certain amount of troops. You can train any type and it will be counted as the max numbers you get for Barracks LM or LR troops. But I think the tooltip should reflect the exact number for each type of unite. It's a bit confusing this way. For instance I was checking the Simia collection bonus for my treants because I wanted to calculate something and what I saw was 196. If I hadn't rechecked again and noticed the total training size shown is different I would have based my calculation on wrong numbers :)