• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle Troop Training Queue suggestion

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi guy's,
I know simultaneous training of troops from the Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp has been suggested before and not that popular due to supplies needed etc, but this is a little different.

I'd like to be able to sleep at night during tourneys, leaving my troops to train as currently a full Barracks takes me just under 4 hours to train and a full Training Grounds just over 6 hours.

I suggest allowing the possibility to set up to all 15 slots to train from the 3 Barrack types, but so that they follow on, Barracks then Training Grounds, then Mercenary Camp. This would also encourage players to use the 3 different troops sets a lot more.
That way, only one Troop is in training at any one time, but I can set up before bed so troops are training 9-10 hours rather than 3:50mins if I set the Barracks on full before bed, wasting half the night unless I ruin my sleep pattern.

An alternative would be to provide more training slots, but this wouldn't encourage players to use the 3 different troop sets.

Everything else can be set to run overnight, so why not troop training?

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Armouries, Dwarven Bulwark, Shroom Shrine.

I have 3 maxed armories for chapter 9 at level 23 that increase training size and still 5 lots of a level 25 Barracks is less than 4 hours.

I am trying to allow troops to train all night for a player who takes every squad size upgrade and is still able to fully participate in the tournaments.

I find your argument against my idea very "Lazy", Tony and I'm only trying to make the game fairer and more inclusive.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I went through 5,6,7 chapters not being able to train troops all night. Those 2 wonders changed that. My point is, if its important to you, you can prioritise it and fix it now. Its not a gift, its something you can build for if you choose right now.

m4rt1n

Adept
I went through 5,6,7 chapters not being able to train troops all night. Those 2 wonders changed that. My point is, if its important to you, you can prioritise it and fix it now. Its not a gift, its something you can build for if you choose right now.

I already have a Dwarven Bulwark and the Shroom Shrine is almost ready for placing.

I don't want to have to get up for 5 mins in the middle of the night to set another 5 troops on training to be able to compete in the weekly tourneys.

It's not something that needs building for, just a common sense suggestion to better the gaming experience for many players who struggle to train enough troops if they don't or can't visit the game every 3-4 hours, 24/7.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
And what about those who have spent months upgrading those 2 wonders and have built extra armouries? Do they get their KP back? We've already one wonder nerfed (the lighthouse) and your suggestion nerfs 2 more.

m4rt1n

Adept
Your argument makes no sense anyway as the Dwarven Bulwark and Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms both do 3 hour productions also. I want to be able to set 9 hour troop training at a minimum, not "nerf" anything. I think you are entirely missing the point of my suggestion.

I do not want to have to get up in the middle of the night to reset troop production.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Bulwark and Shroom shrine increase your barrack queue size. Giving queue size increases away make half of their functionality redundant.

m4rt1n

Adept
Bulwark and Shroom shrine increase your barrack queue size. Giving queue size increases away make half of the functionality redundant.

Not at all, because the troops would still take the same amount of time to train, so no one would lose anything, and the wonders would still produce the same amount of troops, so the only gain would be for those with a little time away from the game, who had spent time building up enough supplies to be able to set off the extra training in advance. :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Those 2 wonders have 2 effects. 1 is free troops. 1 is longer queues. If you get longer queues without building (let alone spending months upgrading) them, then they are half as useful as they used to be.

At least this discussion is keeping your suggestion at the top of the recent posts :p

m4rt1n

Adept
Most of my suggestion was to get players to use the Training Grounds and Mercenary Camps also, not increase the 5 slots on the Barracks so I don't see how your argument is relative as the wonders don't affect those, and they would be extra, if a player had built up extra supplies and wanted to add training from them after the 5 barracks slots had finished. Supplies can be set for 24 hours and goods for 48, so why not allow extra troops to train beyond the 5 Barracks slots from the Training Grounds, and/or Mercenary Camp if a player has enough supplies to add them on at the end. :)

Rarely Here

Seeker
My barracks is running at 54.10mins, training grounds at 1.30hr, and the Mercenary camp runs at 1.58hr. When I have days with known shortages of time to be here I just train something in the slower facility. training size is 969 units and it gets tedious training blossom mage without using the overnight option. So for me to set all 3 facilities in sequence would be a high chance of forgetting that ther is anything in training.

Deleted User - 1634960

@m4rt1n The idea has merit.
I particularly like the idea of helping people to set up to use the Units from the Grounds and the Camp.
The argument about the Wonders does not apply, because, as you point out, they do not affect the Grounds or the Camp.

The big downside I can see is the tickets we will get because people can't collect all the troops from one building: "Why didn't I get my dogs?" :rolleyes:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Ermm, Bulwark and Shroom shrine increase queue size for all 3 troop buildings. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3781

The difference I see is that the wonders let us train more troops, but not more kinds of troops. With one big queue of three buildings you could train a different troop in every slot :p

Deleted User - 384643

The argument about the Wonders does not apply, because, as you point out, they do not affect the Grounds or the Camp.

As Lazy Tony has pointed out, aside from the light melee & light ranged troop production, the advantage you get from building and upgrading the Dwarven Bulwark and the Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms is that they increase your troop size--which is why I build these wonders. Now what is the biggest advantage about being able to train more troops at once? Because now the training time takes a lot longer and therefore it enables me to keep training troops every moment of the day (and night).

Being able to cue from Barracks, Training Grounds & Mercenary Camp all at once would enable everyone to keep training troops every moment of the day without having a need for an extra armory or the Dwarven Bulwark/Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms.

So the argument about AW does apply here.

m4rt1n

Adept
Increase troop training squad size so that 5 training squads take longer than 9 hours (overnight). Simples ! Build Armouries.

Sounds very simple to build more Armouries, but I have 3 at level 23 already, 4 is not really an option due to the amount of extra population required as I did have 4 but reduced to 3 on the last big upgrade.

@Rarely Here I am very sorry about my reply earlier, I misread your post as it was 4am and I was very tired. No excuse I know, but I apologise my friend. :)

Last edited: