• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Troop strength/health

Spellcaster
Hello, can someone please explain what causes troop strength/health to increase? I have looked around and despite the plethora of information there is about the game on the wiki and other sites I can't find an answer to this question. I have recently experienced an increase in all of my troops strength/health but can't connect it with anything. I upgraded my barracks and main hall around the same time but I kept an eye on the stats and neither of these seem to be the answer. It wasn't moving up a chapter on the tech tree either. I'm sure i'd stumble onto the answer at some point but it is easier to just ask.

Julian

Sorcerer
Some temporary buildings and some ancient wonders can increase health. I can't think of anything else that does.

DeletedUser3571

The most likely answer i think would be that you have done a squad size upgrade in the research tree. This means that you have more troops in your squad and they bring health and strength with them, for example each individual solider has an amount of hit point if you times that by the number of soldiers in the squad you get the hit points displayed.
If it was a wonder or a temporary building that has changed it, then you should see a green up arrow over the effected value.

Deleted User - 2260611

Some temporary buildings and some ancient wonders can increase health. I can't think of anything else that does.
Thanks for the information i was wondering the same thing too and now cleared up.. Nice one

Deleted User - 2260611

The most likely answer i think would be that you have done a squad size upgrade in the research tree. This means that you have more troops in your squad and they bring health and strength with them, for example each individual solider has an amount of hit point if you times that by the number of soldiers in the squad you get the hit points displayed.
If it was a wonder or a temporary building that has changed it, then you should see a green up arrow over the effected value.
Thanks too

Spellcaster
So I have been looking at it incorrectly. I had assumed the troops strength/health was for each individual unit. I have recently done some squad size upgrades. Will confirm with two more soon.

Thanks pompeywolf

DeletedUser4149

keep in mind that most players avoid unlocking bigger squads because even though they help when fighting regular encounters they increase both your squads and enemy squads in tournaments, causing more total casualties per fight. larger squads also increase catering costs in tournaments too. this game does a poor job of explaining that to new players and doesn't let them reverse any techs they've unlocked.