• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Troop status icon

Sir Derf

Adept
Suggestion: Add an icon to the upper panel, next to the Inventory and Other Resource icons, that provides a popup list of your current available troops.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thanks for the suggestion @Sir Derf I will forward this to the developers, however, you can already check your current troops in a single-window "Army Camp" and hovering your mouse on the desired unit, you will be able to see the total amount, which is basically Total Squads * Squad Size.

You can also check your troops over the app.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I struggle to get total number of troops on the app. Will be highly appreciated if @anonglitch can show me a pic where it is all summarised. I can see number of squads in troop buildings and troop training size in armouries, but eludes me where I see total number of troops.

Sir Derf

Adept
Thank you, yes. you can get that information by clicking on one of the military buildings and selecting the Army Camp tab.
And you can get the information about your other resources by clicking on you Main Hall, Trader or Guest Race Portal to get to a similar tab.

But, when you click on any and all of the above buildings to access the appropriate tab, you would collect any produced-and-waiting resource at that building.

The point of the suggestion is to allow you to view those resources in a way that does not perform an unwanted pickup, just like the other icons in the top panel provide.

Sir Derf

Adept
Oh, and yes, I mean on PC. Didn't look at App interface, don't know if the suggestion is also appropriate there.

Gargon667

Mentor
I struggle to get total number of troops on the app. Will be highly appreciated if @anonglitch can show me a pic where it is all summarised. I can see number of squads in troop buildings and troop training size in armouries, but eludes me where I see total number of troops.

The quickest way would be to multiply squad number by squad size and then dived by the troops size, if bigger than one (you know the 6 for treants etc).
But I am curious what do you intend to do with this number? I find that it has been a long time since I last bothered looking up unit numbers, to be honest it has been so long I don´t remember when I last did... All I seem to find use for is squad numbers, so if anything I would be interested in seeing squad numbers on such an extra info section.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
So basically like the Army Camp gives you now, as this states all Squads and scrolling over any individual unit type gives the breakdown of individuals as well as squads.
Or is it some different information you are seeking?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Haha, who wants to multiply anything? If my friends on computer tells me they have 20000 troops, I would like to be able to quickly check where I stand. But the question came from a statement that you can check your troops over the app. I am aiming to show that it is not that simple and that the original suggestion by Sir Derf is a good one. Especially for app.

Gargon667

Mentor
Tell them how many squads you have, that is much more useful information than individual unit numbers...

1000 units is more than a small town can even imagine, while it is something I kill without noticing. Compare squad numbers to know where you stand. If a small town kills 10 squads it is still worse for them than it is for me to kill 10 squads, but the relation is certainly better than unit numbers.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
If you only have 10 squads and 10 gets killed, you have lost 100%. Quite depressing.
And then you get to the spire and it says your 10 squads you had in the barracks, it is now 2 squads for the encounter in the spire, another depressing situation.
Perhaps it would be better if we never talked about squads in the barracks, but just total troop numbers, but that is a different argument.

Gargon667

Mentor
For 1 change the display of all troop producing buildings to the same measurement. Either change AWs and instants to produce a certain amount of units or change barracks etc to produce squads. Of course the actual production doesn´t need changing just the display should show the conversion factor. I really don´t care much which of the 2 it is as long as it is the same.
Then this factor should be used in the Army camp to display what you have. If actual unit numbers are chosen the display actually will have to change to something larger like k-numbers (for thousands) and m-numbers (for millions) these numbers could be called something more fun like they started doing with the instants: or invent new ones like legions etc.

The second part would then be the group size used in each fight. It has to be called something completely different of course, so as to not be so confusing. Since you always fight with an army (no matter how big it is) I would suggest "army size". Then your army size in a given fight can be 15 squads (if they want to keep the squad system for barracks) or 15 legions (if they want to use unit numbers) and 23 in the next. No more confusion.