• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Troop losses

alsael

Enchanter
I'm in an fs which does 8-10 chests.That means a lot of fighting.And now,as I see about the spire,more fighting and more losing troops.It is very dificult to replace all those troops,even if you train 24/7.
A solution would be to let all 3 military buildings train units simultaneously!Why the other 2 buildings have to stay idle?Each building trains different troops.So give us that pls:)

DeletedUser4149

i disagree w/ both statements.:(
i don't find it hard to do more than my share for our fellowship to earn 10 chests most weeks. the phoenixes and other event buildings are already making that easier and easier.:eek:
i don't know why the other 2 buildings have to stay idle either. but they do. this "solution" would put those of us who adapted to the current situation at a disadvantage because we were wise enough not to build all 3 buildings in the first place and don't have the space or wonders for them. i don't see why anyone would want to build all 3 anyways since 2 are always bound to be idle. this game is pretty much about efficiency and using all 3 buildings is inefficient. just adapt and sell the other 2 and please keep the policy on training troops the same as it is currently.:cool:

m4rt1n

Adept
I would like to be able to have troops training in the other buildings simultaneously as they are separate buildings and a separate queue would be nice.
Many players have 2 or all 3 of the buildings who do manual fighting and enjoy using the full selection of troops available to do so.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
@alsael your suggestion, if I understood correctly, consists of 2 parts:
  1. give each building its own training queue
  2. increase the troops production by a factor 3
The first part is obviously disadvantageous for those who do not have all the training buildings. But even if you have them all, you must produce more or less equal amounts of troops in each building, otherwise you're worse off. These are substantial disadvantages, while I cannot think of any advantage.

The second part is unlikely to happen. Moreover, this is about game balance, and I'm afraid that the devs will listen more to their own opinion.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Another disadvantage would be the enormous amount of supplies needed to feed all 3 buildings when they were all producing troops.

Although a disadvantage, it would be nice to have that extra choice. If anyone didn't want to train extra troops they could just continue as now, but those who wanted extra now and again for certain tournaments would have that choice also.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I do not cast spells on my workshops ATM, so I'm sure I could produce enough supplies for all 3 troop producing buildings. And if it was possible to run all 3 buildings in parallel, I'd do exactly that. Most likely, I won't send troops up the spire, at least at its current state, so I'd have 3 times the troops for the tournament. I could live with that, but it would completely change the game.

I'd rather not provoke balancing of the tournaments.

Last edited:

alsael

Enchanter
I hear your concerns.But we have 3 military buildings,and we only use one of them.As for the anount of supplies,yes true,we are going to need a lot more,but that can be adjusted.The prosperity towers wonder can enhance your supplies spell,making you earn enough supplies for all 3 buildings.
Or better yet,the idle military buildings can be active not all the time,but let's say only during the spire event,when you do need extra troops.So only during the event you can train troops in all 3 buildings(the activation can start 1-2 days before the event so that to have some time to train).That way we can use troops that right now we don't.We have access to 15 different troops.How many of them do you really use?Just a thought:)
Also give an extra ability for the other 2 buildings not to be idle.For example,make them being able to produce orcs also.Caterers need orcs later all the time for tourneys+provinces
The goal of the game should be to "force" the players to use as many aspects of game as possible.What is the point of having buildings available when the majority of the players never build them?As for those who will say extra space is needed,yes true,but that can be adjusted by reducing the size of all 3 buildings a bit.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
A current work around if you have them is time boosters, the 8 hour ones work well and are craftable. :)

DeletedUser4149

The goal of the game should be to "force" the players to use as many aspects of game as possible.
i think you lost a lot of support w/ this comment. nobody likes to be forced to do anything. some like manually fighting and adventures, some don't. one of the game makers specifically said that combat in elvenar will always be optional.

without looking at your city, it sounds like you're experiencing buyer's/builder's remorse now that you realize that you don't need those buildings. part of the problem is that sites like "gems" tend to lead people to believe that they need those buildings because of their combat advice. quests and lack of good mentoring are also to blame. i've warned everyone in both of the fellowships i belong to that they don't need those buildings and probably shouldn't even use them countless times.

survival is about adapting to your environment. it seems like it would be wrong to change the whole troop training system to correct mistakes that players made and to punish those that adjusted to the rules the way they are.

alsael

Enchanter
by "force" you undestand of course I meant to have options:rolleyes:
As for the "remorse" thing you mentioned,I wouldn't say I regret building all 3 of them.I train troops in trainng grounds when I can,much less mercenary.I just don't like to have idle buildings."Then don't build them you will say".Sure,the logical thing to do.But those building provide specialized troops and it would be nice to have more options than the standard 5...
Probably I lost support as you say:p but exchanging opinions is better than not saying anything,right?We all like this game and any ideas than can improve upon it are welcome:D
I probably lose all support from those who really hate fighting:p

DeletedUser4149

alsael you're right that exchanging opinions is better than not saying anything. i hope you didn't take that as an attack on you personally, i just don't like that style of using all 3 buildings and have recommended against it many times for quite a while because i believe that i'm much better off by not using any of those unnecessary buildings. i just had to raise my voice and say that while this change would help you, it would not be good for me at all. i actually really like fighting too but i've already adjusted my city and combat tactics to do what's efficient and to fit my environment.
bruce-lee-be-water-my-friend.jpg

LazyTony

Sorcerer
If you want to do ok at tourneys, then you can get away with just a barracks. If you want to score high in tourney rankings, you need all 3, particularly for elf players (blossom mages counteract the massive advantage human players have with the priest to some extent).

At certain points in the tech tree, after a star promotion most often, the troops from merc camp and training ground are much better than those from the barracks. Atm I can't make enough orcs to train all the strategists and orc warriors I'd like to use - they are the best unit for many many fights at my stage of tech tree (the end).

DeletedUser4149

LazyTony not true. you don't need all 3 to get high rankings in tournaments. but it is harder to compete when you haven't spent any $ on this game, don't use illegal push accounts, and are competing against cities that are more than a year older. those are serious advantages that my city doesn't have.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Each player needs to balance the benefit and cost. For me, its a no brainer, I would score a lot less if I didn't have those buildings. Thats all I am saying - its not as simple as merc camp and training grounds are always a waste of space for all players at all levels of tech tree.

m4rt1n

Adept
@yo momma love me it is of course your choice in the game to only build one of the 3 military buildings available but that is your game choice.
My game choice is to have a balanced big city that includes all 3 military buildings and I still believe that those 3 buildings should be able to train on independent queue's
If as a player you can generate enough supplies, and Orc's to be able to sustain such production then surely that should be a game choice also.
More freedom on the route of the game you take is going to be better in my opinion than restricting everyone to the game route a few players believe in. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

maybe only a few players believe in that route but there is obviously something very inefficient to having 2 buildings and 2 wonders that can't be used at the same time, or even worse, using those 2 training buildings without boosts from wonders. my military is very efficient the way training is currently. changing the system to accommodate those w/ inefficiencies and putting those w/ efficient systems at a disadvantage would be wrong.

DeletedUser7950

What about a compromise, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp each can add 1 more slot to training queue. and also each building increases training size , 1 for their lvl for example.

Pauly7

Magus
The problem now is that if you suddenly changed the game to allow the three military buildings to all train simultaneously then it puts everyone who decided not to have all three at a difficult disadvantage. I realise that I am echoing the points others have already made.

I only have the barracks. I was about to argue @LazyTony the point about needing them all to achieve good tournament scores, but then I read the second part of the sentence. I only have a human city so I can't comment on what it's like for Elves.

For me it has always worked much better to simplify the process. Each tournament needs two troop types from the barracks and that's all. Training is simplified and unit upgrade buildings apply to barracks troops so it makes sense from that perspective to concentrate on those. I'm regularly in the server top 10 so I think it's worked out OK for me.