• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

trees

hinges

Adventurer
Hi I am in woodelves and I am finding/or I should say not finding things .My point is that there are so many trees that I can't find building. I can't find a building to move or upgrade etc.Please consider fewer trees to make the whole more visible.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Hi I am in woodelves and I am finding/or I should say not finding things .My point is that there are so many trees that I can't find building. I can't find a building to move or upgrade etc.Please consider fewer trees to make the whole more visible.

When a rude treant manages your city during Woodelves, do you really think is not going to be crammed with trees?

Lelanya

Mentor
Aww Hinges, I hear you! I really dislike that chapter, for exactly that reason! LOL
Try putting Willows on the North edge, and then the houses below them. Put the tech on the South edge,with the Forest Fabrications at the top, and the smaller buildings below them, and the other buildings that upgrade in the chapter, on the Eastern edge, that should help. That saves the Western edge for your most fussy factories or workshops, and the Wonders in the middle.

Pauly7

Magus
Woodelves certainly is one big forest! It was a little much for me, but much more preferable than the nastiness of the Orcs chapter. Maybe try not building Weeping Willows at all. They aren't really necessary. I never had one.

Lelanya

Mentor
Woodelves certainly is one big forest! It was a little much for me, but much more preferable than the nastiness of the Orcs chapter. Maybe try not building Weeping Willows at all. They aren't really necessary. I never had one.
You can't leave that there Pauly. I know you like to buck the trend but tell the players exactly what event buildings they are supposed to be grabbing, or other culture they need to build, that would allow them to progress. Woodelves uses a lot of mana, and not everyone is going to be able to collect a ton of Burning Pools or Manta Rays.

Pauly7

Magus
You can't leave that there Pauly. I know you like to buck the trend but tell the players exactly what event buildings they are supposed to be grabbing, or other culture they need to build, that would allow them to progress. Woodelves uses a lot of mana, and not everyone is going to be able to collect a ton of Burning Pools or Manta Rays.
I was just trying to say that there are several different options here. Some people don't like Weeping Willows, but all the advice, plus in-game quests, try to point people towards building huge avenues of Willows come what may.

I'm conscious that your post had nothing to do with mana production @hinges. You may know exactly how you wish to handle mana in the Woodelves chapter. If you're interested, though, we can talk about Wood Ghosts Housings and Treants Graves, which are both really valuable in the chapter if placed in the right way. Also, any event-won mana producer tends to be much better than any of the regular culture buildings.

P.s. I've never had a Manta Ray either - They're weird looking.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
on of the pretties town I have ever seen was a forest town, it was at a timewhen there were only a handful chapters and this player used regular and premiumbuildings to create something that looked like art,

Unfortunatly the post with the picture of his town I have never been able to find it back. :(

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Aww Hinges, I hear you! I really dislike that chapter, for exactly that reason! LOL
Try putting Willows on the North edge, and then the houses below them. Put the tech on the South edge,with the Forest Fabrications at the top, and the smaller buildings below them, and the other buildings that upgrade in the chapter, on the Eastern edge, that should help. That saves the Western edge for your most fussy factories or workshops, and the Wonders in the middle.

Thats even worse, yeah. I did not build a single willow nor a single arcane library, and I am stalling at halflings and I am planning to build no grape farm or whatever is called, so you do not need those horrid buildings for your mana, depending on how you manage your event buildings, spire sets, etc.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Ahh well, there were few event buildings that have good mana when I passed through those chapters, and definitely no Spire sets.
Regardless some players are racing through these chapters and do not wait for events, so they do the chapters by following the guides.
To each their own, right?

Yeah, when I started the last year, the Spire island (like now closed), was as suspicious as the cave we all have in our cities hehe. Indeed, each on their own. In chapters, I do not rush, but do not stall while working it neither. If I need stuff: PP. I have hosts of those (I wish they never existed, they take the fun, but since they do, I am up for the convenience.) However, I level up the portal first to level 4, and then ALL the settlement buildings (maxed out S&Ds for example), also to level 4. They change a lot, so its nice to see them evolve. Usually, I stall for weeks in between chapters, get the new AWs to level 6 for crappy ones, level 7 for ones with a future, to work a little more on military ones, usually doing a whole event, and then starting once more.

I will probably start halflings after this golem event ends, or maybe after its FAs. I have 339 provinces and I keep researching. Let's see what happens with the tournaments in life, and when. But indeed, to each their own :) This way I stock up on blueprints to level up right away M Residences and M Workshops, and arrange the city, for stuff to be ready to grow. I like to play ahead.

I have already two level-23 marble, and two level-23 crystal (my future T4, and T5), and leveling up two level-19 (16 atm), gems (my T6) In addition, I already starting to level up 2 steels, and 2 scrolls, which will be my future T7-8-9 as it can be seen over the APP. So, stalling, but doing future's homework, while leveling up 3 AWs this week.