• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trees and Lampions

DeletedUser7797

Hi,
I dont reseach Trees and Lampions in Fairy chapter.
And this stops me at Temple of the Holy Fire when i need to build new Culture building.
I’m playing via app.
Could this be improved?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Yep a dead end 65kp for small culture buildings, has anyone researched it?:eek:
it should be taken out of storyline quests at the very least, that would be an improvement:D

DeletedUser7733

Making story quest line hard is Inno's way to control players' progress. They get harder and harder. I don't mind it as it gives an extra challenge and I love the Diamonds they give at the end of each chapter. There are players that don't do these quests and it works well for them. So at the end it's all up to you :)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Making story quest line hard is Inno's way to control players' progress. They get harder and harder. I don't mind it as it gives an extra challenge and I love the Diamonds they give at the end of each chapter. There are players that don't do these quests and it works well for them. So at the end it's all up to you :)

Please let’s back to the topic. Story line quests and whether we do them or not are totally off topic. The issue is with culture buildings menu stopping at Temple of the Holy Fire even though we have way more advanced culture buildings researched.

DeletedUser7797

Please let’s back to the topic. Story line quests and whether we do them or not are totally off topic. The issue is with culture buildings menu stopping at Temple of the Holy Fire even though we have way more advanced culture buildings researched.
I hope one day it is improved. Inno is focusing on another important items i think.

DeletedUser7733

I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset anyone. I saw a mention of story line quests so I answered what I thought is relevant. Sorry about that.

What I was getting at, that you don't have to research Trees and Lampions to move forward in the game. This research unlocks three culture buildings and that's Baoboak Tree, Cocoon Lampions and Temple of Seeds. If you don't do the research they won't get unlocked but you should be able to unlock culture buildings after that with a relevant research. If you have a problem with unlocking culture buildings after that than I would send a support ticket.

And of course, I could be wrong so sorry if I am.

Pauly7

Magus
I've been reading this over and over and I'm still struggling to understand what we're talking about exactly.

So... trees and lampions... is an optional research in the Fairy chapter, so to that end researching it would come down to whether or not you want those buildings that are offered. Personally I couldn't wait to get those trees and start adding them into the small spaces in my city.

Then you mentioned Temple of the Holy Fire and that's where I get lost. Maybe you mean Temple of Seeds. Are you saying that there is a storyline quest asking you to build a Temple of Seeds and you would rather not because it was an optional research?

My answer would be that the storyline quests are also optional so you can play it how you choose. Surely the fact that one research is optional can only make things easier for you, not harder?

DeletedUser3571

I think what they are saying is that on the APP if you don't research the trees and lampions then it will not allow you to build any culture building researched after that point. (temple of holy fire being the last culture building they can build)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I just checked on my app having not researched trees and lampions but have unlocked harvest festival, which is the next culture unlock, and i can build the harvest festival. so im not sure what the problem is...

FieryArien

Necromancer
Ahhh, I see the problem now. @CleverAngel777, you don’t know what we are discussing here. Let me explain with pictures. EDIT: In meantime I see other players are guessing. :) I guess we should start writing the “I play in the app” part in bold. :)

In the app, when player opens the culture building menu, it opens at the most advanced culture building. In my particular case it should be:
B040AF16-6E31-48BC-953F-09A426980F92.jpeg

However, I haven’t researched the Trees and Lampions. And my culture buildings menu in fact opens here:
C34B2FBA-C178-4E9E-B05A-A59C63962BF3.jpeg

Thagdal

Sorcerer
right i see that now :D thanks @FieryArien
only thing to do is keep on swiping..

i normally use a pc so wasnt aware of the issue, hence the confusion. but yes that would get annoying if your getting near the end chapters:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7733

Ahhh, I see the problem now. @CleverAngel777, you don’t know what we are discussing here. Let me explain with pictures. EDIT: In meantime I see other players are guessing. :) I guess we should start writing the “I play in the app” part in bold. :)

In the app, when player opens the culture building menu, it opens at the most advanced culture building. In my particular case it should be:
View attachment 3520

However, I haven’t researched the Trees and Lampions. And my culture buildings menu in fact opens here:
View attachment 3519

Great, issues solved, dramas avoided, all it comes down to is communication. :)

Pauly7

Magus
Right, so the problem is: When playing on the app, when you open the culture buildings menu it opens at the point of the next culture building that is yet to be researched and not the most advanced one that has been researched and therefore some annoying swiping is necessary.

And that is why you asked - could it be improved. I think I'm on the right page now.

I haven't encountered this, but if it's as I now understand then I would agree with you. It's probably similarly frustrating to how on the app it likes to jump to the province that you don't want in tournaments.

DeletedUser7797

View attachment 3520

View attachment 3519
Thanks @FieryArien for clarifying the topic :)

DeletedUser8397

I researched it and used the buildings. :)

If a research is there I have done it, whether required or not compulsory, however there are a few things, like suggested in this thread that could be tweaked a little in the app. :)

We should start thread - only app issues!
I play only over app, it's easier for me, I'm laying or chilling on couch.