• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Traveling Merchants

Pauly7

Magus
I've always ignored these due to their really low output of goods. I'm trying to look up whether they have had their powers boosted at all since last I looked that perhaps made them worth having, but I haven't seen any data more recent than almost a couple of years ago. In the crafting menu the tooltip doesn't offer a clue except for icons representing the goods that can be produced.

I guess it's probably all the same as it used to be, but if anyone has any more recent information, especially what it gives for the later chapters, I would be most grateful. I may just craft the one that is in my recipe selections now, just to have a look, but it's probably a waste of 3 CCs.

Pauly7

Magus
OK thanks. I thought so. I just keep thinking that surely at some point they will realise that these buildings need to be adjusted.

I may take it over to the ideas section.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I know people who love them and have populated there city with them.
There goal was a working city without the need for supplies. so full of traveling merchants and unit producing buildings.
they did get a boost in the past making them from utterly useless to somewhat decent.

It's a shame I can't remember the name of the city to take a picture for you

m4rt1n

Adept
They are useful for very low chapter players, especially TM3, as it gives goods not yet available that can be traded cross tier to help.

Pauly7

Magus
OK out of curiosity I crafted it and built it. (Crazy that you have to do all that just to see!)

For me it's not actually quite as bad as it looks. I should caveat this by saying I like to see variation in my city and I don't do everything for efficiency. For most people it's still not worth building because it doesn't compare to your high chapter manufactories. This is especially so for those with high level Mountain Halls.

Here is how it looks:

3hr non-boosted T1 = 460 (77 goods per tile)
9hr non-boosted T1 = 1,060 (177 goods per tile)

My smallest marble manufactory is on level 18 (I just can't bear to have too many of the big white marble manus!) This one gives me:

3hr boosted T1 = 1,413 (94 goods per tile)
9hr boosted T1 = 2,586 (172 goods per tile)

So yeah, I know that you have to factor in the extra road used if you were using these as a system and those looking for pure efficiency won't want them anyway, but for me to fill in a little space and have a bit of variation... I will leave it there, at least, though it's nothing to be excited about and I won't be looking for any more of them.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yes there not as rubbish as the once were, there neither good nor bad. and since you do not need supplies this (especially the T3 version) it's even a bit more efficient.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I would be more inclined to build these if a little culture was provided with them, but seeing as they don't provide any of that but a small amount of goods, I will save the space for an event building that also gives goods but also gives culture to boot........they are just not for everybody :confused: