• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Transparent Com Tool - Tasks Log

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think it would be nice to find some kind of blog summerazing the different tasks' status for the bugs solving and the new developements coming... I presented it in a table but a blog like look would be fine, like the "event logs" most companies are having on their first page...

This could be an average com tool for those willing some basic infos but not at the point they would search a forum and read hundreds of messages... This would probably involve 80-90% of the players. (from my own view of who is asking what to me generally, inside and sometimes outside the FS, plus my subjective point of view about those asking things into this forum, that have already been discussed multiple times, previously, since the game began in 2015...)

It would help us evaluating how the team is concerned in what's important for them/us...
But it could also be a view of a part of an inner diary/agenda tool for Inno (that should already exist imo)

tool.com.png

bad.balance.png
Oh noooooo !
A "Team involved" amount (how many devs/peop are on it) would be fine but I won't dream so far... First, that much transparency could/would lead to bad thoughs from us... and better half a tool coming soon than a perfect tool never coming :p

wroung.way.png
Wrong Way !
... remember, not everybody wants to be spammed or tracked on social networks, the best engineer's rule is still K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simply Stupid)... a link, a blog, no login, read-only. ;)

Last edited:

cwgiii

Shaman
Being a Project Manager by trade, I LOVE this idea.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will be implemented for many reasons (not that I agree with them) including: maintenance requirements to keep the info up to date, perception that this would reveal trade secrets, internal strategy, etc.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Its an excellent idea to gain some insight into Inno's plans and priorities for the game. Couldn't agree more, great idea tonton :)
Thx for sharing/supporting :)
Being a Project Manager by trade, I LOVE this idea.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will be implemented for many reasons (not that I agree with them) including: maintenance requirements to keep the info up to date, perception that this would reveal trade secrets, internal strategy, etc.
Thx for sharing/supporting :) I agree mostly... ;)
Of course it would require them to filter some infos for the purpose you mentionned.
Buuuut, as you mentionned too, you can't really manage a big project without an internal tool to inform everyone inside of the progress of each sub-part (even with some filters here and there too), so everyone is knowing who is doing what and when... so our com tool could be a filtered window to the inner log (management tool)... a daily DB filtered selection, followed by a cuztomized automated blog update could be rather short to implement, all the data are already there, a simple "internal/external" tag added to the internal DB should do the trick...