• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trading station

Hekata

Artisan
I just got a trading station from the Spire and I was surprised that that building is not better than a trading outpost at all. It gives 10%PP every 48 hours and takes 8 squares which is exactly what 2 trading outposts do. If anything having 2 trading posts is better because you can fit them into small corners. And yet we have only like 5 to 10% chance to get it from the stage 2 boss.
The other Spire buildings are all an upgrade from the regular ones: the dwarven armoured gives more health, the genies give different and better goods than the wells, the library has unique perks too. So why is this one no better than the regular trading outpost but valued so much as to be in that not so easy to get box at only 10% chances?

Deleted User - 1759805

Well, trading outposts are rarer than your other comparables for "regular" buildings, you just can't easily get them nowadays. The last time they were in the event dailies was a while ago, and since then you could only get them once per grand prize loop. UUU are craftable, so while not super frequent at least can be sustainable. Wells are commonly available as daily prizes in each event, sometimes on 2 days - not to mention grand prize loop. Plus, I am not sure that Genie is that much better given that it is substantially larger.

Having said that, I've got a lot more in straight PPs from the Spire - got several of 50% ones, as well as a ton of smaller ones. With that, Trading Station that needs time and space to produce PPs is just not that appealing. You never know when you need a lot of PPs though (*cough* Chapter15 *cough*) ;)

DeletedUser1874

Yeah, pretty much what @MinMax Gamer said. Even though it's less convenient than trading posts though I'd rather have that than pretty much any other prize from the Spire, especially if Chapter XV is an indicator of things to come...
As to Genies, I think that their chance to drop diamonds (in an a amount, because of course it had to be random and not fixed) is far lower than WWs, which in my humble opinion doesn't make up for the fact that the other prices offered are better (even taking into account PPs). Of course I don't have nearly enough of a sampling pool to draw anything but anecdotal evidence, but still.

Deleted User - 1759805

I think that their chance to drop diamonds (in an a amount, because of course it had to be random and not fixed) is far lower than WWs
You can see Genie probabilities here:

DeletedUser1874

You can see Genie probabilities here:
Right, I had forgotten about that. I stand by the post I made at the time, even though now that we're basically forced to play the blasted Spire in order to get those pesky Teleports, I'll probably end up using one of two. Assuming I make it through Chapter XV without putting a bullet in my head that is.

Hekata

Artisan
@MinMax Gamer I usually get at least 2 of the grand prizes during an event, and 2 trading outposts last just the time between 2 events. For me it still makes the easier to get than that station for which you need to get to boss n2 and be very very lucky or be lucky to get a golden/purple chest and then be lucky again to get the station. Or rather unlucky because that's not the best prize ofc. My point is that if we have those spire exclusive prizes they should really be better that the more common prizes especially if we have a 5-10% of chance to get them.
And I also keep getting the 50%PP every time I get the purple chest which is not often at all and that's why I'm annoyed by it. all the other prizes seem better. Ofc I just started chapter 13 so maybe by the time I get to the infamous chapter 15 I will feel differently :)

@Vetrinus I can't say if a genie is better or worst in terms of diamonds than WW I am bad at statistics, but they offer different prizes in general. For me getting time boosters and PP is still better than getting small amounts of T3. And that's what the spire prizes should be, offer something a bit different or better otherwise it's really not worthy wasting the resources to get them.

DeletedUser1874

@Vetrinus I can't say if a genie is better or worst in terms of diamonds than WW I am bad at statistics, but they offer different prizes in general. For me getting time boosters and PP is still better than getting small amounts of T3. And that's what the spire prizes should be, offer something a bit different or better otherwise it's really not worthy wasting the resources to get them.
Agreed, but let's not forget that in order to progress through the spire Seeds and Time Boosters are needed (among the other things, such as luck and even coin/supply instants if you're going through a chapter and/or are tournament-heavy). Were it not for the chance at getting those mandatory yet RNG-gated Teleports, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be gambling my way through the Spire.

m4rt1n

Adept
Agreed, but let's not forget that in order to progress through the spire Seeds and Time Boosters are needed (among the other things, such as luck and even coin/supply instants if you're going through a chapter and/or are tournament-heavy). Were it not for the chance at getting those mandatory yet RNG-gated Teleports, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be gambling my way through the Spire.

Agreed, I now only play the spire for Teleports and time boosters.
I don't waste time boosters on the gates either, if I need too diamonds won in the spire are far far cheaper to use if saving the time boosters for troop training.

Deleted User - 1759805

...so maybe by the time I get to the infamous chapter 15 I will feel differently :)
You will. If you were only getting a couple of Trading Outposts per event and with Chapter 15 on your horizon, you may consider Trading Station as a really, really good thing ;)

DeletedUser6357

The trading station has the advantage of being 4 * 2 and requires fewer tiles to access the city.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I got one Trading Station too. I finished it a while ago, but the Coin Rain (unless my memory fails), is 20%, not 10% like the 2x2 one.

I worked my butt in that Spire (two libraries, one gate, four endless scrolls, 3 mana plants, 3 gum trees. I also got a couple 50% PP, several lower ones, a couple of Dwarven Armorers, lots of CC, and dozen of thousand fragments. Diamonds too (don't like that price).

I opened about four purple chests, eight yellow ones and a ton of blue ones, plus the regular chests floor 1 and 2 (3 is too much.)

Ironically, I didn't get a single genie. But I am more than satisfied. As for today, I am done 100% with the Spire (until I do a bit to lend a hand to my FS once the updates arrives (beta update.))