• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader

eness

Seeker
Every time I visit the trader one feature which is not available is the ability to filter by the actual traders themselves by what I (subjectively) consider to be UNFAIR trades (for any reason which any of us deem to be unreasonable

I don't want to wade through, see, or MORE IMPORTANTLY inadvertently accept trades from unfair/certain traders....

What I propose is to take advantage of the currently vacant tab space in the trader and use it to house a blacklist maintained by each player

FYI....Personally, I value the right of ALL players to make ANY trade(s) they wish, but having said that, I also value my right to treat them as being unworthy of my attention, and remove them at will

Julian

Sorcerer
Personally, yes, I'd like to blacklist a certain sentient goods player who always posts zero-rated trades. However, lower starred trades are always pushed to the back of the lists, so they shouldn't be a problem.

Gargon667

Mentor
Every trade with lower than 2 stars is auto-blacklisted if you stop scrolling past 2 stars.

cwgiii

Shaman
Every trade with lower than 2 stars is auto-blacklisted if you stop scrolling past 2 stars.

On the Browser version, this is actually not necessarily the case. If you consider trades that you do not currently (at that specific moment) have sufficient amounts of a specific item to trade, those trades get sequestered at the very end, past the lower (zero) star trades that you do have sufficient amounts of a particular item to trade. As you accept trades, it is possible that posted trades jump above and below in the listing as your momentary item quantities change.

I am currently in the Elvenar chapter and I trade a large amount of Sentient goods to accomplish research. There are many times that I plan sequences of trades to "move" quantities in the most efficient way, in order to maximize my final goal(s) of good(s) to accumulate. I do this multiple times a day (sometimes, multiple times an hour, depending on when others take my posted trades of various quantities).

This is an example of when it would be very beneficial to literally purge lower level trades off the list entirely, to remove amount of scrolling back and for when strategizing sequential trades.

Gargon667

Mentor
yes trades you cannot take are also "auto-blacklisted" and the get "auto-un-blacklisted" if you get the resources you need to take them. I don´t understand how that is bad?

As long as you stop scrolling at whatever star value is your cutoff, you don´t see any "bad" trades.

So I guess it solves most problems, of course not all problems, it´s just a work around after all.

More options would certainly be nice, but last time I heard a comment coming back about the trader (admittedly that was a very long time ago, but I have never since heard any comment back from the other side) they said, the trader was already "too complicated" and they didn´t want to make it more so... I find that a very debatable comment, but well what isn´t... anyway since then I basically have given up hope for a better trader, except changing the functionality of the button on the App version, because that literally would not change anything in terms of "complicated"

eness

Seeker
yes trades you cannot take are also "auto-blacklisted" and the get "auto-un-blacklisted" if you get the resources you need to take them. I don´t understand how that is bad?
I'd suggest that it's not necessarily about trades that you CANNOT take, so much as about trades that you don't want to INADVERTENTLY, take
Where is the harm in being able to prevent yourself from accepting (subjectively) BAD trades?
More options would certainly be nice, but last time I heard a comment coming back about the trader (admittedly that was a very long time ago, but I have never since heard any comment back from the other side)
Citations are certainly needed here, however, a recent comment appears to disagree with your position regarding the length of time within which such a comment was made

Additionally, it's about being able to filter the TRADERS making the trades, for whatever reason that the individual deems to be, fair

they said, the trader was already "too complicated" and they didn´t want to make it more so... I find that a very debatable comment

I'm not sure that I could really agree with this statement, however let's say that it is, correct. Where would be the problem with making the trader more capable of refining that for which the player determines to be, important?

Once again, the suggestion is about player control over trades THEY want to see, and NOT about the trades that are (subjectively) rightly/ably to be made