• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Trader skips a line when accepting a trades

Gargon667

Mentor
I just repost this because I cannot find the old thread anymore where it was reported last (it was months ago of course), but it still isn´t fixed, so I repost it here.

I play EN3, but guess it is everywhere

it affects the App, not the browser.

It does NOT happen all the time, and it only happens once, when it happens.

What happens: If you have a list of trades in your trader and you start accepting them, the window of visible trades will occasionally jump one line at the bottom, so that a trade will disappear from view, even though it has not been accepted, instead it just leaves the visible field (always on the bottom never on the top end of the screen). Scrolling down a line will bring it back into view.
I have never seen it happen that more than one line leaves the window. But if I scroll down to make the one that got pushed down come back into view I can "push it out" again by clicking other trades.

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah I've always had a problem with the trader on the app. I made it a rule long ago to not do any of my trade accepting from the mobile. Occasionally I break that rule, but I have to be especially careful and wait for it to stop jumping before I pick the next trade I want.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Gargon667 That's an unusual one isn't it. I'll forward the issue to our Team however it would be great if you could get a screenshot of this for us to look at. If and when you do please attach it to a ticket and send it to Support and in the meantime i'll forward this on :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Pauly7

Magus
I think they're aware @Herodite. People brought it up as soon as we could start trading on the app. Pick one trade and then it jumps. I can't tell you the exact details of how it jumps. I just know I have to be on the ball. Pick one trade then look closely at what you're clicking next.

FieryArien

Necromancer
One trade? That’s strange. For me it happens when accepting a second trade on the same screen.
@Herodite, I think the reproduction steps might be:
1) Scroll to some position where small trades are listed, so you can take more of them without scrolling and searching.
2) Accept a trade (around the middle, so you see how the surrounding behaves) and look at the sorting behavior.
3) Accept another trade and look at the weird move the trades make.

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 That's an unusual one isn't it. I'll forward the issue to our Team however it would be great if you could get a screenshot of this for us to look at. If and when you do please attach it to a ticket and send it to Support and in the meantime i'll forward this on :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

This is not new or unusual, happens all the time when accepting multiple trades in a row. I only reposted it because it was gone from the list of bugs here and it isn´t solved.

Apparently there are various ideas on excatly how many trades one has to accept to trigger the bug, I thought it was a random (small) number, but it may always be the same? I never really paid attention to that. All I can say it is not always on the first one. It may be always on the second or third? Or it may vary between say 1 and 5 trades? but eventually it will always trigger.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
It is kind of your relative position to the rest of the trades. I am used to it by now, so like FieryArien, I do not start at the top or the bottom of a range of similar trades. One can kind of follow what happens in the tiered goods, but the sentient goods can make you really scratch your head where the next one disappeared to as similar value trades are not grouped per trader name.