• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Mark II

Aisling1

Conjurer
I'm not very good at posting or posting with quotes but I have been following ALL the arguments.

And I am still not satisfied. No matter what filters are invented, - and ignoring sentient goods - the filter currently available allows 16:1 Tier III to Tier I... but no more. Offering the same odds, Tier I for III and you cannot do it. .. much easier after a certain stage to produce TierIII and sell for lower tiers.. no incentive to produce Tier I, II.. after a certain stage... but if everyone does it???who's left producing the Tier I needed???

My argument against back cross tier trading is as follows.. it makes it very difficult for new/ lower level, it pushes away "map neighbours" and is detrimental to intra FS relationships.. encouraging enclaves of enlightened players rather than a world to be explored.. New, fresh players are pushed out.

and so on and so forth.. so you can't profitably set yourself up as a steel trader in an area of the map with steel shortages and earn like a Tier III trader.. so as soon as you can, you dump Tier I and start back cross tier trading..

I still haven't heard one decent argument for why back cross tier trading is a good idea, nor why any player should keep producing Tier I goods.. individually yes, but it is death for an "interactive" game..

I am not, repeat not, complaining about my ability to get goods or sell goods.. I just think the Trader should be as integral a part of these worlds as the tournament/ map and expansion.. and for a long time now, it's been.. well, half assed???

Aisling1

Conjurer
Sorry, got that back ways.. but you know what I mean.. try posting to offer what you think your Tier I is worth on a Tier III deal.. and the trader rejects it.. but backways.. no problemo.