• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Trader freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimkimkim

Summoner
My trader freezes while collecting lots of trades......and when I switch a tab in the trader, the page is blank....and once I X off of the trader, I am unable to do anything, this includes switching to another world, until I refresh the game but then it just happens again......this has all just started today after the update occurred and I'm thinking this coincides with the problems other people have been having (memory)
Screenshot.png this is the start of the freeze
Screenshot (1).png this is when I switch tabs in trader after start of freeze

I am running Google Chrome and yes I have cleared my cache and cookies but this still is happening

kimkimkim

Summoner
ty @Herodite , I will do......and to give an update, it seems to not only happen in the trader but also doing neighbor help in notifications and starting productions in the portal......I'm getting a sense that multiple clicking is setting this off

Hekata

Artisan
I'm having problem with the trader too, it works for bit than freezes and I often have to reload the game. It also sometimes shows wired things like all players having the same name, or trades of 10000 T6 asking for 10000 T5 being 2* instead of 3*.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Beside Trader, to me it happened also while donating KP to another guildy. Suddenly all was a bit darker and couldn't do anything beside reloading the page.

SkyRider99

Mentor
The Trader problem is still there today! Cleared cache. We have broadband, so use routers not modems. Tried using Chrome browser instead of Firefox, but same problem. A nasty bug this one! :(

kimkimkim

Summoner
Is there a ray of hope that this will be fixed BEFORE start of fellowship adventure?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys! I do apologise, I have asked the question (and keep prodding) but i've had nothing back just yet!

As soon as I know anything i'll update you :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I have asked the question (and keep prodding)
Maybe try poking and nudging also? :)

Apart from the demands of the upcoming FA, the continual game freeze is not much fun.

Cheers @Herodite. I can only imagine how complex the Trader code is for your devs and programmers. They get time off to sleep and eat don't they? o_O Bathroom breaks are optional.

Alcaro

Necromancer
A temporary solution is to force refresh every time your game stays idle more than 30 min. I found out that this is working, at least it does for me.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Even with a fresh login the Trader has a fit after just a few transactions. The whole game just locks up.

The Trader is a fundamental requirement of game play. We urgently need a fix!

kimkimkim

Summoner
So happy to see this was NOT fixed before start of the fellowship adventure....don't be surprised if you see a bill from me for a new wig when I pull out all my natural hair :(:po_O

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'm really sorry guys, im still none the wiser as to what they intend to do at the moment :confused:
The Trader must be a monumental piece of code. I would not like to be in their shoes!

At least we are not getting data corruption, such as having our goods amounts being altered. However I did get forced into taking some trades I did not want because the Trader list did not refresh properly. o_O

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
There is a possible solution: to revert back to the old setup and go back to the drawing board and test it on Beta first. Personally, I'm quite happy to refresh couple of times during world visits, it's still better than refresh every 15 minutes during normal play.

Status
Not open for further replies.