• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Trader freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I have made an observation.....for the past 2 days I have not gone into my trader at all and low and behold nothing freezes up, I can be in my cities for hours, BUT the moment I go into my trader and start taking trades, which I need to do, then everything freezes, not just the trader, after that......pinpoint problem has something to do with the trader, so whatever recent tweak was done to it, broke it

SkyRider99

Mentor
I have been limiting my Trader activity too. The freeze hasn't happened during the past couple of days. Maybe it has been fixed? I will push the Trader harder and see what happens.

Hekata

Artisan
Still happening to me too and this time it happened despite the fact that I didn't take / post any trades, I just took a look at what's on the market :(

SkyRider99

Mentor
I had updated my antivirus software and did a hard reboot, then noticed some improvement. I know that's clutching at straws, but something strange is happening with the Trader, that's for sure.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Yeah. It was wishful thinking on my part :(

I only opened the Trader today and it was like Fimbulwinter had come early. OK, maybe not that bad, but totally frozen anyway.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Hi @Herodite. That 'rating' effect has only happened to me two or three times since the Trader problem began. It seems to be random.

I couldn't repeat the issue shown in my pic when I was deliberately trying. But it may arise again. I wouldn't bet my lunch on it though. :)

If it happens again I will post another message. Thanks Herodite.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Still happening here.....and I'm getting a bit concerned....going on 2 weeks now with no solution in sight, is it because this problem can't be "recreated" that no one knows what to do? I mean, I know all of us here whom have brought up this problem are not going crazy, are we? It is happening and the start of the solution is to go back to the last update and either revert back to before that update or take a real hard look at what was done for that update........and yes I know we need to be patient, but really how long do you want us to be patient for?

p.s. just a side note because I don't think any of us have mentioned this.....this is happening in browser, so if you are using mobile, I don't think it's happening there

sunrae

Soothsayer
The trader freezing is becoming a bore now she said in her deepest voice with her best Paddington stare Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
In Arendyll, Winyandor and Beta Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Do we have any news of progress on this? As Mr Brown scuttles back into his office to look for a solution Paddington munches unhappily on a marmalade sandwich :( then refreshes the page again........and again

SkyRider99

Mentor
@Alcaro @SkyRider99 Would you mind sending in a ticket concerning the Star Trades giving details of what you found (and any accompanying screenshots would be wonderful!)

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Hi Herodite. I raised a Support ticket today, 31-03-22. It is in the Bug & Tech Issues section, titled 'Trader errors - March 2022'. Screen shot png file was attached.

SkyRider99

Mentor
And received a quick reply from Support. The dev team are aware of the problem and advise that the fix will be in a future game update.

'Future'? How long is a piece of string? :rolleyes:

kimkimkim

Summoner
And received a quick reply from Support. The dev team are aware of the problem and advise that the fix will be in a future game update.

'Future'? How long is a piece of string? :rolleyes:
that string is really long as that is the same response I got from my ticket about this situation on the 15th, still waiting :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.